Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Feb 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3203769)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah - why does this have to be so complicated......?
Old 17 May 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3249049)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, is there anything more newsworthy on this? It's three months now since I last posted and I confess I haven't tried it since.
Old 17 May 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3249055)   #28
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Such a shame. It had/has so much potential, but the rate of development has killed it.

I've long since moved on.
Old 17 May 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3249077)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I take it then that what passes as development in the last 3 months probably won't impress me that much.....?
Old 1 Oct 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3311550)   #30
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone here tried the new Lola T70 sports car? For me, it really is very good indeed. Well worth trying if you are a GPL head.

There is also a fantastic version of Longford now out (although it was done privately).
Old 1 Oct 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3311589)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Given up on it. A complete waste of my time. Gone back to something else......
Old 1 Oct 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3311616)   #32
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exactly

My point too Ayes, its badly released, badly put together and nobody wants to mod for it! Completely outclassed by even console games in theory!
Old 1 Oct 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3311634)   #33
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Exactly

My point too Ayes, its badly released, badly put together and nobody wants to mod for it! Completely outclassed by even console games in theory!
Each to their own but I think you guys are being a tad harsh. Console games? Rf2 models track rubber build up and marbles on a lap by lap basis, multiple tyre deformation patterns and chassis flex. Does anything else come close to doing this? Certainly not Iracing. I agree that it has its problems but for me its the most technically sophisticated sim out there at the moment. Just needs more content!
Old 1 Oct 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3311653)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Exactly so. I've paid for something that has very little content. Not good enough. Develop it properly and then sell it.......
Old 1 Oct 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3311688)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I racing really does wee all over this, OK you do have to pay for the privilege, but at least you can play it, there are servers always open, and it is well worth the initial outlay. It is easy to play, well put together and not at all difficult to work out whats going on, you don't have to reinstall every few weeks, use torrents to do it and spend hours on forums trying to work out what on earth is different.

Two games released recently have done this, PCARS which is an abject disgrace, and RF2 which is jkust very poorly administered and run.

I don't necessarily agree with the content being so expensive in IR, but in all honesty there is no comparison if you have played it. I tried it for a month and couldn't stop, I tried RF2 and got frustrated after an hour.

RF2 is amateur, nearly two years old and hardly much better than it was when it was released.

I feel conned and thousands do too, simple as that its dire.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3311786)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I also think the thread title should be changed to 'rFactor2 - will it ever be finished?'
Old 2 Oct 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3311818)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I just don't understand their business model

At least with PCARS you could see progress and a clear idea of what they were trying to achieve and contribute accordingly eitehr a lot or very little, even though it clearly was not anyting aimed at proper sim gamers, and it doesn't seem to have managed to do anything other than divide the sim community and raise barriers that were not previously there due to a very power hungry and domineering MD.

RF2 should simply have been an updated version of RF1 with nice graphics and should have really been very, very easy to mod for.

I think the main issue is that with RF1 it was seemingly fairly easy (not for mortals) to copy stuff across and drop it from other types of game engine into RF.

For RF2 you are having to do it from the start, hence the delays and issues, and the fact that most good stuff is coming from ISI themselves.

Some of it is good, the FFB is great, the feel in some cars is amazing, but the back up is terrible, the downloading and hosting very poor.

I will not deny loving it when it was first released, but it is simply miles behind in the customer service stakes.

Comparing it to Iracing is not just wrong it is really rather unfair! As there is no contest, one is a totally polished finished product backed heavily both financially and R&D wise. The other is almost a project from a load of blokes

What annoys me is having to pay a fair sum for it initially, that I think was a bit of a raw deal.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3311831)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Enthusiast modding is fine; and can be to very high standards. The mistake comes when you start asking people to pay for what is essentially modding at 'spare time enthusiast' pace.....
Old 2 Oct 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3311853)   #39
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I just don't understand their business model...

Comparing it to Iracing is not just wrong it is really rather unfair! As there is no contest, one is a totally polished finished product backed heavily both financially and R&D wise. The other is almost a project from a load of blokes
I take your point but I kind of see it the other way. Rf2 is clearly undercapitalised but they have doen well to produce something that is more technically sophisticated than Iracing, a game that is backed up by millions of Boston Red Sox dollars. If only the Rf2 team had sorted out their business model first in order to make the best of their vision and technical superiority...
Old 2 Oct 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3311891)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The thing is leo

The end user will eventually make their choice
And they pretty much all choose Iracing, as at the moment it is the only really valid choice if you dont want to race in leagues and simply turn up and drive for fun.

I ahve to say I did and thoroughlly enjoyed it. But like many I simply refuse to pay they outlay, it's good but not worth what they are asking, it is fairly cheap if yoou wnat to spend all day raing Legends and low end stock cars, but some of the stuff on there is fairly mundane unless you fork out for some decent cars
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3317945)   #41
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't driven Rfactor 2 for a while (not since build 156!), but I updated it a few days ago to the current build (300 at the time of writing) and the experience has been a whole different world. I'm really starting to enjoy it.

The crazy shaking I had with my G25 has been completely eliminated and the updated cars/physics now make the things actually drivable. I can now actually drive the Formula ISI Marussia and the Meganes are really good fun even on, dare I say it, public servers.

It has been slow going, but I think it's now really starting to take shape. Something needs to step and take on the mantle since the most recent 'current' crop of sims are starting to age a little bit with nothing there to really pick up and carry the torch.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3318899)   #42
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
World greatest sportscar track is now out - Targa Florio. Graphically its not perfect but it doesn't seem to matter when you are taking a Lola flat out through Cerda or Collesano.

Here's one event that makes you wish you'd been born twenty years earlier to see it for real...
Old 26 Oct 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3323425)   #43
Baigu
Rookie

Canada
Ottawa
Baigu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Played RF1 a lot, but the way RF2 was "released", I never bothered with it. Got a 6 month free promo of Iracing from Cadillac, loved it and never looked back!
Old 3 May 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3401102)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just tried to update to 134 - just to see if there's anything new that's worthwhile, but it gets to 60% and chucks me out. I presume because my annual sub has expired. So that's 15 months since I signed up. I wonder how many more times you might be expected to pay for this until its actually finished.....?
Old 3 May 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3401110)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It seems they want another £30 for me to carry on...... You must be joking..