Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:12 (Ref:925202)   #26
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i remember reading a comment from breville, one of her co-drivers last year at le mans. the third driver i think was sebastian bourdais brother. breville said at least now he could tell people he'd driven at le mans with bourdais and ickx!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:13 (Ref:925207)   #27
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was the father of Sebastian Bourdais
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:15 (Ref:925208)   #28
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by panoz.lmp1
It was the father of Sebastian Bourdais
sebastian bourdais father drives with jacky ickx daughter.

i love le mans!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 14:36 (Ref:925293)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i remember reading a comment from breville.
It was Roland Bervillé.

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
sebastian bourdais father drives with jacky ickx daughter.
And Robert is your mother's brother !

Last edited by Fab; 31 Mar 2004 at 14:39.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:20 (Ref:930136)   #30
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw her today in a Belcar race at the Belgian Zolder track, when it started to rain she drove away from her nearest rivals.............with a few seconds per lap.

You know what they say about drivers that are quick in wet conditions By the way, the car had some problems with the brakes.........makes it even more impressive.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:55 (Ref:930177)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
She was replaced by Fanny Duchateau, an another belgian driver who finished to be the fastest of the three drivers of the team.
Talking of Fanny Duchateau, I saw her today driving the Rollcenter Noble in the British GT Championship at Donnington and I was quite impressed. She will continue in the car for the rest of the year.

Last edited by rdjones; 4 Apr 2004 at 20:56.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:37 (Ref:930232)   #32
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vanina is a great person. Knew her a couple years back, but saldy don't see her often anymore, but I can tell you that she knows her racing. She is a good driver and although she looks up to her father, she gets by on her own. With no help from anyone. Something to respect.

On top of that, she knew what she was doing on the Dakar. And I am not talking about the time that she did it with her father, which must have been a great experience, but the second time. She was the only girl on the team and was able to do it like all the guys. We were both on the same team, so I saw her every day and I must admit she probably was in better shape than I was by the rest day

If you have not seen her around that often, well, that's racing. But not because she is not capable.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 08:50 (Ref:930690)   #33
kdr
Veteran

Interesting Zandbak, and even more so Alfonso...good to hear a fellow drivers view.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 11:29 (Ref:930848)   #34
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant really comment on her driving (although from what i've seen here and so on she more than holds her own), but I can say shes a bit of beauty....

Perfect sponser material if you ask me, but then again no-one never usually does...
Old 17 May 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1303049)   #35
red bullet
Rookie

Belgium
Wezemaal
red bullet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not completely on-topic and if it needs to be removed, do so.

I just wanted to say that some idiot nicknamed CD-Phoenix has hacked a fan-site of Vanina. Pretty lame, since the site contained an large collection of articles and as good as all her racing-results. And because her official site is not always up to date, it's an amazing site to know where she'll be racing.

Why on earth are there hackers?
Old 17 May 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1303164)   #36
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I know you're going to say money, but why wouldn't a Belgian company put reasonable sponsorship money behind her to put her in Renault V6s or FIA GTs?
now there's a laugh. Belgium isn't interested in motorized sports. we only get MX & F1 live. there is a little programme called pitstop.tv, but they can only show Renault WS, DTM, rallycross, rally (not WRC), and Belcar. if it weren't for internet, Belgians wouldn't even know about FIA-GT, or even Le Mans 24hrs. that's why belgian companies aren't interested in sponsoring for FIA-GT. it's a very sad thing, but there's not much that will ever be able to change that.
Old 17 May 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1303176)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Is Eurosport available in Belgium? I mean, a country that can support a series like Belcar (and which has a round of the DTM, a Grand Prix and support races and the Spa 24 Hours) could surely drum up interest in propelling a Belgian driver (especially a woman with a famous name) further up the motorsport ladder?
Old 17 May 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1303196)   #38
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
Eurosport is available in some area's, but it's just a small part. and I think Eurosport 2 is only available via pay-tv (if at all).

Quote:
I mean, a country that can support a series like Belcar (...) could surely drum up interest in propelling a Belgian driver further up the motorsport ladder?
one would think so, but it's just not true in Belgium. in fact, Belcar is never talked about in the media. you know the Wauters brothers, right? they are running in Belcar for about 10 years (if not more), but never are they asked about it. you should think that someone as famous as them would be a good thing for their sport promotional-wise, but they never even get the chance to promote it.
sometimes it seems there are only 2 sports in Belgium: soccer and cycling.
The BBC does a better job at promoting sports: you see athletes from all kinds of sports making appearances on tv, and not just when they just won a major event...
Old 17 May 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1303206)   #39
red bullet
Rookie

Belgium
Wezemaal
The only way racing makes it to the news in Belgium, is the wrong one: fatal accidents.
In Flanders it's just a disaster to be a pro-racer. Nor the companies nor the media is interested. In the French-speaking part, there is more general interest in racing, especially in the media. But still, the companies, although we have some major international companies, are just not willing to help young and talented drivers.
If only John Goossens was alive, he would be of more help for the drivers.
Old 18 May 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1303746)   #40
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroAAarr
On her own (french) website http://www.vaninaickx.com/ page Biography she mentions her "Best results"
-Victory, pole position and podiums Ferrari Challenge
-Victories Formula Ford 2000 (USA)
-Podium at 24 Heures de Spa-Francorchamps
-27th General 24 Heures du Mans 2003"

Oh... hold on... she's still single, or as she says "cŽlibataire"
The sad new is she is now engaged she told me at Spa, I have been friends with Vanina for a few years and have lots of pictures of her but don’t put them on the web because she has had a lot of grief from a stalker in Belgium! He keeps emailing me for pictures for “his personal use”. She had to have a bodyguard on her pit garage when she did the Zolder 24 with Fiona Leggate…
Old 18 May 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1303946)   #41
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82
Eurosport is available in some area's, but it's just a small part. and I think Eurosport 2 is only available via pay-tv (if at all).
Indeed Marcel, where I live we don't have Eurosport either (but I have it and Eurosport 2 via pay TV ). If you would travel 60 KM further there you would notice that Eurosport is part of the cable package. Ridiculous but true. Such a small country but oh so many different cable packages.

Now about Vanina, even her dad is hardly known over here. Other countries would be proud to have a 6 time LM winner, double Vice-World Champion, Dakar winner etc. Not so in Belgium. Like Marcel said only soccer, cycling and I would add tennis to that list count!
Old 18 May 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1303994)   #42
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well . cycling i can understand . Eddy Merckx(interesting . Merckx Ickx ) . says it all really ..
but soccer ..

Ciao Marco
Old 18 May 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1304015)   #43
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
well . cycling i can understand . Eddy Merckx(interesting . Merckx Ickx ) . says it all really ..
but soccer ..
well, not very surprisingly, Jacky and Eddy are real close friends irl.
Old 18 May 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1304018)   #44
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen
Like Marcel said only soccer, cycling and I would add tennis to that list count!
yeah, I thought about adding tennis, but I didn't do it. Tennis is big now (even overhyped a little imo), because we have 2 girls that play at top 10 - level. once they quit (and in tennis most girls quit very early), you'll see that attention for tennis will drop quite a bit.
Old 18 May 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1304034)   #45
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
but soccer ..
Eddy Merckx played footy before becoming a cyclist! I met him in 69 at Mallory Park during the world championship and again later after he retired..
Old 19 May 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1304370)   #46
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thank god he didnt't stick to football

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1304460)   #47
red bullet
Rookie

Belgium
Wezemaal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
The sad new is she is now engaged she told me at Spa, I have been friends with Vanina for a few years and have lots of pictures of her but don’t put them on the web because she has had a lot of grief from a stalker in Belgium! He keeps emailing me for pictures for “his personal use”. She had to have a bodyguard on her pit garage when she did the Zolder 24 with Fiona Leggate…
How sick can one be. Sometimes I ask photographers for action-shots of drivers I like, like Vanina, since my camera is not good enough to take good shots at high speeds.

I read she's engaged to a designer from Citroën.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2723582)   #48
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miss Ickx to drive this saturday(1.30pm)Citroën's latest racing concept-car(Survolt - 300 electric PS)before start of Le Mans Classic !!!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2724728)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that should get her excited after a dull Lola Aston Martin..... At least she can do without her earplugs.....