Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 Nov 2005, 07:00 (Ref:1450107)   #1
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its official - Elias to Gresini Honda

Significant coup for Honda!

Quote:
Spanish Sportspaper AS reports that Fortuna Yamaha MotoGP rookie Toni Elias has now signed to ride a Gresini Honda
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=6&nid=121538
While it was expected, it does raise the interesting question of "what young talent does Yamaha have?". The answer? apparently none! Lets see if the Stoner to yamaha rumours start up again!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 07:13 (Ref:1450112)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wise move.

I do rate ol' Tony. Considering the unashemed can o' whoopass(Tm) he gave the highly rated Xaus (Ha! Told you so I reckon he's got big things ahead of him.

The chips are falling in place for a Rossi - Edwards/Stoner line up arn't they?
Old 2 Nov 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1450119)   #3
asha
Veteran

And the word is that Fortuna is going to back the Gresini Honda set-up. Should be as good a switch as Marco made this year.

Any ideas about the Tech3 team??
Old 2 Nov 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1450125)   #4
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tech 3 is folding, they need money, vel support from Yamaha.
It is a rumour that Altadis will sign contract with Tech 3 for Gauloises, but that's still a rumour.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1450189)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Elias has come on strong in recent races, and he seems to have a good future ahead of him, as well as keeping the Spanish riding connection in Gresini's team.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1450678)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think Toni is gonna be great, you have to remember he has spent most of the year riding injured aswell, had a horrific injury early season. He should also fly this weekend.
And how on earth did Xaus keep his ride through the year, If it had been me I would have stepped down for my own respect! The guy has proved he can only ride Ducatis, so go and ride one in Spanish Superbike or summat! You are a liability mate, especially on your teams resources
Old 3 Nov 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1450957)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
And how on earth did Xaus keep his ride through the year, If it had been me I would have stepped down for my own respect! The guy has proved he can only ride Ducatis, so go and ride one in Spanish Superbike or summat! You are a liability mate, especially on your teams resources
This ain't the BSB Riders stay for a whole year
Old 3 Nov 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1451462)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I see what you mean, a contract is a contract after all, but surely the only exposure Fortuna got from hm was him pickinh it up out of the gravel or the odd shot of hij trying to look busy sorting out the fact he is 3 seconds off the pace in his pit.
Also can you believe Ellison or Rolfo are not in line for a ride after consistently hassling Xaus all year on a year old bike and basically a Harris framed R1!!
Shambolic, and they wonder why we sometimes have it in for Spaniards!
Old 3 Nov 2005, 23:43 (Ref:1451704)   #9
asha
Veteran

Since when is Rolfo not riding in 2006??
Old 7 Nov 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1454454)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
He is rumoured to be riding a Yamaha, but seeing as though no one seems to know how many Yamahas there are going to be in 06 then what can you say. It ranges from a Team Rossi and two others to Tech £ staying on, but they have apparently lost the cash from Fortuna to Gresini and Gauloises are also going. So Herve needs to find a budget. Rumours persist apparently that itmight be Cardoso who brings with him a mighty wad!