Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2002, 03:18 (Ref:258630)   #1
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM fan club pre-race meeting.

So how do you think monty will do on sunday's race?, I think that if it doesn't rain, well he can finish in the podium again. What about all the things that have been said since brasil, I mean I've been out for some time but the press really got him this time, with all the insane driving thing. So say whatever you want, and have a beer on me.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 03:57 (Ref:258642)   #2
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i think he will finally put those two bullies in their place at imola.
expect more fireworks at the startline!!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 05:56 (Ref:258677)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I only wish I can talk to him. In sailing, I have seen many helmsmen get tangled in a protest situation at a mark, get extremely upset and then completely lose their concentration and boat speed subsequently. I myself have this knack of simply wiping everything from my mind that has happened on a previous leg, and concentrate fully on boat speed for the next upwind leg, and have won many races by doing this. For example, we lost the spinnaker halyard on the second leg of a championship race, and we had to use the genoa halyard for both spinnaker and genoa. Therefore we had to lower the genoa completely before we could change the halyards over to raise the spinnaker and vice versa. We didn't panic, concentrated on each sail change, then simply forgot about our problem to go as fast as possible for the windward legs. We won that race by over 200 metres. And we won the championship also.
Sorry for being so long winded, but what I wanted to say is that this is the start of a new race, and JPM must forget about all the aggro in the previous two races, and simply concentrate on winning this race by discussing strategies with Patrick Head before the race.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 06:02 (Ref:258682)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jpm is a proffesional , i mean, you dont win the INDY 500 by chance , that needs probally more concentration than maybe any other single seater race in the world , so i dont think he will have any problems there. I wonder what he is going to do , race to the rules that Micheal does , or still give him racing room ? , personally i hope he gives him racing room , but if he takes the other option , then i suppose he's been forced into it . Mind you , judging from yesterdays pace , he might not be anywhere near Micheal .

We will soon see , only 1 hour to first practice .
Go JPM
Old 13 Apr 2002, 08:02 (Ref:258714)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
although tgf was in the pits and rubens threw his car off the track, (and the ferrari does seem to be the car to have here this weekend!) jpm was quickest in the first practice this morning! something to bring a smile to all the jpm fans here!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 08:58 (Ref:258726)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Practice means nothing. Only Quals count.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:47 (Ref:258757)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Practice means nothing. Only Quals count.
exactly VB, thats why i referred to the ferrari's not being on the circuit at the time!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 13:05 (Ref:258891)   #8
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Dang!
I missed qualifying.
I partied last night so I set the vcr to record but instead of setting the timer to 7 am, I didn't notice the pm thingie after the 7.
Any way, looks like it didn't rain and the F2002's are feeling good.
Juan is fourth and that is very good.

A question here for all the veternas.
Does Michael start/swerve/chop his team mates too?

sorry, don't mind me, hangover time . . .guayabo . . .la cruda . . .

excuse me, I'm going to check to see what program I was going to record at 7 pm today
Old 13 Apr 2002, 13:28 (Ref:258912)   #9
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi pals... someonelse who woke up late to the qualifying thing.
Aficionado, have a beer for that guayabo, please!
TGF always chops... he avoids it just when he promises Barrichello to give him all the AID he can.
4th place, well... fireworks tomorrow again.....
Old 13 Apr 2002, 13:35 (Ref:258920)   #10
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fourth's fine...and J.P.'s usually a quick starter.
He's a very quick learner and he has unequalled tenacity...look how he pulled back from his Monaco / Canada low point in his first season.Do you remember the comments on this forum alone?
He´s going to draw on his anger and strengthen his resolve.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 15:21 (Ref:259059)   #11
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think as long as he don't get penialised for some thin' he hasn't done, or Shu kepps gettin' away with illigal move(Shu has not been penialised for an illegal move since 94)then monty could stand a good chance of a race win
Old 13 Apr 2002, 15:30 (Ref:259071)   #12
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don´t think this "track/weather conditions" suits WIlliams...

Anyway..., Juan Pablo bring us some points home !

Go Juan Go !!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 20:47 (Ref:259271)   #13
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully Michael will chop Rubens (I swear there must be a little voice in Michael's head going 'Chop! Chop! CHOP!' ) opening the door for the two Williams. If Ralf gets in front of JPM at the start, I'm sure he'll find a way past at some point.

If the race is dry and warm, it'll play into Michelin's hands and we could be in for a good race..

Plus, even though Michael won in Brazil, there must still be a question mark over the F2002. Perhaps Brazil was just beginner's luck for the car.

In any case, I'm looking forward to JPM having a good race and I hope we can all celebrate a victory tomorrow afternoon!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 20:52 (Ref:259277)   #14
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oops!
I'm not supposed to post on this thread!

Last edited by Don K; 13 Apr 2002 at 20:53.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:10 (Ref:259387)   #15
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get out then !
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:34 (Ref:259398)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
Oops!
I'm not supposed to post on this thread!
Why not? I value your posts more than anyone else's here, my friend.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:39 (Ref:259404)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
The way I see it, MSch will not swerve, but will go straight. Unless, his brother tries to pss him on teh inside, in which case, he will chop across to take his brother out, JPM will swerve in the opposite direction and follow Rubens ahead of both MSch and Ralf. That would be the best scenerio.
More interestingly will be the pit stop strategy. I suspect Rubens will be on a two stopper with a slightly lighter fuel load than one third tank, while MSch will be on a one stopper with a slightly lighter load than half tank. JPM will be on a one stopper with a slightly heavier load than half tank, and Ralf will be spot on half tank for a one stopper.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:50 (Ref:259410)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
the mind boggles here VB!!! so............who's gonna win? or will it be too close to call between tgf, rafe and jpm? (poor rubens doesn't even come into the equation here!)
Old 14 Apr 2002, 00:07 (Ref:259422)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Don't be too sure. Rubens is not as bad as we make out - I know we like to have a lot of fun on his account here, but he is fast, and if MSch let's him by early, this could be his race with a two stopper.
I tipped JPM to have th e slightly heavier fuel load than MSch because I think that JPM will make up lots of road to be just behind MSch when the red car pits for fuel, and this will enable JPM to put in some hot laps for the next 5 to 7 laps before he comes in. Ralf will be the fly in the ointment because if he gets ahead of JPM, there is no way he will allow JPM to pass.
I think if luck goes his way, this will be a great battle between the top 4 guys, accidents and incidents and blow ups notwithstanding.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 00:12 (Ref:259424)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Don't be too sure. Rubens is not as bad as we make out - I know we like to have a lot of fun on his account here, but he is fast, and if MSch let's him by early, this could be his race with a two stopper.
too true VB, but we have a laugh at rubens, not because of his ability but because of his predicament! but to be perfectly honest, do you see tgf letting rubens past because this could be his race with a 2 stopper? he may let RB through but it will be to his own gain, thats why, imo, that rubens won't be the one standing on the top step of the podium tomorrow but one of the other 3!!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 01:29 (Ref:259463)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I am hoping for a controlled, well thought out, faultless fast drive from JPM that will see him on the top step.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 01:44 (Ref:259476)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM in fourth isn't the end of the world. He's been quick all weekend, but frankly, I don't see Ferrari being beaten unless it gets very hot in the next few hours.

IMO JPM should be happy just to beat Ralf.

Tags
jpm