Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Jan 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1207782)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arcade-cabinet Racing Games

What is the best cabinet game you've played? I haven't been to an arcade in years, but Manx TT was great, so was Club GTi, Sega Rally 2, Le Mans 24hr and Ferrari 355 Challenge with the 3 screens.

What was your favourite, and are there any new, good ones out?
Old 23 Jan 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1207787)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Havent played on one of those since the original Sega Rally and some nascar game on Daytona or something...
Oh my... must've been 6, 7, maybe even 8 years ago or something...
Old 23 Jan 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1207915)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sega Rally 2 and Daytona USA swallowed many a pound coin of mine!
Old 23 Jan 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1207918)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was a DTM game from the '90s era, that was very fun to play, but had very heavy sterring.
I played it when I was on a school trip in France.
I only played it twice, yet there was some other lot who thought they were cool, and were good at it.
Only because they kept rolling the coins in.

Also played on Sega Rally 2, Daytona, some Ferrari and a superbike game but I prefer the violent games.

Last edited by luke; 23 Jan 2005 at 15:01.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1207981)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The DTM game you are thinking of was called Sega Touring Car Championship and it was quite good. I spent many hours in the student union play Club GTi, Sega Rally and Sega Rally 2 and Indy 500.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1208003)   #6
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat*

I don't want to know how much I spent on that game.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1208011)   #7
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know it's really old, but I liked Hard' Drivin'. That really blocky 3D game (by Atari?). The Force Feedback was evil and it was so hard it was really satisfying when you got it right. I've gotta say it's the closest to driving a real road car that I've ever come across.

Last edited by Spudgun; 23 Jan 2005 at 17:40.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1208028)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember that it's horrible. Does anyone remember the classic's such as Out Run and Pole Positon. I have played Out Run 2 at that is one cool game.........
Old 23 Jan 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1208034)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, anyone remember the three screen Pole Position? Three 40" monitors slightly wraping around to provide that full pixel blocky racing experience

From a retro point Out Run has to be the classic, I've even got the remixes of the music on CD and play 'em in the car when I'm driving and I'm sure nobody will be watching. There's nothing like listening to Magical Sound Shower and shouting CHECKPOINT when going under bridges.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1208066)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 23 Jan 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1208093)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I remember a three-screener - TX1 I think it was called?? MEGA!! hmmm I wonder if I could fit it in my conservatory...
Old 23 Jan 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1208127)   #12
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only ones I have any experience with are Cruis'n USA/World and Indy 500. Only played the latter once or twice, though.
Old 23 Jan 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1208188)   #13
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was unbeatable on lemans 24hrs, hate to think how much money i put in it though. to think i moan at my mates for playing on gamblers.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1208363)   #14
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i remember a F1 game but not sure what it was called
only 1 track but choice of 2 cars
novice 5 gears
expert 7 gears
i remember going to the arcade after school and meeting Marcos Ambrose and see who would get the fastest lap and fastest race times.

also Daytona USA after a few drinks in the nightclub
Old 24 Jan 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1208403)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman71
i remember a F1 game but not sure what it was called
only 1 track but choice of 2 cars
novice 5 gears
expert 7 gears
i remember going to the arcade after school and meeting Marcos Ambrose and see who would get the fastest lap and fastest race times.

also Daytona USA after a few drinks in the nightclub
:wow: hehehe

Does anyone remember the futureistic F1 game with the swinging body that you sat in? with the most evil and insane catchup progamming ever - making the leader on the last lap a definate looser?
Old 24 Jan 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1208493)   #16
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
:wow: hehehe

Does anyone remember the futureistic F1 game with the swinging body that you sat in? with the most evil and insane catchup progamming ever - making the leader on the last lap a definate looser?
I remember something like that, but you sat in the front half of a Porsche 956 and when you went round a banked corner, the whole cabinet tilted with you.
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1208719)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was that Virtua Racer?

Magneton, please tell me you are joking!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1208746)   #18
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ChaseHQ was alway's my favourite, I still want to ram every white Lotus Esprit I see on the road.

Let's go Mr Driver!
Old 25 Jan 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1209216)   #19
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Was that Virtua Racer?

i think that is what it was called
Old 25 Jan 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1209255)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Hell no And just to prove it: http://www.royalridge.biz/outrun/mag...nd_arrange.mp3

Oh and they remixed this one with some serious bias to the bass at the start. Even on my normal car stereo it's possible to get the windows to move

I've got the original and at least one remix of each of the tracks:
Magical Sound Shower (Personal favourite)
Passing Breeze
Splash Wave
Last Wave - The music you got if you won.
Old 25 Jan 2005, 08:14 (Ref:1209260)   #21
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Ok, not strictly a racing game..... I ALWAYS wanted one of the sit in cabinet versions of Spy Hunter! (And yes, I've several mixes of the "Peter Gunn" theme that they used for that one too, my favourite is the one by Saliva, for the first PS/2 game, and yes, that has made it onto several of my driving CD compilations)
Old 25 Jan 2005, 09:11 (Ref:1209295)   #22
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Remixes of old computer games (i.e. retro music) is very much in fashion these days. For example, check out http://www.slayradio.com - Commodore 64 remixes
Old 25 Jan 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1209491)   #23
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Also try these:

http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=magical+sound
http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=outrun
Old 2 Feb 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1215590)   #24
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Original Sega Rally was stunning! I remember on a school trip to France and Belgium me and my mates played it on the ferry all the way across the channel! (and on the way back as well!)

Ferrari F355 Challenge is fantastic as well, the Dreamcast version wasn't bad either, though it had to make do with one screen!

Still love Outrun, play it all the time in the arcades on Shenmue II (dunno if anyone is familiar with that game...) The last arcade racer I played was Outrun 2, it was very good but inevitably couldn't quite live up to the original!
Old 2 Feb 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1215812)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Y
Remixes of old computer games (i.e. retro music) is very much in fashion these days. For example, check out http://www.slayradio.com - Commodore 64 remixes

All I get is "Nothing here yet".......