Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Sep 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3570958)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian HQ Title

Sounds like a debacle, no winner or results announced, cars impounded and race winning car taken back to Melbourne for inspection!

Interesting times, what would Ted Bullpit say!
Old 3 Sep 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3570965)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I ran 2 different cars at times in the HQs and I have to be a little careful what I say here.

I bought a car from a previous championship winner... And unluckily only got 9 laps of testing out of it before pressure relief spring went and ****ed all the oil out.

While rebuilding I found at least 4 things which were blatantly against the regulations, on the outset. Hand polished internals, manifold coating cunningly hidden... Heads machined outside out of allowable limits.

Or I should say against the publicly available limits. Some things are documented differently for the engine sealers...

I eventually left the class, because if you actually play by the rules you literally get left behind, and if you play the game as the other people were playing it, you could be running a V8 for the same money. The really fast cars sounded significantly different to most cars, and I clearly remember one day where the really fast guys had an off-day, and cars sounded a bit off... Guess what, "surprise" inspection after the race...

I did though find some tricks of my own... There are rules that exist now because I exploited things that were not yet banned...

This was a long time ago, but I suspect it has never gotten any better.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3572426)   #3
Fox 42
Rookie

Fox 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The winner of the National Title had his car deeply checked.
Heads, Valves, manifold, Carby, Camshaft. All Came back legal.

The runner up car had issues with 1 component, but is currently under apeall.

Its not a bad entry level class. A few doggy apples from time to time, but what class doesnt have those issues.