Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Nov 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3943330)   #61
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Actually.... No. Just to clarify again-
Yes I know all about the new age limits. I was assuming that the person posting about three month medicals was referring to someone who still fell into the category of needing a medical. My point was that the 3 month rule has always been there. If you wait more than three months between getting the medical and applying for the new license it's not valid.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3943331)   #62
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Yes I know all about the new age limits. I was assuming that the person posting about three month medicals was referring to someone who still fell into the category of needing a medical. My point was that the 3 month rule has always been there. If you wait more than three months between getting the medical and applying for the new license it's not valid.
Yes. The posters werenít explicit.....
Old 6 Dec 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3945229)   #63
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The efficiency of the renewal department is as good as always- I completed the application on line over the weekend, and licence arrived today.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3945233)   #64
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The efficiency of the renewal department is as good as always- I completed the application on line over the weekend, and licence arrived today.
Mine should arrive soon - I completed my application on Monday and I've had the email to say it's been sent for printing I've renewed my club membership too - incredibly organised!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3945243)   #65
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Mine should arrive soon - I completed my application on Monday and I've had the email to say it's been sent for printing I've renewed my club membership too - incredibly organised!
When you get your licence, let us know if a biro works on the signature panel. Mine’s got a gloss finish and you can’t write on it!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3945254)   #66
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Still can't work out why I only get the online option to renew a rally licence - which I haven't held for 15 years or more, rather than the race licence that I've had for the last 10 years......

I'll have to ring them up, I guess.......
Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3945258)   #67
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When you get your licence, let us know if a biro works on the signature panel. Mineís got a gloss finish and you canít write on it!
Mines gloss on the front and a satin finish on the back which took a biro well.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3945259)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Mines gloss on the front and a satin finish on the back which took a biro well.
Mine was waiting on the doormat when I got home - full gloss, biro doesn't work.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3945266)   #69
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mine was waiting on the doormat when I got home - full gloss, biro doesn't work.
Bingo! Something has gone wrong during the printing process.....

I’ve emailed to advise them, so will see what response I get next week.....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 6 Dec 2019 at 19:37.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3945399)   #70
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
When you get your licence, let us know if a biro works on the signature panel. Mineís got a gloss finish and you canít write on it!
My quil I still loaded with squid ink at present, will that work?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3945722)   #71
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
New licence on the way- apparently a batch of about 10 had a problem during the printing process.

Will be it become a collectors item like mis-printed stamps or banknotes?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3945728)   #72
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
New licence on the way- apparently a batch of about 10 had a problem during the printing process.

I'll drop them an email. Either that or just sign it with a Sharpie
Old Yesterday, 16:41 (Ref:3945953)   #73
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:

I've had a response - they'll send me a replacement if I send them a photo of my licence cut in half. Seems extreme!
Old Yesterday, 16:48 (Ref:3945956)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Send me a new one, or the licence gets it!
Old Yesterday, 16:51 (Ref:3945957)   #75
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Interesting! I didnít get that demand when I spoke to them.... As your photo is on the back and the licence canít be signed itís not a lot of use to anyone else.