Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3370107)   #276
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well leave it to BE to come up with a solution to policing the budget cap.

http://www.pitpass.com/50914/Ecclest...whistleblowers

given his current legal entanglements, its somewhat ironic that he would suggest payments to third parties for divulging confidential information but the idea of rewarding whistle blowers to the amount of UK1mil for evidence of violating the cap combined with any penalties which will be handed down to the team found violating the rules is surely a simple and effective deterrent.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3370113)   #277
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

given his current legal entanglements, its somewhat ironic that he would suggest payments to third parties for divulging confidential information but the idea of rewarding whistle blowers to the amount of UK1mil for evidence of violating the cap combined with any penalties which will be handed down to the team found violating the rules is surely a simple and effective deterrent.
Dear Ron,

I wonder if we could have a chat. On reviewing our cash flow, I notice that we breached the annual budget cap by incurring $500K to run a cfd test on a rear wing last September. Bernie will pay me EUR1M if I let him in to the secret. I enjoy working here at McLouder and the last thing I'd want is for us to loose our three highest placings... EUR1.5M will buy my silence.

Your's sincerely,

Eileen Over (Mrs.)
Accounts payable
Old 19 Feb 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3370125)   #278
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 19 Feb 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3370199)   #279
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Effective deterrent to what?

Entering next years championship?
Old 19 Feb 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3370204)   #280
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
sorry i could have written that better.

i meant just a deterrent from violating the cap in the first place.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3370207)   #281
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

What would be an effective deterrent to a team that has a budget in excess of $100 million a year... In reality there is very little you could do. If its a team problem then anything that prohibits a team from taking part actually affects the employees, the drivers, etc and leaves a huge mess. Yes you would get plaudits for excluding them but how severe do you want to be.

Dropping all their points, both manufacturer and drivers may be a deterrent if we had a number of teams clambering over them to get at their points and in effect that may be a significant deterrent if it caused them to lose their points up to that date towards their Concorde disbursement $$$ for the following year. That and a significant fine would be a deterrent to some people...

But the real answer to their problems might be a change of approach. opening the sport up, taking away the 'closed shop' idea of F1 being something of an exclusive group may be beneficial. That and some radical changing of the nature of the cars, more emphasis on driving, less on driver aids, making the cars harder to drive fast, and eliminating the opportunity of pay drivers, allowing customer cars, may all do a great deal to actually make the sport more popular.

If it was sport, rather than a business, it may be a lot more popular.
Secondly, there are ways the FIA can be a lot more proactive in creating a more level, balanced sporting field, rather than leaving it for 'market forces' to sort things out.
There's an interesting idea about dealing with the pay-driver syndrome on Pitpass that is worth some thought.
http://www.pitpass.com/50907/How-the...om-the-F1-grid
Old 20 Feb 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3370328)   #282
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Note to Whistleblowers:

Take the money in advance, otherwise good luck collecting it!
Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3370523)   #283
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Limiting the amount of money that may be invested in the sport by the teams seems contradictory to CVC trying to maximise the amount of money they expect as an investment return. A company does not limit the money inwards flow if they are trying to expand and grow a business or am I missing something?

The movers and shakers of the category seem intent on limiting every aspect of the business both technical and the inflow of money by the participants which seems to be totally contradictory to what CVC and BE want and need which is an increase in returns to the investors. If RB as an example want to invest more money why would any investor want to stop them doing so as it limits the possible returns without that money. In effect a cap is put on the money flow of the sport.

Of course the other way of looking at it is the model is broken and has a finite end to what can be achieved as a business.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3370524)   #284
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ways to improve F1

Put Alan Gow in charge.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3370538)   #285
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 23 Feb 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3371257)   #286
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently the new cars take twice as long to fix.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3371284)   #287
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Limiting the amount of money that may be invested in the sport by the teams seems contradictory to CVC trying to maximise the amount of money they expect as an investment return. A company does not limit the money inwards flow if they are trying to expand and grow a business or am I missing something?

The movers and shakers of the category seem intent on limiting every aspect of the business both technical and the inflow of money by the participants which seems to be totally contradictory to what CVC and BE want and need which is an increase in returns to the investors. If RB as an example want to invest more money why would any investor want to stop them doing so as it limits the possible returns without that money. In effect a cap is put on the money flow of the sport.

Of course the other way of looking at it is the model is broken and has a finite end to what can be achieved as a business.
But CVC is not in F1 for F1 business reasons, but to generate as much revenue as possible for its investors, at the expense of F1's consumers. Some of that is returned to the producers in F1 business but growing the return for CVC's shareholders is having an adverse effect on the F1 product in the market place... and the costs of the F1 producers are rising to the point where the survival of the producers is becoming increasingly fragile.
The consumers are becoming disillusioned with the product so ultimately the product may be priced out of the marketplace.

If this happens the market will ultimately collapse and both CVC shareholders and the producers will lose their investments.....and the F1 product will go through a 'recession', or disappear from the market. It may survive the recession but reappear in a different form, probably the latter.

Last edited by Teretonga; 23 Feb 2014 at 16:14.