Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 May 2004, 19:33 (Ref:986625)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Norschleife GT4 Footage!!!!!

http://uk.gamesdomain.yahoo.com/predownload?g=23940

Includes DTM Astras, Mercedes CLK, Alfa 155, Mercedes 190 EVO II, and the GT BMW M3 GTR.

Some great leaps over the humps!
Old 28 May 2004, 20:03 (Ref:986652)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whow!
That Lancia Stratos!
Old 29 May 2004, 07:10 (Ref:986940)   #3
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*changes his boxers*

THE COBRA
*DROOLS*

must get that game
Old 29 May 2004, 08:21 (Ref:986981)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is one superb video, I really can't wait for this one. It looks so damn real, even the animation of the drivers and the crowd leaping out of the way on the rally stages looks organic.
Old 29 May 2004, 10:43 (Ref:987086)   #5
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, looks great!
Old 29 May 2004, 14:09 (Ref:987241)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think the animated driver in the Cobra is an ingame feature, i think they made that one just for the video as all the others were still the same. (dark(ish) windows with immobile drivers)
Old 29 May 2004, 14:29 (Ref:987263)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The full game has got animated drivers. You can even buy custom overalls and helmets for them!

Pity I can't see the video though...PC keeps crashing.

ha...ha...ha...
Old 29 May 2004, 14:48 (Ref:987278)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That looks awesome. I think I'll be getting the Prolgue edition soon
Old 29 May 2004, 14:51 (Ref:987282)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
I don't think the animated driver in the Cobra is an ingame feature, i think they made that one just for the video as all the others were still the same. (dark(ish) windows with immobile drivers)
Yeah, the animated driver is in the game as mentioned.
There are still alot of featuers and cars still to be announced. The game was supposed to be out in May, but has been delayed until October/November to add new features etc.
Old 29 May 2004, 15:01 (Ref:987288)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Has anyone bought the Prologue yet? I looked at it today but bought Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox instead.
Old 29 May 2004, 16:52 (Ref:987368)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
I am getting it this week. It has a DVD documentary, so I will get it for that. Apparently the handling is much more refined.
Old 29 May 2004, 17:47 (Ref:987409)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Has anyone bought the Prologue yet? I looked at it today but bought Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox instead.
...which is going back tomorrow. I'll probably pick up Prologue if they have any left.
Old 29 May 2004, 18:03 (Ref:987429)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was going to get Prolouge, but got Battlefield Vietnam instead. I'll be getting Prolouge shortly though.
Old 29 May 2004, 18:03 (Ref:987430)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't see any Prologues anywhere. Our town doesnt seem to have taken any deliveries of them! (this happens a lot BTW)
Old 29 May 2004, 21:37 (Ref:987605)   #15
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that JAG. The Nurburgring (with jumps and all) looks particularly fantastic! I assume Sony will be sneeky and not put the Nurburgring in the Prologue!?
Old 29 May 2004, 23:00 (Ref:987651)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
There are 5 tracks in Prologue, 50 in the full game!

Over 500 cars from 80 manufactuers!

I think the new cars will be rivals to the cars currently announced, i.e. more LMP1 cars, Group C, DTM, Group B etc.

Last edited by JAG; 29 May 2004 at 23:00.
Old 30 May 2004, 09:09 (Ref:987890)   #17
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Hopefully a few classic F1 cars too.
Old 30 May 2004, 11:18 (Ref:988045)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The tracks in Prologue are Fuji, Grand canyon, New York city, that narrow rally stage tarmac thingie and another real track that i can't remember.
Old 30 May 2004, 14:56 (Ref:988296)   #19
Speck
Rookie

Speck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
The tracks in Prologue are Fuji, Grand canyon, New York city, that narrow rally stage tarmac thingie and another real track that i can't remember.
I think it's Tsukuba.
Old 30 May 2004, 15:24 (Ref:988340)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Correct!
Old 30 May 2004, 17:32 (Ref:988447)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I've got it and had a quick go. Admitedly I haven't played very much of it yet, but first impressions are disappointing.

The biggest issue by far is that the A.I. is still predicably lame, simply following the racing line with no room for adjustment when a player car comes near. You no where each car will be in each corner on each lap, every single race.

There's still no damage (granted we knew this, but with the likes of TOCA and Project Gothem able to implement it in far less time it's non-prence in GT4 grates).

The physics are great, although they don't feel much different to GT3, which in turn didn't feel much different to GT2...

ditto the graphics, they look superb, but when you're used to GT3 they don't carry the same WOW factor.

Overall it feels a little dull. All the cars and accurate physics you can get are great to a point. If the racing is boring then the game simply isn't fun. I feel they've missed a trick in a big way. They had the graphics and physics nailed in GT3, why not concentrate on getting everything else right now? Overall, considering this has been 3 years in the making, I'm not impressed.
Old 30 May 2004, 19:12 (Ref:988531)   #22
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P.S: It's a prologue. It's the game in the state it was on last Xmas, when it was released in Japan (where this type of "demogames" are actually very common.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 30 May 2004, 20:18 (Ref:988597)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
The Prologue game does not have the improved A.I. implemented yet and a number of other features. As has been said it is 6 month old code already, and still only due out in Novenber.

Last edited by JAG; 30 May 2004 at 20:21.
Old 30 May 2004, 20:19 (Ref:988598)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
So improved AI is coming? That's a relief.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 15:21 (Ref:990459)   #25
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What cars are available in this edition?