Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Feb 2022, 23:03 (Ref:4099553)   #51
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to admit, the race has been a lot better than the early laps indicated.

I have a feeling it's going to get wild before too long.

Edit - This is intense. I'm hardly breathing.

Last edited by rustyfan; 20 Feb 2022 at 23:11.
Old 20 Feb 2022, 23:41 (Ref:4099557)   #52
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brad K is having a "Logano Evening".
Old 20 Feb 2022, 23:48 (Ref:4099558)   #53
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
I'm amazed they got to the line. Congrats to Cindric, that was intense.

Great race.
Old 20 Feb 2022, 23:48 (Ref:4099559)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He he.

Happy birthday Captain.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 01:59 (Ref:4099568)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad to see someone not named Busch or Logano win it.

Cindric! Congrats to him.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 20:41 (Ref:4099790)   #56
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is up with Nascar using 18 inch wheels and single nuts?
Losing a wheel/ tyre on track in the Daytona 500
https://youtu.be/tk2atBM89Vs

They might get a pair of large guys with large mechanical torque wrenches to check the wheel nut torque after the tyre change (for the first season of single nut). If every team is made to do it the teams' pit stops will be about the same time.

Gendore does a 3000Nm mechanical torque wrench. That is formula one nut torque spec? Dremometer F
https://us.gedore.com/en/products/ou.../torque-tools/

Last edited by GHOGH; 22 Feb 2022 at 20:56.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 21:37 (Ref:4099796)   #57
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not something new and literally the same components used by other series. If you're going to argue something failed at least bring some actual information to back up your questions. Just because teams don't know what they are doing, and frankly about 15 Cup teams should just be taken out back and buried, does not make a component and system other series use invalid.

In fact you will likely see that team hit even harder than the 4 race ban for the crew chief after nascar investigates the wheel stud. There is a detent and if the wheel is properly seated the wheel is retained even without the nut, it just wobbles as happened EVERY week with the 5 lug. In order for the wheel to come off the detent either was not engaged and thus a terminable offense for the wheel guy or the stud was modified and the offending party should be banned. Everyone else can make it work but once this 500 and all the sudden it is a defect with 1 lug?? Yeah, I call BS there big time

Last edited by broadrun96; 22 Feb 2022 at 21:43.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4099841)   #58
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's not something new and literally the same components used by other series. If you're going to argue something failed at least bring some actual information to back up your questions. Just because teams don't know what they are doing, and frankly about 15 Cup teams should just be taken out back and buried, does not make a component and system other series use invalid.

In fact you will likely see that team hit even harder than the 4 race ban for the crew chief after nascar investigates the wheel stud. There is a detent and if the wheel is properly seated the wheel is retained even without the nut, it just wobbles as happened EVERY week with the 5 lug. In order for the wheel to come off the detent either was not engaged and thus a terminable offense for the wheel guy or the stud was modified and the offending party should be banned. Everyone else can make it work but once this 500 and all the sudden it is a defect with 1 lug?? Yeah, I call BS there big time
100% agreed.

Overall I like the look of the new wheels - I guess I somewhat feared it would look quite janky, but seeing the cars out on track, at speed, it looked good.

Looking forward to seeing how the cars perform at Fontana.
Old 24 Feb 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4100127)   #59
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Only just watched the whole shebang as I had the lurgy so couldn't stay awake. New car made for a good show in my book. Ran well together, sounded good and looked fairly even performance wise amongst most of the teams. I'm not convinced by the one wheel nut in NASCAR or anywhere to he honest but guess I'm a grumpy old git set in my ways. I think the bigger wheel looks cool, especially the shiny ones like on Loganos car. I like old cars with chrome so that's probably why.

Brad Kesolowski (WHO?) gets my inaugural Joey Logano Award for driving like an ass. Honestly, what's Harrison Burton ever done to him? If HB chooses to get even like Carl Edwards did then Brad better grow an eye in the back of his head.

Well impressed with Austin Cindric. I thought he was massively improved in xfinity last year, but he was absolutely on it first time out definitely a star in the making

Read the TV figures were good, about 40% higher than NBA the same day. In shock horror NASCAR is mostly watched by old white blokes; need to do something to get young 'uns interested before we all become extinct...
Old 24 Feb 2022, 23:34 (Ref:4100161)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Brad Kesolowski (WHO?) gets my inaugural Joey Logano Award for driving like an ass. Honestly, what's Harrison Burton ever done to him? If HB chooses to get even like Carl Edwards did then Brad better grow an eye in the back of his head.

Well impressed with Austin Cindric. I thought he was massively improved in xfinity last year, but he was absolutely on it first time out definitely a star in the making

Read the TV figures were good, about 40% higher than NBA the same day. In shock horror NASCAR is mostly watched by old white blokes; need to do something to get young 'uns interested before we all become extinct...
He's the 2012 Cup champ, co-owner of the Roush Fenway effort now called RFK Racing. Recommend watching Harrison Burton drive, he was a bit of an idiot more than a few times this week.

Cindric has had the best equipment all the way through and can't stand him personally but he's not alone there. It seems to be common with up and coming Cup kids, Logano mold has taken over.

TV numbers were good and better than any other US racing but decently down from the last in proper time race of 2019, about half million but 7.8 is a year worth of IMSA viewers in one race.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4100190)   #61
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Ah, sorry, the "Brad Keselowski (WHO?)" was me being sarcastic and repeating something from a Kyle Busch interview years ago.

I actually like the guy a lot, but wish he and Logano in particular would stop thinking that Daytona and Talledega are the bumper cars at a fair ground.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4100232)   #62
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That's the Ford way though, see their speed in the race vs quali. They have to run that way and if not well they're done

Not anti-Ford, anti-Ford douchebag but feel the same about GM or Mopar only dbags, but it's the way the teams are run and the cars need to run. And it appears Ford has FAR more control over their drivers and demanding the support across teams, Chevy is a bit Hendrick and then the rest when it comes to playing along.
Old 27 Feb 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4100558)   #63
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What the hell is this? It looks like theres about 10 cars on track? Thought it was meant to be closer racing?
Old 27 Feb 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4100560)   #64
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
The more I see of the new car, the more I like it. Looks like there's a degree of unpredictability that has been brought back. Reminds me of the 90's.
Old 28 Feb 2022, 00:24 (Ref:4100578)   #65
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Great race, congrats to Larson.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 01:47 (Ref:4100704)   #66
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was fun.

People still getting into the car…
Old 7 Mar 2022, 02:18 (Ref:4101448)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I quite liked this one too.

New car seems OK.

Poor Hamlin though, the sequential shift got the better of him.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 19:15 (Ref:4101654)   #68
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, I'm enjoying the racing so far.

Cars do seem closer and talent seems to be shining through.

Erik Jones is impressing me like he did in his rookie year as Truex's teammate. Been off the boil since then but looking hot now. Chastain is going great guns too.
Old 9 Mar 2022, 17:38 (Ref:4101819)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Do we still know Tarso Marques?
The Brazilian will drive 8 Cup races.
Old 11 Mar 2022, 08:16 (Ref:4102064)   #70
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I read that article, thought "yeah, I remember him!" then reckoned up he was in a back marker F1 team 10 years ago. Then I read the article fully and found out it was 21 years ago! Stuff like this makes me feel old!

I've absolutely no idea how he'll run; I've only ever known him run single seaters, and guys who run well in single seat and tin tops are not particularly numerous.
Old 11 Mar 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4102082)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I reckon he’ll do as well as Villeneuve did!
Old 14 Mar 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4102398)   #72
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Good to see SHR back from last year's slump and Briscoe chalk up his first win.

Chastain was real close again... I see him in Victory Lane sooner rather than later.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 20:55 (Ref:4102822)   #73
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
I had completely forgotten about the changes made to Atlanta.

From Autosport: "The banking of its turns have been increased from 24 degrees to 28 degrees and the track has been narrowed from 55-feet wide to 40-feet wide – all covered in fresh asphalt."

With the new car thrown into the mix I'm really looking forward to the race.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 00:51 (Ref:4102843)   #74
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, Atlanta needed something but I'm not sure this was it. It was on its way to being a plate track not too long ago, it was as fast as Talladega at times. I think the jerking it around the calendar didn't help much and COLD track temps made for meh action. Rain this week could be interesting but think weekend is clear sunny and warm.

For me personally, clear sunny and warm GREAT. Last weekend was near freezing all day Saturday and barely above on Sunday and my toes didn't thaw until Tuesday from a 5 hour market. Although the new cars in the actual cold could be interesting
Old 17 Mar 2022, 02:29 (Ref:4102849)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It’s not a track I really know and can remember how the racing goes.

Narrower doesn’t sound ideal.