Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:00 (Ref:2014790)   #1
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Richards in Helicopter crash, but OK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/6997784.stm

blimey..bad weekend or what?
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2014794)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Thank goodness they are safe.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:07 (Ref:2014795)   #3
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jeez, that had my heart racing for a moment or 2. A lucky escape there, ironically just after Colin's death
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2014799)   #4
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm at a loss for words
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2014808)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just happy he's Ok, I wonder if the sky is so crowded these days that some many crashes are taking notice, or there's something wrong with all those machines, or even something else.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2014811)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It almost feels like a sick joke.

Thank god all are safe.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:28 (Ref:2014812)   #7
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Jeez, that had my heart racing for a moment or 2. A lucky escape there, ironically just after Colin's death
same here. that was my thought...
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2014816)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It almost feels like a sick joke.

Thank god all are safe.

I know exactly what you mean. Just weird?
Old 16 Sep 2007, 17:50 (Ref:2014832)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Too wierd for words.

But at least they're OK.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:21 (Ref:2014857)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62488

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Richards
Because of what happened with Colin yesterday, we didn't want to stay at Spa, wanted to come back home early
Wow, what a twist of fate that was/could've been
Old 16 Sep 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2014880)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Jeez, this is too wierd...

Glad to hear they are ok.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2014913)   #12
hometune
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
hometune should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Borough 19 MC were running a sprint at North weald today. The airfield tenders all raced off and some people saw the helicopter go down behind some trees but no one would have guessed it was Dave Richards.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2014943)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
What a dreadful coincidence.

I'm glad Mr and Mrs Richards are unscathed.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2014945)   #14
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes can confirm that I was C o C and looking up as we were getting to the end of the meeting when I saw this helicopter heading straight towards us. It then appeared to land very qyuickly in the field on the opposite side of the road. Had no idea who it was but agree fantastic news all were OK if a little shaken. All drivers held a 1 minute reflection for LL Those involved in Colins accident

RIP to them all especially the 2 children.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2014947)   #15
STEVED
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone
STEVED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We were there and watched it go down, It seemed to just drop from the sky.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 20:24 (Ref:2014950)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
A very frightening coincidence - glad to hear that the two of them escaped unscathed.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 Sep 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2014997)   #17
Kyle Tilley
Rookie

Kyle Tilley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Richards Helicopter Crash

Isn't this a bit too coincidental?

"The Subaru Prodrive rally team chief Dave Richards and his wife survived unhurt when their helicopter crash-landed in Essex, just a day after Richards' friend Colin McRae, the former world rally champion, was killed in a helicopter crash in Scotland.
Police said Richards and his wife "walked out of the wreckage" near North Weald Airfield and were treated for shock by paramedics, according to a report on the BBC website.
Richards is chief executive of Prodrive which runs the Subaru world rally team and was in charge when McRae won his world rally title.
Richards and his wife were returning to their home at Banbury, Oxfordshire, after attending the Belgian Formula One Grand Prix.
He had earlier led the tributes to McRae who was killed, along with his son Johnny and two other people, when his helicopter crashed yesterday near his home in Lanarkshire."

Sorry if this is a repost and if im not allowed to take from other sites.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 21:33 (Ref:2015009)   #18
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think if i owned a helicopter right now i would be checking every nut and bolt and going over the thing with a fine tooth comb, good to here there ok though.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 07:55 (Ref:2015325)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Probably like a lot of posters on 10/10th I have flown a single engined monoplane in perfect conditions under instruction. However I know a helicopter is a whole different ballgame taking a lot more skill and are not so forgiving when things go wrong. I know a professional helicopter pilot of some 35 years who said that the worst scenario is bad visibility, as unless you are instrument rated and you haven't any ground reference you don't even know what angle you are flying at ! I think that's what happened to Steve Hislop a few years back. Obviously I don't know what happened to Colin but one things for sure I don't expect he panicked. A helicopter will land by auto rotation if the engine packs up (again in perfect conditions) but its going to be difficult to choose where you are going to land. If you are over woodland you don't stand a lot of chance !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Sep 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2015602)   #20
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
North Weald Helicopter Crash

VERY SPOOKY
http://www.wansteadandwoodfordguardi...pter_crash.php
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:14 (Ref:2015806)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I helicopters are not at all safe not compared with fixed wing aircraft, barely a week goes by without some military or civil copter crash its just that we cannot do without them now and if that was not the case I am sure Health & Safety issues would have grounded the lot.

Quote:
I do not think helecopters are not at all safe not compared with fixed wing aircraft, barely a week goes by without some military or civil copter crash its just that we cannot do without them now and if that was not the case I am sure Health & Safety issues would have grounded the lot.
This was a transmission failure and if to the rear rotor would not allow autogyration.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 17 Sep 2007 at 15:19.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 20:09 (Ref:2016128)   #22
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I echo what Gordon said. I have flown an ex-WW2 fighter and it is relatively easy. A chopper is another ball game. One of the 2 litre Monoposto guys is an ex RN helicopter pilot - he told me about some of the conditions he flew in.
Big respect to him and anyone else in the services.

My thoughts are with McCrae's family. He is a great loss to motorsport.
very lucky DR survived; He has someone lookign after him.

RIP Colin
Old 17 Sep 2007, 20:36 (Ref:2016159)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Creepy.