Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Jul 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3277592)   #1
bigphilt
Rookie

United Kingdom
wirral
bigphilt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
modified live Oulton Park 20 July

Hi was wondering if anyone has a spare ticket for this meeting? I Marshal Oulton Park most weekends but want to spectate this meeting. I need a pair for it. Any help please? Pm if you can help
Old 14 Jul 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3277640)   #2
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphilt View Post
Hi was wondering if anyone has a spare ticket for this meeting? I Marshal Oulton Park most weekends but want to spectate this meeting. I need a pair for it. Any help please? Pm if you can help
Would love to help but going to Anglesey.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3277694)   #3
Gordon Knight
Racer

England
Monton, Eccles, Manchester
Gordon Knight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guest Ticket Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphilt View Post
How many times do we have to ask members not to tout for tickets to spectate.
It is an abuse of the guest ticket privilege. It is this type of thing that has already led
to OP management stopping us leaving tickets at the gate for marshals wishing to marshal. OP management do look at this forum and you can imagine their reaction when they see blatant abuse of privilege such as this.
Gordon Knight
Secretary
BMMC N.Region
Old 15 Jul 2013, 05:20 (Ref:3277786)   #4
bigphilt
Rookie

United Kingdom
wirral
bigphilt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my apologies

My apologies I haven't used 10 10ths for a while and didn't realise it was frowned upon us ask for a spare ticket to a meeting. I just thought that previously ive helped others out I could try as well
Old 15 Jul 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3277828)   #5
Gordon Knight
Racer

England
Monton, Eccles, Manchester
Gordon Knight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apology noted & accepted
Regards
Gordon
Old 15 Jul 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3277864)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If this meeting was modified to the extent that it isn't that daft drifting and lots of Burberry Hat wearing "Boyz" - and featured Racing Cars, Racing - then I might have gone!

(Said with tongue firmly in cheek! But seriously, this isn't for me!)
Old 15 Jul 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3277879)   #7
Startline Al
Racer

England
Kent
Startline Al should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable.

http://www.oultonpark.co.uk/media/21...p_20072013.pdf
Old 16 Jul 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3278400)   #8
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, where did the drifting disappear to
(well, the intentional drifting I mean, not what might happen during the public track time!)
Old 19 Jul 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3279512)   #9
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please let's not forget that Drifting and Time Attack are both types of Motorsport too, just like Autotests or Karting or F1 or Sprints. If people want to slag it off please do so elsewhere. If I don't like a genre I don't offend the thousands that may do.

Quite why Drifting and this particular event get to have posts that are detrimental whilst other genres don't (because it is frowned upon there) is beyond me. I am neither 20 years old or like burberry but I love fast cars that have been tuned with hours of dedication. I am also a Marshal that loves circuit racing and can quite accept the need for Modified Live.

If you don't like it, start a separate post to say so and the discussion can quite happily go there.

I only rant because every year a thread is started about a Modified meeting and those that aren't interested have to tell us how "awful" it is. Don't post unless it is relevant.

Elliot.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3279513)   #10
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
And yes Mark I did see the disclaimer.

Old 19 Jul 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3279532)   #11
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_08 View Post
If you don't like it, start a separate post to say so and the discussion can quite happily go there.

I only rant because every year a thread is started about a Modified meeting and those that aren't interested have to tell us how "awful" it is. Don't post unless it is relevant.

Elliot.
Well said.
Simply put, if you don't like a particular class/style of event, don't go to it!
I don't particular enjoy the classic/old stuff , so I've only done the Gold Cup once, but I don't come on tenths every year and start saying "why is all this slow old rubbish getting a whole weekend"

I was fortunate to be at the bottom of Cascades during the drifting in 2011, and the car control was amazing!
Old 19 Jul 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3279542)   #12
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
That's it mate yeah. Like I say, I'm not having a go at Mark personally, his remark was by his own admission throw away and he is not interested.

As daft as it sounds, I am defending it from a Marshalling/interesting point of view and I cannot make it. But the point I am making is that I do like it and I am a Marshal.

If you do not like a particular strain of motorsport then do not vent your dislike in these helpful threads. Save that for Jaguarbmwdriver.com (joking )

OR better still ... start a thread about why you do not like a series.

I know a few good people who do not like the BTCC. Funny that they will spend hours slagging it off in a BTCC-happy thread. Start a new one!

Elliot.
Old 20 Jul 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3279601)   #13
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't understand why people find it necessary to tell others what and where they should post. If you don't like a comment you can always ignore it....a bit like I ignore meetings featuring drifting and most modern single-seater racing .

But this thread was actually about blagging tickets so I guess all the last 8 posts including this were off-topic anyway .

Steve
Old 21 Jul 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3279911)   #14
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting day yesterday, with a lot of people doing roles that they were not too familiar with but very well

Good racing and any incidents dealt with quickly and efficently, Clerks were impressed with the numbers of marshals present,

For those who missed the drifting, some of the time attack sessions had one car (BMW) giving some very impressive demonstrations hopefully some of that will be on the web
Old 21 Jul 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3279923)   #15
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
drewchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most definitely interesting! Sign on was a little different, "Green badge? PC/IO please, White badge? One days flag experience? Collect flags and SC board and head to Lodge out. Thank you".
Certainly a great way to add a flag signature watching left right and centre while Time Attack and public track sessions kept us all occupied. Time Attack cars on a hot lap with lights on were a great help for us novices to try and get the blue flags right.
I don't think the drifting BMW was a favourite with the Clerk though, didn't reappear for the last session!

Andy Ringrose
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3279936)   #16
Startline Al
Racer

England
Kent
Startline Al should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to thank all the Marshals that, as always did a terrific job.
It was great to see the posts well manned, thanks for that, you really are a great bunch of guys and girls.
And yes, the BMW went home..
Al.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3279940)   #17
F1Stuie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
F1Stuie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Andy, I only had a days flagging experience and was told to collect flags and SC board and head towards Druid and to be quite honest, it was an interesting day, took me a bit to find my feet with the flags but by the afternoon I thought I was doing well and reacting quicker, especially with the blues which has built up my confidence a lot more for future events. Would I do it again next year? Probably, wasn't entirely my cup of tea, but it was a different perspective of Motorsport and like I said before, I did find it interesting.

As for car No 111, he was a bit of entertainment, however every time he came drifting round druids he ended up slowing up so he got shown the blues at him as other people behind were on hot laps. Lol.

Stuart.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3280002)   #18
Tom Bee
Racer

United Kingdom
Knickerbrook
Tom Bee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMW was entertaining to watch but I wasnt impressed when he came drifting round Cascades through 2 yellow flags whilst Marshals were on the track at Lakeside.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3280612)   #19
hayesy P
Rookie

hayesy P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thoroughly enjoyable day, a different side to Motorsport but well worth going, and the added advantage of the two F1 cars, what a sound roaring round Oulton. Watching the time attack full pelt over the top of clay hill into water tower some very impressive car control and some really interesting quick cars