Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Aug 2019, 23:52 (Ref:3922357)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Tread lightly! We are one step from discussing the demographics of Belgium!

Richard
What else do we have to do for the summer break? The forum may need to follow their lead and shut down for a couple weeks as well or it will go sideways quickly.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3922404)   #52
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gasly replaced by Albon from
Belgium on.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3922405)   #53
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So they've got a Brit and a Belgian now?
Old 12 Aug 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3922407)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Belgium on.
Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Aug 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3922408)   #55
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure about this. Gasly was very good least year, but obviously struggling this year in the main team. But putting a rookie into the seat is not an ideal solution.

If Verstappen (who is on fire right now) convincingly beats Albon (which he should), then what are Red Bull going to do next? They will then have a choice of three already rejected drivers on their books.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3922409)   #56
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I didn't think that anything was supposed to be happening in F1 at the moment? I thought it was an enforced shut down, or is that just on the engineering side?
Old 12 Aug 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3922410)   #57
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I'm not sure about this. Gasly was very good least year, but obviously struggling this year in the main team. But putting a rookie into the seat is not an ideal solution.

If Verstappen (who is on fire right now) convincingly beats Albon (which he should), then what are Red Bull going to do next? They will then have a choice of three already rejected drivers on their books.
they expect Max to beat Albon, they also expect Albon to stay closer to Max than Gasly did(since Gasly was lapped by Max on more than 1 occasion and even struggled to overtake midfield cars)
Old 12 Aug 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3922412)   #58
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I have a friend who works at RedBull and he’s saying Albon is there right now having a seat fitting.

2001/1 on William hill to win at Spa. Worth a fiver
Who else listened to me here and got good odds?

Odds of him beating max is slim but glad I put £5 on Albon to win GP at 2001/1

And £5 of him being on the podium at 600/1
Old 12 Aug 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3922413)   #59
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote from the article...

Quote:
Red Bull are in the unique position of having four talented Formula One drivers under contract who can be rotated between the Team and Toro Rosso. The Team will use the next nine races to evaluate Alex’s performance in order to make an informed decision as to who will drive alongside Max in 2020.
I fully believe what is stated above. That they are putting him in the car, but at this moment there is no guarantee he will be in the car in 2021. If he does poorly, maybe even Gasly goes back in to close out 2019!

I can't remember the number, but I think the teams have a finite number of driver substitutions that can be made within a given season. I wonder if they had more flexibility with this, that they might have split the final races between Albon and Kvyat as a shootout for the 2020 seat.

Richard
Old 12 Aug 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3922417)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's face it, Gasly has been poor. Maybe the car wasn't to his liking, I don't know. But bearing in mind that the whole team is inevitably focussed on Max, it's a roll of the dice I'd have taken.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3922431)   #61
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I didn't think that anything was supposed to be happening in F1 at the moment? I thought it was an enforced shut down, or is that just on the engineering side?

Great point. FIA should cancel the move and penalize RBR managers for working mid-break
Old 12 Aug 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3922432)   #62
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Belgium on.

Poor Jacques Villeneuve just found out that he won't be getting a seat at RBR for the rest of 2019 season after all.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3922433)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
unbullievable!

i suppose them making a change doesnt surprise me as much as the order of promotion does.

I guess this is their version of the Merc free pit stop. One way or another they feel like they are squarely in third in the constructors with no risk of dropping to fourth so why not take a chance?

Driver evaluation with 9 races left though.... Gasly must have ****ed Marko off.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3922439)   #64
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
unbullievable!

Driver evaluation with 9 races left though.... Gasly must have ****ed Marko off.

It's very simple: Max has 181 points, Gasly has 63(just 5 points ahead of Sainz), Max has finished all races top 5 (even after beeing punted off by Vettel) and scored 5 podiums 2 of wich were wins , Gasly's best finish was 4th(because Vettel had punted of Max at Silverstone) and also Gasly has already been lapped 3 times by Max in the races and had the most damage of all drivers so far.

If Gasly had done better Red Bull would probably be ahead of Ferrari in the constructors championship now.

Last edited by steve nielsen; 12 Aug 2019 at 14:18.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3922441)   #65
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As much as the Red Bull management drama makes you wonder, it is a move that actually makes sense when taking Marko out of it. They are fairly safe in the position in the WCC at the moment but the second driver isn't making the most of the car relative the other driver. The big error would be if this crushes Gasly and Albon can't handle the run with the "big team." They have to evaluate drivers and on track testing is almost nil in modern F1, they have to use this time wisely and think many teams would love to have this option available to them.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3922443)   #66
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will it be disruptive for Max's home race?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...iver-bombshell
Old 12 Aug 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3922446)   #67
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
always been curious myself...but i would think the week after Germany/last race the teams need to transport everything back to the factory and break it down and then a week before Spa they are back on the move again.

so effectively its just a two week break starting this Monday morning perhaps?

but either way, the drivers will no doubt still be training and, as karting said, they already got the seat fitting out of the way.

i would be curious to know if your friend had said anything about a Kvyat seat fitting as well.

and a side question...had RBR nominated a reserve driver earlier in the year? i thought it may have been Buemi?
Old 12 Aug 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3922448)   #68
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
If Gasly had done better Red Bull would probably be ahead of Ferrari in the constructors championship now.
no doubt no doubt...but also a problem exacerbated by the reliability of the Honda engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

cant read the article myself, but there will be a lot of media attention on Albon so perhaps that will give Max some cover.

but i doubt that...the media will be going nuts after every team member and RBR will generate the most amount of attention and publicity as a result and on some level i imagine them being very happy about this.

this is the kind of disruption they (as a brand) desire.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3922452)   #69
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Belgium? Home race? He is Dutch
Old 12 Aug 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3922453)   #70
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
no doubt no doubt...but also a problem exacerbated by the reliability of the Honda engine?

I repeat: Max has finished ALL RACES, Gasly only had technical issues in Azerbeijan(not engine related) and the only other DNF he had was his crash in Germany.

so, no, nothing to do with Honda.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3922454)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
always been curious myself...but i would think the week after Germany/last race the teams need to transport everything back to the factory and break it down and then a week before Spa they are back on the move again.
I can't find a document that defines how the summer break works. I did find this older article that talks a bit about it. It sounds like some minor stuff can take place. To be honest, I was surprised that a seat fitting can be done during the break...

https://f1i.com/magazine/67380-expla...mer-break.html

Quote:
and a side question...had RBR nominated a reserve driver earlier in the year? i thought it may have been Buemi?
I have a broad curiosity as to what "reserve driver" means these days. It is a label that fits a specific regulation or is it more of a political/marketing thing at this point. My point is that it seem that when teams swap out drivers mid-season, that for whatever reason, whoever is their official "reserve driver" does not always get the call up. It seem to me to be more of a "status symbol" more than anything, but doesn't guarantee you will get called up when an opportunity presents itself.

When I look at the sporting regulations, it talks about how many drivers a team can use during a season (four) but doesn't categorize them (i.e. reserve driver). So RBR will have used three of their four going into the second half of the season (Max, Gasly and Albon).

Richard
Old 12 Aug 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3922455)   #72
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
his mom is Belgian, but the same can be said for Lance Stroll
Old 12 Aug 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3922460)   #73
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Welcome to page 1 of this thread! I say when the topic of his nationality dies down. And we want to derail the discussion again. Just post... "Isn't Max Belgian and not Dutch? He was born in Belgium!"

Richard
Old 12 Aug 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3922461)   #74
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Welcome to page 1 of this thread! I say when the topic of his nationality dies down. And we want to derail the discussion again. Just post... "Isn't Max Belgian and not Dutch? He was born in Belgium!"

Richard
Old 12 Aug 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3922464)   #75
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Welcome to page 1 of this thread!
Marker in to bring up nationality again in page 10.