Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 Aug 2001, 03:38 (Ref:133492)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Prix 2 replays

I was playing GP2 the other day and i had a coming together with another competitor in which they spun off but i stayed on the track and kept going, i then went to have a look at the replay, only to find that in the replay it had me spinning off into the sand as well, knocking off my wheel, and when i unpaused it, it kept me in the gravel, without a front wheel.

This ever happened to anyone.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 06:20 (Ref:133532)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep ..Ive had that happen ..i have downloaded a thing called grand prix replay which lets you watch the entire race again ..which is fun sometimes..but it is annoying when you get towards the end of the race and something happens and you have a look and its you who has crashed..beats me why this does it...but most times when i rejoin the game I am in the same position as before but a few I have been sitting in a gravel trap minus a wheel .

who knows
Old 21 Aug 2001, 08:23 (Ref:133587)   #3
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I get that too sometimes. But once I have watched the replay, I will be in a completely different position again once I start racing!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 06:54 (Ref:134073)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had that problem - I won a race, replay myself taking the Chequered Flag, only to come back and find myself with no wheels in the pitlane entry...weird
Old 22 Aug 2001, 19:35 (Ref:134433)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ahhhhh..let me guess DNQ...a red car at the Italian GP perhaps ????

FORZA TIFOSI !!!!!!
Old 24 Aug 2001, 11:26 (Ref:135268)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I pretty sure this is a common GP2 problem. If you continue another 2-3 sec after you paused it and replay again it usually takes you back to where you started (+ 2-3 secs so I hope your on a straight ).

Try it and see.
Old 24 Aug 2001, 23:34 (Ref:135530)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
another thing I have noticed in GP2 is if you spin or there is some kind of crash ..the yellow flags come out but the problem I have is they never go away..they stay out the entire race ..so if there is a crash on lap 1 then the yellows are still waving on lap 60 or whatever ..can get very annoying.

anyone else have that one ???
Old 26 Aug 2001, 14:55 (Ref:136079)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The crash problem is very common, so I use to save the game, before I see the replay, it usually works...

Marcus, I've never been this through before... strange !
Old 27 Aug 2001, 07:03 (Ref:136302)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sometimes in my races the yellow flags and marshels come out for absolutly no reason.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 07:40 (Ref:136313)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racer69, I've had that. Marcus, can't say I've had that happen!
Old 27 Aug 2001, 23:53 (Ref:136814)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tried today if it happens... but no no no.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 13:05 (Ref:137042)   #12
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, i've never had either of those problems, never even heard of them in fact. My problem is that frequenlty i try to save the game and it shuts down, doesn't save and won't play any sound when i return to the game. Only solution is to restart the computer and try again. Grrrr.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 15:23 (Ref:137088)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
ouch !!! thats gotta suck david.

I can save the games but when i go back to it it sometimes says wrong file type..I have to shut the game down restart it and it usually works then...also Ive noticed with my wallpaper program when it is due to change wallpapers it will shut the game down ..so I have to disable the wallpaper before I start playing.

this is turning out to be a really good ***** session about this game isnt it ?
Old 28 Aug 2001, 15:31 (Ref:137093)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 is not the only game which stuffs up replays - F1 2000, F1 '98, Gran Turismo and numerous others have been known to completely naff-up when replaying...
Old 28 Aug 2001, 20:39 (Ref:137229)   #15
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David - I have that problem too - I feel it may be because our disk is quite scratched, but now it seems to do it every time I return to the menu. To combat the sound problem go into setup and choose the sound system again, it may work!!???
Old 28 Aug 2001, 21:34 (Ref:137271)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

David, do you use that NoCD patch ? Maybe is the one that causes it to crash...