Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Ferrari domination or a Battling Ferrari
I would like to see Ferrari dominate races like they did this year 3 7.89%
I would like to see Ferrari win some races, but have to battle for them 19 50.00%
I would like to see other teams win, and Ferrari battling to win 7 18.42%
I would like to see Ferrari not win a single race next year 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Nov 2002, 18:12 (Ref:434151)   #26
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Um, looked in here again for the first time since my initial post.

I meant the difference between 2 and 3. lmao
Old 21 Nov 2002, 18:32 (Ref:434162)   #27
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Ferrari not win a single race for the next 6 years.
Old 21 Nov 2002, 20:37 (Ref:434234)   #28
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For once, i agree with hakkiman there!

Well, maybe they may win 1 or 2 races...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 21 Nov 2002 at 20:38.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 03:32 (Ref:434423)   #29
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Ferarri battle as well as other teams. This past year was Ferrari crusing around and simplyly destroying the competition.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 05:28 (Ref:434433)   #30
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Imola '82

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
They weren't fighting each other in Imola 1982 either were they? As far as I know, they were running in formation for the whole race, ala Austria 2002. The only reason they were swapping the lead was because Didier Pironi was ****ing about with a misguided Gilles Villeneuve. I could be wrong. Anyone that has seen the race will know if I am or not.
Yoong Montoya,

I do remember that race.Rene Arnoux was leading the race in his Renault up until his car started to spew out smoke and then flames going past the pits,and then the Italian cars driven by Villeneuve and Pironi took over the lead.

Villeneuve and Pironi were leading 1-2,with Villeneuve in the lead.The two drivers were having a bit of fun by trading places until the famous "SLOW" pit board sign was shown to Villeneuve around lap 50 and he promptly eased off,slowing down by two seconds per lap to save the cars from unneccessary punishment and particularly to save fuel,which testing had shown would be marginal over the length of the race.I think the fuel concern was very important in the pit crews decision to show the "SLOW" sign.Villeneuve thinking that Pironi would hold station until the race was over,was just taking it relatively easy until Pironi passed Villeneuve.The rest of the outcome I'm sure you know.

After the race was finished and Pironi took the victory Villeneuve had some very interesting things to say.

"People seemed to think we had the battle of our lives!Jesus Christ!I'd been ahead of him most of the race,qualified a second and a half ahead of him.Where was my problem?I was coasting those last 15 laps.He was racing.I think I've proved that,in equal cars,if I want someone to stay behind me...well,I think he stays behind."

Enzo Ferrari took the unprecedented step of making a statement on the controversy,which now raged throughout the racing world.Ferrari said that Pironi did not interpret the pit signals correctly and he well understood Villeneuve's disappointment and agreed with him.

Valve Bounce,

I chose number two for the very reason that if Ferrari are going to dominate,I want to see two drivers race eachother,as I'm sure you do as well.Personally,it is time for Michael to fight fair from the beginning of the season,enough of the "silver spoon" treatment for Michael.I would also like very much to see Williams and McLaren be right in the mix next year,however realistically,I'm sure nothing will change for the next season.

More pablum Michael?

Tye
Old 22 Nov 2002, 10:03 (Ref:434492)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Thanks for voting fellow poster - for anyone who has not voted, please do - your vote is very important.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 11:50 (Ref:434563)   #32
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Explain the difference between 2 and 3 to me first, please; they seem like two ways of saying the same thing, an explanation is needed.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 20:54 (Ref:434946)   #33
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
The 2002 season was option 1. Years 1997 to 2000 were option 2. Year 1996 was option 3. I am sure there have been years in the past when Ferrari were struggling to win any races - that's option 4.
I voted for option 3, as I thought it would be a boost for F1 if other teams won more races than Ferrari, although I nearly voted for option 2. I hope this clarifies this poll. If anyone doesn't want to vote for this poll, that's OK, it's no big deal. We don't have mods here who will hold a gun to your head and shoot if you don't vote 1. This is not Mugabe Land
Dutton, this quote was posted previously in response to your earlier query. Since then, there have been other explanations. Look at it this way: Option 2, Ferrari probably wins the championship after battling it out all season. Option 3 sees Ferrari battling just to win a couple of races. They might not even make the top 3.
I can't make it any clearer.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 21:00 (Ref:434959)   #34
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been a Ferrari antifan for years, even when René Arnoux was driving, (and he was my favourite when in Renault), so obviously: 4) no wins.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 23 Nov 2002, 00:12 (Ref:435072)   #35
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would shake up F1. I think people would begin to watch just to see if it were true. I would like to see them not win a singe race.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 12:56 (Ref:435767)   #36
Aussiefan

I would simply like to see Ferrari competing. Whether they dominate as they did this year or are stuggling for wins, whatever. Just as long as F1 isn't turned into an entertainment program for the lowest common denominator.

Having said that, I hope some teams can at least challenge Ferrari in performance this year.

Old 25 Nov 2002, 21:55 (Ref:436706)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
We still havn't heard anymore from Dutton. Wazzup Dutton!!