Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2887093)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Louise is sliding too much.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2887094)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nasty shunt for Perez. Wish him a quick and full recovery.

Late red flag looks to have eliminated any additional chance to knock VET off pole.

Here's to a clean race.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2887095)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another marvellous bit of strategy from the Mclaren team there.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2887096)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did Vettel remove the clasp from his seatbelt when he got out. I assumed it would stay attached to one or more of the belt straps?
Old 28 May 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2887098)   #55
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
they say "that Sergio did respond to the questions and stimulations put to him". boy,I hope he'll be ok, he's my favourite for a future star
Old 28 May 2011, 13:50 (Ref:2887100)   #56
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ouch! Nasty accident for Perez. Vettel did it again. Good show from Button to get 2nd. Plus Schumi, Alonso and Rosberg as well. I bet Hamilton is angry. P7 not good Lewis.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2887101)   #57
devil_angel
Rookie

devil_angel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fundamental mistake by the McLaren team boys. They went out too early, lost tyre temp/pressure, weren't able to do the lap time. I guess Lewis suffered a lot because of that. He should've been out way earlier in q3 anyway. Wonder why he went out that late in the first place.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2887105)   #58
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No investigation for Massa. Why so? Was it not much of a block? I need to see it again.
Old 28 May 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2887107)   #59
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Fingers crossed for Perez.

Not sure what was going on with the Hamilton/McLaren 'I think it might be better to wait in the pit lane until the tyres get very cold' strategy. In the end, I don't think that it would have made that much difference. It shouldn't be a problem for him anyway, what with those legendary overtaking skills at hand, plus DRS too!
Old 28 May 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2887108)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
No investigation for Massa. Why so? Was it not much of a block? I need to see it again.
He got out of the way when he could. Although I have no doubt that it will be another one to add to Lewis's: 'Drivers that deliberately blocked me recently' list.
Old 28 May 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2887110)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Another marvellous bit of strategy from the Mclaren team there.
Whitmarsh at his best.
Old 28 May 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2887111)   #62
Pete123
Rookie

United Kingdom
Somerset
Pete123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Did Vettel remove the clasp from his seatbelt when he got out. I assumed it would stay attached to one or more of the belt straps?

I was also wondering about this?
Old 28 May 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2887113)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
At first I couldn't work out what it was, but I'm fairly sure that it was the seat belt centre clasp.
Old 28 May 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2887114)   #64
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I was disappointed that Vettel went out. It'd have been better for him to sit in the garage smirking, as everyone else went out and frantically tried (and failed) to beat his time.
Old 28 May 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2887118)   #65
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Fingers crossed for Perez.

Not sure what was going on with the Hamilton/McLaren 'I think it might be better to wait in the pit lane until the tyres get very cold' strategy. In the end, I don't think that it would have made that much difference. It shouldn't be a problem for him anyway, what with those legendary overtaking skills at hand, plus DRS too!
Someone stated they were working on a technical problem, hence the reason for him being out the car.
He is probably the best overtaker in F1 but this is Monaco where its near impossible, his disasterous qualifying result has all but ruined his race chances.

What a dissapointing Q3.
Old 28 May 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2887124)   #66
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fingers crossed for Sergio! F1 can't afford to lose another quality driver this season.

Good job by Seb! I hope he pulls off the race win to add to this so far magical season for him.

I'm sure Danica is fuming!! I expect a desperate attempt to jump at the start resulting in more frustration and some damaged body work...
Old 28 May 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2887129)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
If they can bolt them back together well enough, both HRTs will be allowed to race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91799
Old 28 May 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2887131)   #68
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least that 23 cars on the grid as we are waiting to find out about Perez
Old 28 May 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2887135)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
No serious injuries to Perez.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...res-for-perez/
Old 28 May 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2887139)   #70
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
they don't say if he's gonna be able to race tomorrow.. but with a concussion probably not. I sure would like to see him race and get to the podium by merit (I have a feeling he'll achieve this later in the season)
Old 28 May 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2887141)   #71
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That is very good news..

Is there something wrong with the road surface at the exit to the tunnel I wonder? although he did exit very wide..
Old 28 May 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2887143)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
That is very good news..

Is there something wrong with the road surface at the exit to the tunnel I wonder? although he did exit very wide..
He seemed to be a long way off line, where it's very dusty and the track surface is also very uneven where they exit the tunnel. I wonder how many more accidents we would have seen had the drivers been allowed to use the DRS there?
Old 28 May 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2887149)   #73
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He seemed to be a long way off line, where it's very dusty and the track surface is also very uneven where they exit the tunnel. I wonder how many more accidents we would have seen had the drivers been allowed to use the DRS there?

True he was on the wrong side of the road pretty much.. Yes DRS when you are already doing 170MPH at that exit, not a good idea..

Rosberg speared the armco in about the same place in practice 3 is that correct?
Old 28 May 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2887156)   #74
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No way will Perez be allowed to race.
Old 28 May 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2887160)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post

Rosberg speared the armco in about the same place in practice 3 is that correct?
Yes. Quite a few have hit the barrier there over the years. Raikkonen, Coulthard, Button etc. It's a bit of an accident black spot IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
No way will Perez be allowed to race.
Perez will be doing his damndest to get on that grid tomorrow.