Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3425800)   #326
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very glad to hear this and looking forward to seeing you at Silverstone some time soon.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3426333)   #327
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just as well Chris (Mr Woolley) knows me better than I know myself - when you think I'd asked for this thread to be closed down!!!

To Mike and Joyce: Always remain positive. I was lucky to find mine the first time around and to have the "oomph" to go to the doctor to be checked out - but that was the lump in my ex-right-boob. They're not all so easy to spot as that. The second time was at the routine check-up, so always go to them and take whatever scans they offer you.

I still have bad days, even though all my treatment has finished (6 weeks ago since they re-tried and stopped the Herceptin). It takes time to get it out of your system (2+? years for chemo and I've never got on with the H). All I then do is go to bed/lie on the settee and let Bill get on with his things while I sort myself out until I feel better.

I think that's the main message (especially for Joyce's friend): don't rush things just because there's no more chemo. It all takes time. And keep drinking the volumes of water, although you then have to know where every "little girls' room" is wherever you go, and never stray too far from one!

And, on a more disappointing note, I think the curls are going. I knew I shouldn't have washed my hair! Hey Ho: they have been nice while there. I'll probably go grey again now!

(Delay in replying was yet another bad day spent in bed on Tuesday. Much better today but getting tired easily. May it all pass soon - I was fine during the cruise, but that was nearly 4 months after the previous treatment - so I have hope that things will only get better as time goes by.)
Old 5 Jul 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3430471)   #328
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've now had the paperwork through and Poorly PieLady is about to become a pensioner if all goes to plan!

It won't be much but I decided that the bird in the hand is worth more than......

So, despite only being 50, I will be able to say "I'm only a poor pensioner" to all of you - even those older than me!! What joy that will be!
Old 5 Jul 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3430475)   #329
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the old farts society Shelagh had my yearly scan the other day getting results on my birthday late July& went to vampire's clinic ( pathology) yesterday again, you learn never to take things for granted but always keep smiling .
Old 5 Jul 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3430479)   #330
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
The one good thing about the Hickman Line was NO NEEDLES - in and out through it! Having to then go through Nurse Vampire, not only for bloods but also the cannula, was more than I thought I could bear!

And, how right you are, if you don't keep smiling then...... As they're in the news: how did Monty Python put it: "Always look on the bright side of life".

All the best for you.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3430501)   #331
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Shelagh for all who been there and got the battle scar's always and I mean ALWAYS "look on the bright side and keep smiling" besides it sends every one insane trying workout why your still smiling.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3430505)   #332
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
So, despite only being 50, I will be able to say "I'm only a poor pensioner" to all of you - even those older than me!! What joy that will be!
Retiring at 50 is good. I know, I did it!