Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3790085)   #76
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Absolutely- it's demeaning ,outdated and embarrassing . The spectacle of the motorsport demographic (middle aged blokes , mainly ) leering at scantily clad lovelies half their age is not a pretty one . Let's try and stop being bloody cavemen...
Old 1 Jan 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3790102)   #77
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I keep seeing the phrases "half naked" and "scantily clad". I just google F1 grid girls and while there are quite a few of these type of pictures from several years ago all the grid girls I could see from the last couple of years seem to be dressed in evening wear or casual clothing styles. Not what I would call half naked or scantily clad.

Maybe the problem is already sorting itself out.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3790117)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
I keep seeing the phrases "half naked" and "scantily clad". I just google F1 grid girls and while there are quite a few of these type of pictures from several years ago all the grid girls I could see from the last couple of years seem to be dressed in evening wear or casual clothing styles. Not what I would call half naked or scantily clad.

I Googled F1 Grid Girls and it is a bit of a mixed bag.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=F1...EILTAB#imgrc=_
Old 1 Jan 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3790120)   #79
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

What are you on about? Not one bag amongst the lot of them!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3790122)   #80
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

The problem with that is that the most scantily dressed were from 2004 season, with the B&H Jordan from maybe 2001. We have moved on from those times. Many others in the google link seemed like they were just spectators dressed as they wish. Other than it seems America, the world capital of cheerleader types. As far as I can tell standards and levels of coverage clothing wise have increased over recent years. Rightly so as we become more aware and sensitive / PC.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3790123)   #81
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That makes the assumption that men can't be offended by it either.
Well, maybe they should take their balls out of their purse and man up a bit?
Old 1 Jan 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3790124)   #82
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Or maybe they have manned up and decided that using women for display purposes maybe isn't the best way of being a "man".
Old 1 Jan 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3790127)   #83
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, if that's what you think, then that's fine. No skin off my back.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 15:44 (Ref:3790138)   #84
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What are you on about? Not one bag amongst the lot of them!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3790143)   #85
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Crikey ... a post from 1974. Amazing. Bloody women eh , nowt but trouble since they got the vote .
Old 1 Jan 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3790147)   #86
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post

It's not just F1, Motorsport generally. Check out bike racing for example. You'd only see girls dressed like that if offering illicit services. So it's not normal dress by any means. Perhaps F1 has added clothes but it's still with 'perfect' women. Why?

It isn't necessary - and it never was.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3790152)   #87
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe F1 should do something radical and kick everyone off the grid except the mechanics, no girls, no boys, no celebs, no tv crews, no interviews, turn the spectacle back into a sport, mysterious, hard nosed and with just enough menace.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3790153)   #88
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
maybe F1 should do something radical and kick everyone off the grid except the mechanics, no girls, no boys, no celebs, no tv crews, no interviews, turn the spectacle back into a sport, mysterious, hard nosed and with just enough menace.
I know it wouldn't be popular, but I'd kick all management and celebs off and I'd have the TV crew down looking at the cars. Not interviewing drivers (because it's the same interview every single time...), but looking at the preparation procedures etc. But then again, I always did prefer the cars over the drivers.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3790154)   #89
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But then again, I always did prefer the cars over the drivers.
Old skool!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:36 (Ref:3790155)   #90
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Hope you never have a daughter!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3790161)   #91
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I know it wouldn't be popular, but I'd kick all management and celebs off and I'd have the TV crew down looking at the cars. Not interviewing drivers (because it's the same interview every single time...), but looking at the preparation procedures etc. But then again, I always did prefer the cars over the drivers.
I remember as a kid watching those ground effect cars blasting round hockenheim, dark brooding forests, menace and danger like a brush with the devil, even if the race was boring you still couldn't take your eyes off the tv.The only thing your knew about the drivers were the colour of their helmet, but you knew they were a different breed, now everything is shiny, celeb culture
Old 1 Jan 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3790162)   #92
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Absolutely- it's demeaning ,outdated and embarrassing . The spectacle of the motorsport demographic (middle aged blokes , mainly ) leering at scantily clad lovelies half their age is not a pretty one . Let's try and stop being bloody cavemen...
Sorry to disagree with a fellow Yorkshireman but it's quite possible to appreciate seeing a lovely young girl doing a promo job without leering at her. I don't feel demeaned or embarrassed though I am undoubtedly outdated. I was struck by the content of the photo in post no.40 and 42 of the pretty but certainly not scantily clad young lady next to Mark Webber where nobody in the crowd around appears even to be looking at her, let alone leering. The girl photographer in front on the right (presumably there with what appears to be an official pass round her neck) appears to be far more scantily clad than the promo girl so should there be a dress code for all?

In case of doubt I agree with many here and also think that the use of scantily clad girls is pathetic but I can live with it just the same as I can live with the equally pathetic public interest in 'celebrity', the incomprehensible dependance of many on mobiles/Facebook/Twitter/selfies etc. and many other facets of today's society.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3790197)   #93
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Absolutely- it's demeaning ,outdated and embarrassing ...
you mean modeling and hostess jobs are demeaning and embarrassing? i think its a very demeaning and embrassing way of thinking about the ladies (and to include that unorthodox monaco gp... boys) whos doing these jobs.

modeling and hosting/hostessing are jobs like anything else, driving a bus or working as a life guard, it is just a job. these girls (and yes, once in a blue moon boys) are trained to smile, elevate the hype around events, know how to be well coordinated around cameras, be well presented by leading a healthy, sporty lifestyle and knowing fashion know-hows. if you will look at them in a creepy way, that tells a story about you, not them, nor the organization hiring them to serve as additional attraction, additional wow factor to a glamorous sport F1 is.

be the change you want to see in the world and dont look at these girls like object please, dont tell them that what they do is deaming and embrassing, accept and celebarte the fact that they are good at their jobs (when they are) and dont be a caveman.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3790235)   #94
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Hope you never have a daughter!

I do, she's 15 now and doing just fine, thank you very much.
But please, do keep up the personal attacks for something that nobody but misandrists and the perpetually outraged complain about.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 00:50 (Ref:3790236)   #95
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
But please, do keep up the personal attacks for something that nobody but misandrists and the perpetually outraged complain about.
i’m neither of those. nor are my hard working female friends in motorsport who also have a problem with grid and promotional girls.

but please, carry on.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 01:14 (Ref:3790239)   #96
ASCII Man
Veteran

No, I'm done with this charade.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 03:47 (Ref:3790260)   #97
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
You'd only see girls dressed like that if offering illicit services. So it's not normal dress by any means.
I think you may need to visit a country with a warmer climate once in a while. I think you would be surprised at what constitutes regular casual dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Perhaps F1 has added clothes but it's still with 'perfect' women. Why?
Because people like to advertise and promote their products in the best light. The only time I can remember advertising using ugly people to promote products is when they want it portrayed as negative, such as anti smoking and drinking campaigns.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3790306)   #98
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah yes, the old "hot people use this product so you should too so you can get all the attention from the opposite sex" thing.

i don't make my product choices based on hot people, so maybe that's why i don't understand it all...
Old 2 Jan 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3790322)   #99
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Is telling people to grow a pair of balls not a personal attack? After saying it's no skin off your back, it's an interestingly harsh statement to make. People who advocate keeping grid girls always seem to say they don't care that much..whilst telling us they should stay.

Houses, stones, glass and all that.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 01:53 (Ref:3790394)   #100
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ah yes, the old "hot people use this product so you should too so you can get all the attention from the opposite sex" thing.

i don't make my product choices based on hot people, so maybe that's why i don't understand it all...
You may not, but research says most do.