Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Apr 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3061815)   #1
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victorian SCRC 2012

2012 Calender

The 2012 VSCRC will be run across four rounds as per below:
Round 1 - Phillip Island - PIARC - April 21/22
Round 2 - Sandown - MGCC - June 16/17
Round 3 - Sandown - ASSA - July 21/22
Round 4 - Phillip Island - VMCI - October 13/14

Round 1 Details
Quote:
Round 1 of the Victorian State Circuit Racing Championships Series for 2012 gets underway at Phillip Island this Saturday 21st April and Sunday 22nd April and is starting the series with a fantastic 245 entries up 10% on 2011.

The gap left by Huglin will be filled by new ex drag racer Tony Defelice in a new Ferrari 458 GT3, also a PIARC member who will have to fight off 81 year old Bathurst Veteran Murray Carter in his rebuilt C6 Chev Corvette, along with Jim Manolios in his similar Z06 Corvette.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3061915)   #2
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll just point out, quite clearly, that Huglin hasn't actually left a gap. He hasn't retired or given up.

It's just that the car can't be driven at the moment.

If the car was drivable, he'd be there. I spoke to him just now and he's fully recovered from the Bathurst crash, but it did take until last week as he was really quite shaken up.

I can't say when or if he'll be back, but he should be coming down on sunday for a catch up. So you can ask him yourselves.

Personally, it's rather awkwardly convenient for me, as this year I was trying to work out juggling the two clients, but of course, now the logitstics are easy.

Tony is a fierce competitor, just like Ted is. They share many common personality traits, it's gunna be exciting and fun as always.

Tony has help from all the right places...

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/ferra...html#msg188783

Old 19 Apr 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3061932)   #3
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the pleasure of seeing the veteran Murray Carter climb across a six layer tyre wall at Albert Park last month and put a young firemarshal to shame doing it. He's still got it.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 06:40 (Ref:3062948)   #4
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schedule online anywhere?
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3063021)   #5
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Not that I know of.

But I assume tomorrow's will follow a similar one to today:
Saloon Cars / 944
MG / IBSC
Formula Ford / FF1600
Sports Sedans
Historic Touring Cars
Formula Vee
Sports Cars
Improved Production
Old 21 Apr 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3063104)   #6
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
A few happy snaps from today:

SPORTS CARS:

SPORTS SEDANS:

Old 24 Apr 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3064873)   #7
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I went. A shame the storm couldn't wait 1/2 hour or so, I was looking forward to seeing the Imp Prod race. I didn't see the safety sar out for the ffords as well!

I am not a real photographer.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 04:58 (Ref:3083014)   #8
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Round 2 Victorian State Circuit Racing Championships incorporating
HQRA National Championships
SANDOWN INTERNATIONAL MOTOR RACEWAY – 15th to 17th June 2012

CATEGORIES
Qualifying / Racing will be provided for the following categories :
Formula Vee,
Formula Ford (1600 & Duratec),
MG/British,
Sports Cars,
HQ Holden,
Improved Production inc BMW E30,
Sports Sedans,
944 Challenge and
Supersports.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3083689)   #9
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Round 2 Victorian State Circuit Racing Championships incorporating
HQRA National Championships
SANDOWN INTERNATIONAL MOTOR RACEWAY – 15th to 17th June 2012

CATEGORIES
Qualifying / Racing will be provided for the following categories :
Formula Vee,
Formula Ford (1600 & Duratec),
MG/British,
Sports Cars,
HQ Holden,
Improved Production inc BMW E30,
Sports Sedans,
944 Challenge and
Supersports.
The HQ's will be racing for the 2012 Nationals and already there are around 70 entries.
Also it will be the Sandown and State series debut for the Supersports and Robert Baird on In Pit Lane last Tuesday said he expected that they'd be around two seconds a lap faster than a V8 Supercar.
If that's the case the long standing outright lap record of around 1:08.33 will be really under threat.

Should be a great meeting.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3086823)   #10
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to this one...

The Vicious Rumour 458 GT3 will be there, as will its new truck, and wait till you truck fans see THIS little beauty.... incredible it is...

I'm excited to see the Supersports too... But I'm not sure they'll be as quick as V8s at a power track like Sandown....

I predict a dry time of around 1.12-14 I think.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3090025)   #11
silvertrophy
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Down Under
silvertrophy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sports Cars are always good, see if that yellow TVR can stay together long enough to get in the mix, it had speed early on at PI.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 08:34 (Ref:3091795)   #12
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Bit of everything today:
Sunshine, showers, stops & starts, some cold wind (brrr), safety car, a colourful car or two, power disappearing and then coming back and even some races managed to be run.

Old 16 Jun 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3091846)   #13
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Aside from the stand on the front straight and on top of the pit, is there anywhere else spectators can go to? I'm going tomorrow.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3091873)   #14
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Aside from the stand on the front straight and on top of the pit, is there anywhere else spectators can go to? I'm going tomorrow.
Nope - during these small crowd events they only open the first section of grand stand and the pit area.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3093830)   #15
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
It was alright considering the disadvantages at Sandown for spectators. I was wondering why the Corolla sprinter, that won imp prod at PI, didn't turn up? Is it a good thing that the highlight for me was the battle for 11th in that semi or repecharge of the HQ's? It was a shame the safety car won the HQ Nationals.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 02:51 (Ref:3093904)   #16
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
I must say I was a little disappointed in the whole weekend.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3094046)   #17
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
So, we had a real old mixed bag of results for the weekend. The new truck was a sensation, everyone went crazy over it. Friday practice was all ok, fastest unofficially. Saturday qulifying confirmed this with a close fought pole position. http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...6/2012.SAND.Q9 First race saturday http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2012.SAND.R20 was a pickle. A bad start dropped us to 6th at turn 1, and very cold and greasy conditions made confidence a slow coming commodity. But 5th place was grabbed. Second race on Sunday, http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2012.SAND.R30 started 5th, dropped to 7th, got back to 5th again, However, a penalty applied for being judged to have breached start regulations, dropped us to 9th officially. Race 3, the 10 lapper feature race, http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2012.SAND.R40 started 9th, dropped a little at the start briefly, but fought and fought and gained confidence until that move in the video above, which jumped us into 4th, and a fastest lap too. Race 4 was absolutely hilarious. The schedule was knocked so far back we thought they wouldn't even run the race as it was getting dark. It was also raining on/off/on/off. As everyone, we watched the clouds and tried to decide what tyres to use. In the end, we took a huge gamble and became the ONLY car to use wets, when the whole of pit lane, the dummy grid and the paddock was dry. But there was a permanent yellow flag from t2 to 4, and there was damp track from 4 for a while. We were talked about and pointed at on the dummy grid, it really looked like we were on the wrong tyres...... But........ Got a great start from 4th, lead into turn 1, sucked the followers into a braking effort their cold slicks couldn't match, and as the car turned t4 and entered the back straight, all our prayers were confirmed when that beautiful rooster appeared at the back of the car!!!! We lead the first lap by about 12 seconds, the second lap around 18 seconds in front, then coasted home at a maintained gap while theo others were all still struggling on cold tyres in the greasy conditions.... http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2012.SAND.R48 The first win for Tony, first for a 458 GT3 in Oz, and for a drag racer that normally goes home when it rains...... done on wet tyres... High fives all round, massive credit to others in the crew who overcame my voice of reason/playing the odds and persuaded the tyre choice, and for Tony is saying to hell with the wets, trash 'em if we need too...... Superb fun weekend. Got a litle door damage in one race, when Crocittis Cobra slammed Manolios Corvette in us. But no biggie.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 04:18 (Ref:3094541)   #18
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I must say I was a little disappointed in the whole weekend.
Which part, the over crammed schedule*, the knee jerk reaction safety cars constantly called by an incredibly risk averse C of C, or just the general B/S of the MGCC (especially at Sandown ?)

* BTW, What the hell were they thinking trying to run the HQ Nationals on an already over full program ?
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3094663)   #19
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Which part, the over crammed schedule*, the knee jerk reaction safety cars constantly called by an incredibly risk averse C of C, or just the general B/S of the MGCC (especially at Sandown ?)

* BTW, What the hell were they thinking trying to run the HQ Nationals on an already over full program ?
Yep.

I know this has been bought up before - but is the armco at the highway end of the track the best solution?
Old 19 Jun 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3094843)   #20
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I know this has been bought up before - but is the armco at the highway end of the track the best solution?
Delays in Armco repairs affect track hirer, track hirer pays for replacement.

Track owner not affected.

Until CAMS mandate concrete walls to keep track licence or MRC is affected ($$$) the armco will stay.

Interesting CAMS forced Calder & Winton to go all concrete in the late 80's but PI & Sandown.............
Old 20 Jun 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3095223)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
It was alright considering the disadvantages at Sandown for spectators. I was wondering why the Corolla sprinter, that won imp prod at PI, didn't turn up?.
He is from South Australia
Old 20 Jun 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3095225)   #22
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Considering how - err... naive, it was for MG to run 5 sessions for 10 groups (including 2 full fields of HQ's) the event went surprisingly smoothly, yes laps were cut but I was surprised to even see the last race on natsoft. I went home at lunch but here is a link from a BMW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jMdf...feature=relmfu
Watch for the flags...

To add insult to injury categories that caused delays... and often do... got their full programs
Worst was 944's, (who are normally good,) actually got EXTRA LAPS (WTF!) due to not wanting to finish under the safety car - MG should be crucified for that decision alone
My perception is MG always do this, they do things like allocating all the powered carports to their members, yet charge the same to people outside and to rub salt in to the wound the carports were not even full. I for one will always drop the MG Sandown if I have to chose. If I am comparing Sandown events SS with far less resources actually run the meeting for the racers, MG run it for the officials
Old 20 Jun 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3095245)   #23
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story !
Firstly - MGCC do a great job in reflecting what competitors want( always a little imprecise as some on groups will have a different opinion)-- that is not something that some other circuits can say.
Second- program is set to accommodate the categories collectively as fairly as possible
Third-- 944 cat chose 3 races with more laps( rather than 4 races)
Forth- Saturday delay was caused by car accident on Princess hwy taking out the power to the circuit
Fifth- Sunday delay was caused with previous repair to a bridge base moving and as a result part of the fence being ready to collapse-- not a promoter problem as such-- it is circuit management issue.
I think it is hard to be clairvoyant to circumstances that are totally unforseeable.
Forums are excellent place to make comments-- but equally important to get facts correct before being so negative.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3095249)   #24
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
The comment about garages is off the mark also. I am not in the know how this specific allocation was made-- so I am summising.
MG CC will have block booked that section of new garages/carports-- and because of the obvious -- they will have done it early.They then onsell to their members. This is not new-- before that section of garages existed(last year) they did exactly the same with tents .
You use the words"charge the same" to others outside.What are you referring to here? Where else outside? Presuming you mean a tent? If that is the case-- these are costly to hire and I would bet no better than revenue neutral for MGCC-- you can always make these arrangements for outside supplier yourself.
Last word-- if you do not commit early-- very hard to get what you might want-- you could have had a pit lane garage if you get in early enough.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3095250)   #25
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Which part, the over crammed schedule*, the knee jerk reaction safety cars constantly called by an incredibly risk averse C of C, or just the general B/S of the MGCC (especially at Sandown ?)
]
When you make that assertion it would be nice to back it up with some facts --perhaps you could tell us where the safety car was used unneccessarily?
Were you actually present at the track?