Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Mar 2004, 11:01 (Ref:901790)   #26
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis, in an Atlas F1's exclusive interview, said that he phasing out of the racing team management and undergoing an overlap with his successor.

"The reality is that, yes, I was the person who controlled the whole MTC programme, but long before that my responsibilities in the racing team had been taken over by Martin Whitmarsh," he said.

"You have to have overlap when you are trying to protect the grand values, the credibility and integrity of an organisation. It takes time, overlap takes time."
Old 11 Mar 2004, 11:22 (Ref:901805)   #27
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Good link, there.

Basically rubbishes the nonsense some people have been spouting here.
Can't see what it rubbishes, k-b - it speculates about McLaren being fully bought-out by its engine partner - I don't see how that is inconsistent with Ron Dennis approaching retirement.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 11:27 (Ref:901811)   #28
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If people didn't spot rubbish on here there wouldn't be many postings.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 11:28 (Ref:901813)   #29
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems to make sense to me that Ron will have less ande less involvement as time goes on, and could be largely gone from day-to-day duty by 2006.

Mercedes, Honda and BMW all seem keen to take full control of their respective teams, and if one does (or Toyota become more successful) the others may feel that they have to follow.

As early as 1986 Honda felt that when Williams-Honda won, the guy on the street attributed it as 'Williams, with a little help from Honda', and the only time the engine got primary focus was when it blew. Buying the entire team gives them primary focus, and of course they'd be buying an established, well-run, successful team.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 12:47 (Ref:901875)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
It seems to make sense to me that Ron will have less ande less involvement as time goes on, and could be largely gone from day-to-day duty by 2006.
I just hope Mclaren doesn't become a Jaguar in terms of management...
Old 11 Mar 2004, 13:10 (Ref:901909)   #31
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's the nub of it though, Bononi - McLaren as an organisation are very much focussed on quality at every level, and that certainly includes management infrastructure. Contrast Ron Dennis' years-long mission to create an organisation that will withstand staff changes at any level (his explanation in an ITV interview) with Jaguar's headless-chicken/hire'em-fire'em attitude - and what a contrast it is.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 19:10 (Ref:902259)   #32
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dennis moving on?

Rumor has it that Ron D is to leave McLaren.
I wonder what that would be about.

Maybe he has begun to grow stagnent in the team.
Maybe he is at the bottom of some of the problems with performance.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 19:44 (Ref:902291)   #33
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already being discussed here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=51285