Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Sep 2020, 06:56 (Ref:3999959)   #51
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon Murray Automotive to offer a track version of the T.50
The car will weigh only 890 kg (94 kg less compared to the road version) for a top power of the order of 730 horses. It has an LMP1 type shark fin. This T.50 will provide 1500 kg of downforce. The V12 Cosworth engine has also been reworked with the modification of more than 50 components.
Gordon Murray and his team spoke with Stéphane Ratel to see if it was possible to join the GT1 Sports Club.

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/go...it-de-la-t-50/
Old 4 Sep 2020, 13:07 (Ref:4000043)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Gordon Murray Automotive to offer a track version of the T.50

The car will weigh only 890 kg (94 kg less compared to the road version) for a top power of the order of 730 horses. It has an LMP1 type shark fin. This T.50 will provide 1500 kg of downforce. The V12 Cosworth engine has also been reworked with the modification of more than 50 components.

Gordon Murray and his team spoke with Stéphane Ratel to see if it was possible to join the GT1 Sports Club.

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/go...it-de-la-t-50/
Those are some impressive specs for sure. I had just read an article that was focused on the development of this car and some good insights from Mr Murray himself. I doubt I will ever see one of these in my life but I think it is a spectacular looking car.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4000093)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would love to see that racing somewhere but suspect that is highly unlikely
Old 5 Sep 2020, 08:00 (Ref:4000169)   #54
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What sort of a maniac would spend £3m on a GT racing car? And that's before running costs.
It's very nice but it's not a racing car. It's a plaything for people with more money than sense.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 23:01 (Ref:4000644)   #55
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
What sort of a maniac would spend £3m on a GT racing car? And that's before running costs.
It's very nice but it's not a racing car. It's a plaything for people with more money than sense.
We'll sell you an LMH, spares and all race costs for Sebring, Spa and Le Mans for 5mme should you want a real race car.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 04:22 (Ref:4000668)   #56
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
We'll sell you an LMH, spares and all race costs for Sebring, Spa and Le Mans for 5mme should you want a real race car.
Your cars are awesome !!!The 004C is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. But this car the T50 has a fabulous V12, looks like a current 333 SP and capable some millionaires want to feel that. I am one of the few people who feel that Mazda's victory in 1991 is more important than AUDI's 13 victories. Sorry, sorry, sorry, I live in one of the poorest nations on earth, I'm not the one to tell you this, I love yours cars !!
I wish his 004 could win the 24 hours of Nurburgring!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2020, 06:26 (Ref:4000677)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I watched Auto mondial over the weekend and they had a feature on the new Gordon Murray car, it looked great and loved the interesting bits about the aerodynamics, but at the end they seemed to say that the £2.5m or so cost was a bargain and because the original F1's are now worth £12m people would buy them as an investment rather than as a car. It is a sad fact that almost all of the 100 cars will be bought on that basis.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4000808)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw a comment from him that a lot of the people buying them will use them. I think he knows a lot of them. He was quite pleased with that.

Great car, although it’s not a track car in my eyes, although it would obviously be pretty good at it, it’s the ultimate enjoyable road car to be used.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 17:06 (Ref:4001478)   #59
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
It seems good old Gordon has predictably chicken out. It would be disastrous racing return anyway. The McLaren F1 glory days were twenty years ago. The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 22:05 (Ref:4001765)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Gordon, chickening out? I suppose I need a for that.

As with the F1 the aim is for the ultimate useable road sportscar. Anything else is an add on. They didn’t want to race the F1, but there was enough persuasion from customers, people close, that they did it anyway. And they only went to win.

If this one stays just a road car. That is simply job done.

After, to my mind, creating the greatest road car he is only going to try it again. It will always be compare back to that. And he is doing it with his own company this time. Chickening out?

And on history and to paraphrase another ex McLaren guy. There are those make history and there are those that write about it.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 17:44 (Ref:4002833)   #61
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Gordon Murray rules out Le Mans for his new GMA T50s.

Murray has launched a series of 25 'track days' cars, the GMA T50s. And many other luxury brands or 'hypercars' have cars that can only be enjoyed on the track and are not 'registrable'.

Murray's idea is not that of his own series or to imitate the Ferrari Days races, but what he thinks is to intervene in a category such as the BRP, which was in force between 1994 and later became a FIA GT championship. in 1997.

Murray has admitted to being in talks with Stéphane Ratel, the founder and owner of the SRO Motorsport Group, which controls the best GT championships to find a solution.

This would be a Pro-Am category that, of course, inspires many dreams: Koenigsegg, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Pagani, Lamborghini, etc.

In fact, Ratel was already cherishing this idea. It has created a new GT2 category to expand the field, but always thinking of recovering the GT1.

https://soymotor.com/blogs/rblancafo...nuevo-gma-t50s
Old 22 Feb 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4036338)   #62
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
The T.50s Niki Lauda, ​​the ultimate supercar according to Gordon Murray.

852 kg, 3.9 liter Cosworth V12 engine, 725 hp at 12,100 rpm.

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la...rTy0jBOvRp_b6w

Old 22 Feb 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4036346)   #63
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not much can make up for that rear. Front is great though
Old 22 Feb 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4036347)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
As with the F1 and F1 GTR I prefer it being more road car and sans wing.
Old 22 Feb 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4036352)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
As with the F1 and F1 GTR I prefer it being more road car and sans wing.
The wing does make it look more racy, but in reality, will anybody buy one of these to drive on the street? I'd have to imagine track days will be part of any owners schedule!
Old 22 Feb 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4036358)   #66
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You’re right, but IMO these people have missed the point of this car and the F1. Murray used his on the road a lot, as did Rowan Atkinson. Proper.

I was lucky enough to have a tour of the F1 factory and they told me a story back then. A German owner took their car in for servicing. It was pretty high mileage. McLaren downloaded data from the car and told the owner there was a problem as it showed that in the last two weeks the car had apparently been over 200mph on ten of those days (something like that anyway). The owner reported no it was correct, the Autobahns had been clear.

Although, while I would use it regularly on the road if I owned one I would also occasionally track it.

Calling the track one after Niki is cool though.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 01:44 (Ref:4036360)   #67
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
The numbers of 852 kg, 3.9 liter Cosworth V12 engine, 725 hp at 12,100 rpm, excite me a lot. I wonder if this car could do the 3:30 at Le Mans.
And I also wonder why not an LMH AM for these cars, I think the Bugatti Bolide would be at this level too. Having these cars would be much better than 25 Orecas LMP2 or 15 Ferraris or Porsche GTE AM.
I love this photo.
Old 23 Feb 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4036487)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
You’re right, but IMO these people have missed the point of this car and the F1. Murray used his on the road a lot, as did Rowan Atkinson. Proper.

I was lucky enough to have a tour of the F1 factory and they told me a story back then. A German owner took their car in for servicing. It was pretty high mileage. McLaren downloaded data from the car and told the owner there was a problem as it showed that in the last two weeks the car had apparently been over 200mph on ten of those days (something like that anyway). The owner reported no it was correct, the Autobahns had been clear.

Although, while I would use it regularly on the road if I owned one I would also occasionally track it.

That is an epic story!
Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:52 (Ref:4036517)   #69
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thomas Bscher (banker & racer) if my memory is correct
Old 24 Feb 2021, 00:47 (Ref:4036528)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Thomas Bscher (banker & racer) if my memory is correct
That would make sense. I never linked them before.
Old 4 Apr 2023, 12:16 (Ref:4150401)   #71
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Listen to Gordon Murray T.50's V-12 Simulate a Lap of Le Mans on a Dyno.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...ns-simulation/
Old 4 Apr 2023, 18:05 (Ref:4150424)   #72
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not surprised that cars such as this or the Aston Martin, Bugatti, and others are not on the cards for LMH/LMDh, for the same reason that killed off GT1 during the late '90s and LMP1 by 2018. The costs couldn't be maintained over a longer range of time. It's why manufacturers choose to leave, and the sport dies.

Great to look at, fun to drive and exciting to see, but even Ratel eventually saw the light. Reasons as to why his present racing organization goes for more reasonable GT's than the high cost ones.
Old 4 Apr 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4150425)   #73
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bet the majority of these have been bought by speculators who will park them/flip them.
Old 5 Apr 2023, 23:31 (Ref:4150560)   #74
cavalo_mORTO
Rookie

cavalo_mORTO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bought for money laundering.