Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Feb 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2638108)   #26
205dave
Rookie

England
lydd kent
205dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cheers Dave, I hear that you and Richard ran impressive times at BH yesterday! I have a long way to go...
I was well pleased with my time, But Richard just jumped in my car put in about 8 or 10 laps and put in a 53.8. The tires had done at least 5 meetings last year and he could only just reach the pedals.

Well impressed

I also have a long way to go. At least i know the pace is in the car though

Last edited by Tim Falce; 22 Feb 2010 at 09:16. Reason: quote marks
Old 22 Feb 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2638111)   #27
205dave
Rookie

England
lydd kent
205dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely for a first come first servred system to work fairly everybody should get the entry forms at the same time. Currently if you were not checking Rods site on a daliy basis you could be a few days behind and have no chance of getting at the front of the que. The entry forms are still not on the Barc website and still no email letting everybody know they are out.

Just My thoughts

Fortunatly I have been checking rods site everyday from christmas waiting for the forms to be realesed.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2638118)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Or to really confuse things they could do what the MGCC and 750 club do which is a one page entry for every race of the year with card payment facility on it. If you don't want to do a race you cancel and money is either not taken or refunded if you cancel after the closing date. This might suit Eric
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2638245)   #29
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205dave View Post
I was well pleased with my time, But Richard just jumped in my car put in about 8 or 10 laps and put in a 53.8. The tires had done at least 5 meetings last year and he could only just reach the pedals.

Well impressed

I also have a long way to go. At least i know the pace is in the car though
Well done to you both
Old 22 Feb 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2638542)   #30
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly because BARC SE aren't able to have the facilities to take card payments themselves the 750mc method wouldn't be possible, but as usual at the start of the season the gossip is flowing and the suggesting of how to do things better are flying around...its a shame when we're asking for help people suddenly bury their heads in the woodwork.

Anyway as Graham and Nick have said, its just the standard acknowledgement that you get.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2638907)   #31
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant View Post
Jon Bryant - Photographer - Absolutely everywhere you wish I wasn't

Can't wait
but fellow Southerner, don't you want to be at Wembley that day....?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2638960)   #32
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
Sadly because BARC SE aren't able to have the facilities to take card payments themselves the 750mc method wouldn't be possible, but as usual at the start of the season the gossip is flowing and the suggesting of how to do things better are flying around...its a shame when we're asking for help people suddenly bury their heads in the woodwork.

Anyway as Graham and Nick have said, its just the standard acknowledgement that you get.
Am i not right in thinking that BARC se had the ability to accept credit cards?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2639045)   #33
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BARC SE used to be able take the details of cards, they were then passed to HQ for processing, but due to the data protection issues surrrounding thing HQ ceased offering this service and drivers wishing to pay by card have to now do so through the online entry system.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2639085)   #34
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
BARC SE used to be able take the details of cards, they were then passed to HQ for processing, but due to the data protection issues surrrounding thing HQ ceased offering this service and drivers wishing to pay by card have to now do so through the online entry system.
Have we got an online entry thingy.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 23 Feb 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2639284)   #35
kbird
Rookie

kbird should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you there Alex - Kevin Bird SEAT Leon Class B
Old 23 Feb 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2639343)   #36
Rovcoup
Racer

England
Worthing,west sussex
Rovcoup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of the barc se championships are on the online system yet for some reason.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2639862)   #37
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The cheque for my entry into the 1st round went through my account today so I guess I'm in.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2639922)   #38
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbird View Post
See you there Alex - Kevin Bird SEAT Leon Class B
Good to see you back with the series Kevin
Old 25 Feb 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2640112)   #39
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joss Ronchetti View Post
Hi guys I received aknowledgement of my entries for the 1st 3 rounds of the championship, but, and heres the bit I don't get, they are not guarenteed entries into the race yet???
I am registered for the championship and sent in my entries for the first 3 rounds as soon as enteries open and thought I am sure of a place as you have received it well before you are full???
I understand towards the end of the season that guys who have done more rounds would get preference if the entries arrived on the same day, but at the start of the season surely 1st come, 1st served or am I missing something here??
In all my years racing I have never heard of such a thing??
Do you have an elite 'jury' to decide who they fancy racing?
I must surely have it wrong and misunderstood??
Please put my mind at rest guys it surely does not mean that??
If you send post dated cheques the entry is only good when they are able to bank the cheque, try sending all the money on in date cheques that should work. I am in car 87 Nova 1598cc 16v Class E
Old 25 Feb 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2640185)   #40
kbird
Rookie

kbird should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant View Post
Good to see you back with the series Kevin
Thanks Jon!
Old 28 Feb 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2642150)   #41
# 3
Rookie

# 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my entry in the post yesterday. Spent the last 14 days renewing the entire fuel system and also the exhaust as it was far too noisy; fired it up today and it sounds like a road car - result!
Old 28 Feb 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2642156)   #42
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Still rebuilding my Fiesta engine,will wait and see if it all goes together ok,should have all the bits early next week and will send in my entry then, more than likely a reserve now anyway.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 28 Feb 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2642294)   #43
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are lots of other series which your car could run in on the same day Eric? Is it too developed for tintops or ttrs? Or even that track day trophy thing.
All money i know but least it means you would get to race

Simon
Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2642708)   #44
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Just collected my missing con rod, should all go back together today with any luck.
Just had a e mail from Rod saying there is still space in the tin tops, may go for that instead unless there is room in the dmn race!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2643302)   #45
# 3
Rookie

# 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any reason that BARC SEC couldn't start a thread like this for each of the 9 DMN races, listing the Entries received in the date they are received?

Surely this would be the simplest way of drivers knowing that their entry has been safely received and that all their hard work and money isn't going in vain.

It would also encourage prompt entries as each driver can visually see the list increasing in numbers.

It would only take somebody a minute or two per day to administer.

With the current system it seems that there is no way of knowing if your entry has been lost in the post, until after the closing date when it's too late!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2643325)   #46
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Yes that would help me get my entry in on time, definately.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2643338)   #47
Chris_w
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent
Chris_w should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
Yes that would help me get my entry in on time, definately.
A bit biased towards those who use the forum though? I got a reminder email from Cheryl this morning (as I assume everyone on email did) which seems fair to me.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 00:35 (Ref:2643718)   #48
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Ashley we usually always have a thread for each of our rounds, but this forum is not an official channel of communication and will never be used as such. Those members of the committee that choose to post here do of their own choice and out of courtesy to the drivers.

You know your entry has been received when Howard has acknowledged it either by email, telephone or post, which he does as soon as it lands on his door mat. Entries have never been accepted until the closing date in the past, only receipt has been acknowledged.

We cannot publish entry lists until the closing date at the earliest, especially if we have meetings that are over subscribed and may have to use the selection process set out in the championship regulations. Once the closing date has passed and we are able to post the entry lists we usually do so on the BARC and Rod's websites.

You will continue to receive chase emails the week before the closing date for a meeting if you have not already entered for that meeting. The ones for the first round were sent yesterday as Chris advised. This is something I do out of courtesy to remind you guys to get your entries in on time. It is not something that I have to do as it is not the clubs responsibility to remind you to enter, it is down to each and every single driver to ensure that he/she gets their entries in on time. Remember if you do not get your entry in before the closing date you run the risk of being a reserve if we are oversubscribed.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2644071)   #49
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
To add to what Chezza says we also don't want ten tenths flooded with race organisers setting up threads just to get people to do what they should be doing on their own.
There is the other point that a lot of organisers are not paid for what they do and chasing people up is just another added burden they don't need. The DMN series is probably one of the most popular series in the country and we all are well aware of the fact so there isn't really any grounds to whinge if you don't get a race because you can't be arsed to send a form in early.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 05:27 (Ref:2644579)   #50
Stratton Mackay
Rookie

Stratton Mackay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little off subject i know, but does anyone know what is also running on the sunday aswell as us in the DMN. Had a look on BARC website, dont know where else to look and have a few people asking?? Thanks