Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Nov 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3332486)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely, or maybe not, Schnozzles (on cars ...... eventually!)

I see that on the EFF1 fread there is a discussion about 'Ugly Noses'.

Luckily it is not on this section, otherwise I cold see it becoming very personal given the propensity of certain participants in 'Historic Racing' to insult each other at the drop of a crash helmet.

Make what you like of this you ugly bunch of old gits.

PS;
Old 17 Nov 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3332521)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh dear, Bob getting bored again. Trouble is, it's hard to slap down some-one that is SOOOOOO old, so I suppose we have to tolerate these outburst sometimes!
Old 17 Nov 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3332530)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I'm confused by it all .sling I'm on the lighter side John
Old 17 Nov 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3332548)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well I'm confused by it all .sling I'm on the lighter side John
Please don't stick your nose in where it's not wanted
Old 17 Nov 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3332611)   #5
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this topic have anything to do with the Grid Girls thread?
Old 17 Nov 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3332646)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Oh dear, Bob getting bored again. Trouble is, it's hard to slap down some-one that is SOOOOOO old, so I suppose we have to tolerate these outburst sometimes!
Don't be too hard on him John. When you get go his age you can only watch Ylvis on YouTube so many times before attention wanders....

Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3333142)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Don't be too hard on him John. When you get go his age you can only watch Ylvis on YouTube so many times before attention wanders....

These posts simply illustrate what I said at the start, personal insult and common abuse is all too prevalent here, what have I done to deserve such comments?

I am shocked by some of these replies to what was a perfectly innocent topic,

Disgusted of Luton.

PS; I'll see you two at playtime, me and a few of the boys.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3333146)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah....

Luton.

That explains everything then.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3333148)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah....

Luton.

That explains everything then.
Too right!
Old 18 Nov 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3333262)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Does this topic have anything to do with the Grid Girls thread?
I must apologise to John and Mike, I have only just caught on to this one, OK so I am getting old.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3333273)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's living in Luton that does it......
Old 19 Nov 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3333454)   #12
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Noses are like ears, they never stop growing, so if you've got a big one already, you're hardly going to look forward to old age...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3333497)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If this thread of nothingness is an attempt to nose ahead of the other lighthearted thread, Bob, it has failed by 6 grid girls and the country mile!
Old 19 Nov 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3333505)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
If this thread of nothingness is an attempt to nose ahead of the other lighthearted thread, Bob, it has failed by 6 grid girls and the country mile!
John even a biased old bigot like yourself must agree that Delta's thingy does get somewhat heavy on occasion,whereas my sole aim in life is to provide a little light refreshment to the weary souls who have so little left to live for that they spend most of their waking hours logged on to the Historic thread, discussing heating allowances, French taxes, hypothetical seasons yet to come, and boasting about past misdemeanours, and the quality of something called 'Larkins'.

Now we can simply see them all as basket cases, or we can do the decent thing and try to bring a ray of sunshine into their humdrum lives, and raise them from the bed of sloth, and help them make something of their old age.

I expect no payment for my endeavours, and have little hope of any praise for my selfless actions, however, being of sound mind and dodgy finances, I feel a 'call' to stand up and be counted amongst the 'Nice People' of this community.

Should I be condemned for my efforts - so be it - at least I shall rest content in the knowledge that: I TRIED.

St.Bauble.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 10:03 (Ref:3333527)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good man.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3333599)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Nose, grid girls, etc:! Sorry should have put a few after it!
Old 19 Nov 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3333607)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the GT forum how has a thread on Lego, and a lot of the F1 threads make me laugh, so can't see anything wrong on here! This one could be used to post pics of favourite historic race car noses, even, like Bob's 250F pic on F1 thread...

Old 19 Nov 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3333641)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well, the GT forum how has a thread on Lego, and a lot of the F1 threads make me laugh, so can't see anything wrong on here! This one could be used to post pics of favourite historic race car noses, even, like Bob's 250F pic on F1 thread...

So Mr Bell admits to viewing the F1 thread, gracious me!!!

Seriously Mike it is good to get a little support (like a dwarfs Y fronts), when under attack from frosty old moderators.

PS; I have a lot of pictures of 250F's.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3333666)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
John even a biased old bigot like yourself must agree that Delta's thingy does get somewhat heavy on occasion,whereas my sole aim in life is to provide a little light refreshment to the weary souls who have so little left to live for that they spend most of their waking hours logged on to the Historic thread, discussing heating allowances, French taxes, hypothetical seasons yet to come, and boasting about past misdemeanours, and the quality of something called 'Larkins'.

Now we can simply see them all as basket cases, or we can do the decent thing and try to bring a ray of sunshine into their humdrum lives, and raise them from the bed of sloth, and help them make something of their old age.

I expect no payment for my endeavours, and have little hope of any praise for my selfless actions, however, being of sound mind and dodgy finances, I feel a 'call' to stand up and be counted amongst the 'Nice People' of this community.

Should I be condemned for my efforts - so be it - at least I shall rest content in the knowledge that: I TRIED.

St.Bauble.
Bauble, I think Parc Ferme is the place you need if you wish to constantly regale us with various lighthearted tales of life the universe and everything and keep Historic racing for errr, historic racing subjects. One diverting thread here is possibly enough.
Would I be correct in thinking your real name is Bob Bull, if so, how's the Morgan forum going?
Old 19 Nov 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3333683)   #20
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very confused. But I have been through Luton on a coach. Twice.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3333685)   #21
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

My nose was somewhat battered after this adventure

Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3333686)   #22
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have been through Luton on a coach. Twice.
Yeah, I know. Once to get in, and once to get out.

Second trip was better....
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3333695)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Bauble, I think Parc Ferme is the place you need if you wish to constantly regale us with various lighthearted tales of life the universe and everything and keep Historic racing for errr, historic racing subjects. One diverting thread here is possibly enough.
Would I be correct in thinking your real name is Bob Bull, if so, how's the Morgan forum going?
There could well be merit in your recommendation Tim, I have had to leave forums before because of my style, which can upset serious minded types, especially moderators. I think my self lucky that Mr Turner has not suspended my licence before now, I am sure his legendary patience has been tried to the limit. ( In truth I regard John as a good friend.).
BHP? They seem to tolerate me despite my complete lack of any Morgan connection. I find them to be jolly nice bunch of people.

Maybe Historic Racing is not an appropriate vehicle to be silly on, however, there are many serious threads for the dedicated member to indulge their love of old cars, but Parc Ferme? To much competition for me.

I always welcome people's views on anything I post, so if anybody else wishes to hurl invective, abuse or money my way, please feel free.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3333701)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I'm very confused. But I have been through Luton on a coach. Twice.
But you got better?

Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3333702)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

I always welcome people's views on anything I post, so if anybody else wishes to hurl invective, abuse or money my way, please feel free.
Invective and abuse, can do. As for the other, no chance.....