Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3374841)   #126
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Kevin, can we buy a digital subscription only? ie the digital equivalent of the weekly magazine plus the online content without having to get the printed copy?
Currently it's £112 per year for digital only. Details are on the website.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3374990)   #127
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, I will consider that, although I would have expected a bigger saving than 45p by opting for the digital issue only over the digital and print issue.

Its a bit annoying that Apple are taking over the world - why can't I have the bonus features on other platforms - I'd be paying for something I can't access.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3375225)   #128
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Currently it's £112 per year for digital only. Details are on the website.
Pass, sorry but the saving over the printed paper needs to be more than that. Someone hasn't done their sums properly or is the digital issue subsidising the printed issue? I don't think the publishing world have got their head around the differences between both as this seems a fairly general approach hence a lot of buyer resistance.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3375408)   #129
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Pass, sorry but the saving over the printed paper needs to be more than that. Someone hasn't done their sums properly or is the digital issue subsidising the printed issue? I don't think the publishing world have got their head around the differences between both as this seems a fairly general approach hence a lot of buyer resistance.
Please don't think I'm getting at Autosport in my comments below this is in no way aimed at them. At the risk of dragging things off topic I am making a slightly more general point and not judging whether it applies to any particular business.

There is a general problem that consumers are being ripped off left right and centre as companies offer digital versions of things and simply don't pass on the massive savings in distribution costs they make, people need to vote with their feet and not trade with businesses that try to inflate their profits in this way. It applies to many formats but the worst are MP3 prices compared to CDs and ebooks compared to printed. The cost of production, packaging transport, staff and the lease on the bricks and mortar shop, profit for the retailer all these are saved and replaced with a very much smaller cost of servers, bandwidth software etc. A decent part of this substantial saving should be passed to the consumer, the business that tries to keep all this for themselves in increased profit does not deserve to succeed and in time market forces will make sure that they don't, can't come too soon for me. And I like to think I have some clue as I develop web based applications for a living.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3375420)   #130
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The response this post has been moved to http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...wpost&t=140960 where the relative merits of online v printed content can be discussed.

And now, back to the mus......... er Gary Anderson topic.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3429147)   #131
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations to Gary Anderson on being awarded an honorary degree by the University of Ulster.
The surprising bit is that he has no formal education beyond second level as he left school at 15. With all the ability he has shown over the years it comes as a surprise.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114746
Old 2 Jul 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3429358)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup congratulations Gary.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3429406)   #133
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The surprising bit is that he has no formal education beyond second level as he left school at 15. With all the ability he has shown over the years it comes as a surprise.
actually i find the people with the most ability have few qualifications. nobody's told them how to think and how to solve problems according to whichever way the education system wants them to at the time.

congratulations to gary
Old 3 Jul 2014, 01:40 (Ref:3429708)   #134
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
actually i find the people with the most ability have few qualifications. nobody's told them how to think and how to solve problems according to whichever way the education system wants them to at the time.

congratulations to gary
I think you're right Bella, it is because people without qualifications have to keep working to prove themselves, as apposed to many who once got 50% in an exam somewhere, who never learn another thing nor do anything in their lives!

Last edited by wnut; 3 Jul 2014 at 01:54.