Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2001, 00:43 (Ref:174330)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Panoz Vs SA

Interesting to see on the news that Don Panoz is taking the South Australian government and former premier John Olsen to the cleaners for about $18 million for misleading information and damages leading from the cancelation of their event. A big part of the misleading information is apparently greatly inflated crowd figures from the V8 event.

Ooooh errrr....will this mean that the powers that be will start to fly straight from now on? Panoz isn't the only one who has a problem with AVESCO crowd figures, there is the Western Australian Government, the ACT and so on...
Old 15 Nov 2001, 05:56 (Ref:174786)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
is the $18 million and Avesco exaggeration ???

interesting isnt it ..how do you think he will go in court ?
Old 15 Nov 2001, 10:30 (Ref:174823)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say he'd give them a caining

I suppose this means that that Panoz car factory that was going to be built in SA aint going to happen....man, they've really bummed out on this one!
Old 15 Nov 2001, 10:52 (Ref:174837)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, great news. I hope Don takes em to the cleaners, especially after what happened. The day that the Race of 1000 years was cancelled was the 2nd worst moment in my motor racing related life. Those Avesco crowd figures are the most saddest thing about the category and its organisers. Its time they grow up.
Old 15 Nov 2001, 23:17 (Ref:175234)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They really need to improve the racing before they bring their series back here - how many laps did the winning Audi win by 2...3 ?

And who was 2nd ? Why it was the 2nd Audi of course !
Old 16 Nov 2001, 11:33 (Ref:175386)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2000 Race of 1000 Years, Adelaide GP Circuit:

1st - Allan McNish/Rinaldo Capello/Brad Jones*
Audi R8 225 Laps (5hrs 44mins 51.737secs)

2nd - Franz Konrad/Charlie Slater/Allan Heath
Lola B2K/10 Ford +21 Laps (204 Laps)

3rd - Oliver Beretta/Karl Wendlinger/Dominic Dupuy
Chrysler Viper GTS-R +23 Laps (202 Laps)

*Brad Jones only practiced car

Emmanuele Pirro crashed the other Joest Audi R8 whilst running 2nd.

Sure the McNish/Capello car won by a mile, but the Brabham/Murphy/Bright Panoz crashed two times and the Schnitzer BMW LMR's didn't turn up. As for the racing, nobody complained when the only car competitive in the World Sporstcar Championship was the Porsche 956, just about everyone had one, in the same way in the early 80s everyone had a Commodore and in the late 80s everyone had a Sierra.

I hope Panoz wins the court case, the date was already set and the SA gov't pulled out pretty late, probably because of AVESCO, as the sportscar race beat the AVESCO crowd figures. It's a pity the rumoured Sandown event couldn't happen and the frog that turned up Olympic Park.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 09:02 (Ref:177169)   #7
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think he will win

I doubt Panoz will win. I am a Yank and I hope that he loses.

Some of you guys in OZ don't know what you got. The V-8 Supercars rock! It amazes me that a country of your size,population wise, can support such a professional series. We can't get that many pros in one road racing series here in N.America.

While I prefer long distance sportscar racing, the ALMS sucks.
No cars equals boring.

We are getting replays of the V-8 Supercars here in the states as of this coming weekend.

Now if we can get GM and Ford to send the road going V-8 Holdens and Falcons AND have a road racing series for them, I would be happy as can be. I am sure that these V-8 Supercars would be popular here.

Kurt Maxwell
MaxSport-Motorsports Marketing
Indianapolis,IN USA