Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jun 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3095716)   #26
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No you haven't let the truth get in the way, have you!
1 believe what you will, I am actually a competitor and my view isn't unique
2 Are you for real - effectively 10 Categories!!!! Normal is 8 and occasionally 9
3 They still caused problems ran over time and got more laps...
4 The program was already more than 30 min late!
5 I will say it in capitals CATEGORIES WITH SAFETY CARS GOT FULL LAPS, this was AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS. Do the right thing and you still lost laps. At The Creek the ARDC run races to time, not laps, you waste time behind a safety car then you lose, not the next category

Yep some things are unforeseeable, but the consequence of trying to run 10 effective categories in Melbourne winter a few days before the shortest day of the year is VERY Foreseeable

Garages, Entry went in on the day of official open and was paid CC and banked on that day. If the Garages are not available they should NOT be advertised. MG orgaising their own tents I am cool with. Preferential treatment based on what club you belong to - seriously not cool but it happens. Not even utilising the facility you have blocked others from using - you think that is OK?

The Carports they put us in have only been there for 20 years, so I understand why you may have missed them. To pay the same for those un-powered, unsecured bit of roof is a disgrace, in fact since they are advertised as Garages they should have at least given us the option to get our money back, a 10x10 shade does the same job
Old 21 Jun 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3095845)   #27
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No argument from me that categories track time should be distributed equally-- you need to make your opinion clear to your category rep.Incidentally-- with all your 'grievances" you should be at the meeting debrief on Monday night at MGCC rooms in Nunawading-- all invited.
From a practical point of view-- the C of C is making calls all day on how program position is.What cannot be forseen is events like I described previously-- there is enough room in schedule to handle "normal" delays.
Garages-- your own category may have been allocated a certain number-- which tend to go to those supporting the whole year-- a practice I support in principle.So untill you speak to your cat rep-- you are talking in the air.
The carports you refer to-- are the last allocated.
You need to let your cat rep know about your grievances-- he can take it to meeting and get specific answer to each issue you raise.I will look forward to your update here after you have the answers.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3096992)   #28
silvertrophy
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Down Under
silvertrophy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
No argument from me that categories track time should be distributed equally-- you need to make your opinion clear to your category rep.Incidentally-- with all your 'grievances" you should be at the meeting debrief on Monday night at MGCC rooms in Nunawading-- all invited.
From a practical point of view-- the C of C is making calls all day on how program position is.What cannot be forseen is events like I described previously-- there is enough room in schedule to handle "normal" delays.
Garages-- your own category may have been allocated a certain number-- which tend to go to those supporting the whole year-- a practice I support in principle.So untill you speak to your cat rep-- you are talking in the air.
The carports you refer to-- are the last allocated.
You need to let your cat rep know about your grievances-- he can take it to meeting and get specific answer to each issue you raise.I will look forward to your update here after you have the answers.
100% agree with what you have written, the Category reps are there for a reason rather than jump on a forum where the people who can actually resolve the issue in future probably don't follow? As for time limited races I hope it does happen in future, Formula Ford debacle Saturday was a joke...But kids with parents wallets usually cause that.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3096993)   #29
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Running races to time rather than laps would have been a godsend for us back in the days when we covered races from the series.
A F Vee race would need to be cut to pieces while Sports Sedans and Sportscars barely filled a segment.
By timing races to say 20 minutes for the feature race we could have saved hundreds of dollars in expensive editing time.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3097026)   #30
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see commode cup got cut down to a 30 min race, instead of a 45...

and even then, they dropped the flag 10 seconds early to stop the pain/boredom.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...6/2012.WIN.R15
Old 24 Jun 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3097509)   #31
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
I see commode cup got cut down to a 30 min race, instead of a 45...

and even then, they dropped the flag 10 seconds early to stop the pain/boredom.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...6/2012.WIN.R15
No, the Starter didnt drop a flag all weekend ? (his assistant did a fortnight ago, maybe thats what you were thinking of)

P.S. ( wrong thread...)
Old 15 Jul 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3106594)   #32
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 3 - 21/22 July @ Sandown:

Qualifying/Racing will be provided for cars complying with the regulations for
the following categories:
  • Formula Ford 1600 & Formula Ford
  • HQ Holden
  • Improved Production Cars (including BMW E30)
  • Formula Vee
  • Historic Touring Cars
  • Sports Cars
  • MG/Invited British Sports Cars
  • Sports Racers
Old 21 Jul 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3109376)   #33
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
From Friday Practice:

Saturday:
MG Parking Lot

& Some Colour
Old 22 Jul 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3109666)   #34
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
Kelly's testing the COTF
Old 22 Jul 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3109688)   #35
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know what happened to the FVee competitor that crashed at dandenong rd? From where I was (a couple of light years away) that was a monumental accident.

You know, I'm not a competitor (for now) unfortunately. But, I reckon if I had the money to buy a car and go racing, there's no way I'd buy a formula ford and compete in the Vic series. This, despite the fact I love ffords and, in an ideal world, it'd be my first choice. Everytime I go, the safety car comes out for what feels like 50-80% of the race. What would be the point of buying a car and "racing" in it? Everytime. It's a joke.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3110057)   #36
stigette
Rookie

stigette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Do you know what happened to the FVee competitor that crashed at dandenong rd? From where I was (a couple of light years away) that was a monumental accident.

You know, I'm not a competitor (for now) unfortunately. But, I reckon if I had the money to buy a car and go racing, there's no way I'd buy a formula ford and compete in the Vic series. This, despite the fact I love ffords and, in an ideal world, it'd be my first choice. Everytime I go, the safety car comes out for what feels like 50-80% of the race. What would be the point of buying a car and "racing" in it? Everytime. It's a joke.
He is ok, albeit bruised body and ego.

Car on the other hand is a little worse for wear - all 4 corners broken, steering wheel bent and belts very stretched. But the frame itself is ok so it should be salvageable.

Very lucky guy!

Nasty stack in the 944/Saloon race too, Sharon O'Connell's VN got a smack from behind at turn 4 which put her firmly into the armco. Car is repairable but not a nice situation, might be the last time we see Saloons race with 944's...
Old 23 Jul 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3110128)   #37
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
From Vic Saloon Car (FB)
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3110216)   #38
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Thanks to YouTube here's the start of it.

http://youtu.be/IH3qhtRxRVE

Old 23 Jul 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3110296)   #39
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigette View Post
Car on the other hand is a little worse for wear - all 4 corners broken, steering wheel bent and belts very stretched. But the frame itself is ok so it should be salvageable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Thanks to YouTube here's the start of it.

http://youtu.be/IH3qhtRxRVE

Here's the end of it.

Old 23 Jul 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3110581)   #40
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same meeting, same corner, different day.

http://youtu.be/oPLVEA1ll74
Old 13 Oct 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3150784)   #41
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
I'm not going to be able to go tomorrow, so I went today!

- Stunned that there wasn't a safety car for the ffords.

- Fvee were good, all the way down the field. Saloon cars as well.

- What happened to the Viper, that was leading the sportscars, then I saw in 3rd?

- 944s. I was at Southern loop, waiting for them to start the race. I was not anticipating them, then they start coming around Doohan corner! Had no freakin idea they started. The karts on the kart track were much louder!

- Love that Hillman Imp!

- HQs were surprisingly clean (what I saw anyway), smaller field too. P-plater, miles off the back? I don't know that guy. But it reminds you, racing a car is an intimidating discipline. You can't just "do it", even in a HQ. It takes a lot of kays, and self belief.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3151904)   #42
inpitlane
Veteran

It was a really good meeting, Formula Vee had three awesome races, Formula Ford had big fields and everybody kept their noses clean.
The Sportscars looked great in the bright spring sunshine.
Ross had tyre problems with the Viper, started like a rocket ship but the tyres were fried after about 4 laps.
Tony DeFelice was really amazed that the crowd on Sunday was so much bigger than the Shannons meeting there recently.
Only downside was the very small sports sedan turnout. With only 10 cars there and a similar number at Wakefield, the class really needs to take a good look at itself.
Steve Tamasi did a great job to win his first race, in fact the race on Sunday was the first he's ever finished, so a win first time you see the chequered flag is a pretty good start to your career.
Old 28 Nov 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3172475)   #43
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
I think this may be the best thread to talk about Island Magic.It was a good day I thought, it felt better than a regular state meet. May be because it was a better day than normal at PI, and much more comfortable than at Sandown the day before.

- I enjoyed seeing the Improved Production the most. I don't know about any modifactions done between races, but if car can compete in Sport Sedans, I'm not sure it should be competing in this class.

- Speaking of SS. What I like about the Calibra most, is that it smashes the Monaro, after the Monaro smashes the rest of the state competitors. I'm think the Monaro should may be in the Australian Championship car, instead of state.

- I'm a fan of the red Bluebird. He's no chance at all. It's like he/it are the Stupka/Hillman of SS. Except the car isn't cute.

- With 10 competitors, I thought I must be seeing natural decline of the HQs. But then I reminded myself today of the fact that most HQ competitors are probably getting ready for the 4 hour.

- I thought it was a good run by Porter/Mosler in the TT. The Ginettas and the Spider also caught my attention. It was good to see them.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3176376)   #44
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Not VSCRC, but still Vic competition. Anybody going to the HQ 4hour? What's it like? What else is on? Would it be worth going tomorrow?
Old 8 Dec 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3176381)   #45
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
The 4 hour is actually 2x2 hours with one on Saturday and the other on Sunday, bit like the Clipsal 500 is actually a Twin 250 event. This avoids the need for mid race fuel stops.

I couldn't get to it this year due to a family commitment but the invite letter tells me apart from the HQ's they've got SuperTT (think Sports Sedans in CAMS speak), Commodore Cup (no they aint dead yet), MX5 Challenge & Formula Ford.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3176435)   #46
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The 4 hour is actually 2x2 hours with one on Saturday and the other on Sunday, bit like the Clipsal 500 is actually a Twin 250 event. This avoids the need for mid race fuel stops.

I couldn't get to it this year due to a family commitment but the invite letter tells me apart from the HQ's they've got SuperTT (think Sports Sedans in CAMS speak), Commodore Cup (no they aint dead yet), MX5 Challenge & Formula Ford.
Have i heard correctly that only 1 Commodore from the CC series entered.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3176441)   #47
inpitlane
Veteran

There's only a handful of other cars at the meeting. It's really just for the HQ guys.
There's four or five Formula Fords and about a dozen SuperTT cars.
It can be a pretty fun meeting if you like HQs.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3176693)   #48
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I knew it was 2x2 hour event. That's why I was asked yesterday about what it was like yesterday. I was playing cricket yesterday and hadn't made my mind up about going today. Obviously, I'm not there, just saying though.