Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1780522)   #26
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While we are on the topic, what is the 2006 F1 review like? Anyone have it?
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1780525)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I get my copy on Monday. Stay tuned for the verdict (unless someone beats me to it of course!)!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1780527)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doesn't come out untill the 4th...I'll then have it waiting in my stocking...
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1780530)   #29
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On top of that, I also get '05 and '03. Two other great seasons to watch on the off season and to blow away my '04 review.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1780534)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As regards the 2003 review, be prepared for absolute misery. It is the worst one of all the F1 videos and DVD's!

A shame, as it was a great season.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1780535)   #31
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was it that they went from being very detailed in 2001 and 2002, to being FAR too brief in 2003?
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1780542)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have no idea. They soon made them longer again though.

It's that "rushing the product out for christmas" thing I suspect.

Which they still do anyways.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1780892)   #33
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They do...but if they delayed it until the spring, everyone would be so wrapped up in the upcoming new season that less people would buy it. I like them, nevertheless. I don't really need anything that has bucketloads of extras because, well, it's reliving the action that makes me buy them every year!
Old 10 Dec 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1787159)   #34
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Season Review 06 DVD

just watched it

Sucks - totaly crap

Misses out pretty much all of the interesting stuff.

Skips over the fact that montoya was quit dropped - same for klien, and doesn't even mention that Montagny got the SA drive.

There is a passing mention to schumachers retirment.

All in all pretty dissapointing compared to say the 94/95/96/97/98/99/2000 etc reviews.
Old 10 Dec 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1787170)   #35
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Wrong forum mate...It'll be moved to armchair enthusiasts...

Last edited by luke; 10 Dec 2006 at 22:22.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1788452)   #36
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
While we're on the subject of F1 DVDs, does anyone have that 50 Years of Formula One: Onboard (something like that) DVD? If so, is it any good?

I have it and i think it is alright. The Qualifying lap at Suzuka 1989 with Senna is MESMERISING!!!

Aso the 1ST corner pile up at St Devote at Monaco from the back of the Wiliams Renault is brill!!
Old 26 Dec 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1799379)   #37
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym
just watched it

Sucks - totaly crap

Misses out pretty much all of the interesting stuff.

Skips over the fact that montoya was quit dropped - same for klien, and doesn't even mention that Montagny got the SA drive.

There is a passing mention to schumachers retirment.

All in all pretty dissapointing compared to say the 94/95/96/97/98/99/2000 etc reviews.
I give it a 8/10

It does say that Montoya left Mclaren after Indy, they had along interview with his replacement de la rosa...

Didn't mention Ide but hey who cares?

They had a good tribute to Schumacher in the DVD extras.

The preview in DVD extras was good as well with winter testing.

They showed interesting stuff from practice and qualifying which is better..then nothing..

I liked the way there was onboard laps for each race and described by the driver.

I've seen all of the year reviews now except one or two, and I have to say compared to the 2004 review which was total rubbish this one was great. IMO the best review since 1991.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1799381)   #38
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
How many onboards do they have in the 50 years of onboards?
Old 26 Dec 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1799400)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's the worst one I've seen.

They at least tried to put some extras in, albeit poor ones.

And I like how they have integrated the quali onboards into the main review.

But overall it is too long, too boring and stale stuff. A rush job and even the picture quality seems a bit less than recent years, it was usually excellent but now merely decent.

To make things worse, I received two copies of it!
Old 26 Dec 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1799480)   #40
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Seems to me; we watched a totally different DVD.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1799611)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Seems to me you are easy pleased.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1799957)   #42
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
The only part I was a bit annoyed about was the fact they didn't go into detail or even mention at all the mass dampers being banned and the areo dynamic Ferrari wheel elements..
Old 27 Dec 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1800001)   #43
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thoguth it was a bit pants, i ended up doing something else with it in the backround.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1800435)   #44
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Season 06 review

I actualy think that this years review is one of the best Duke have done in recent years. I liked the fact that the drivers on pole, (with the exception of Monterio in Monaco), got to do the voice overs. Michael's were especially intresting as was alonso's in Barcelona, although it must be said button sounded a trifle big headed on his one " this is my POLE lap around melbourne......about 4 tenths quicker than anyone else....laughs....."

what did you all make of it those that have seen it?
Old 28 Oct 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3859571)   #45
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After more than 20 years Duke announced they will release the official F1 reviews from the 80’s and 90’s on DVD...
Old 28 Oct 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3859596)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good. Obviously it was never that important to Bernie, but Liberty again don’t seem to have a problem with it. Obviously Motorsport Network see what the fans want by doing this