Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jan 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3356299)   #101
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm not entirely sure what either party would gain from this? McLaren surely have someone they can promote from within if they don't wish to bring anyone else in from outside the sport, that is, and Ross Brawn will be working within a fairly strict landscape than what he was used to in recent years. Would he have the freedom and right support to make the necessary changes?

Mclaren must be a divided camp if this is happening with RD having the support needed to regain control but surely Whitmarsh has been there long enough that he would have earned his fair share of loyalty too. oh to be a fly on the wall at Woking!
Old 20 Jan 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3356325)   #102
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

Mclaren must be a divided camp if this is happening with RD having the support needed to regain control but surely Whitmarsh has been there long enough that he would have earned his fair share of loyalty too. oh to be a fly on the wall at Woking!
Ron does not allow flies, or any other type of un-authorised visitors into the building...
Old 20 Jan 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3356330)   #103
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3362929)   #104
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...h-McLaren.html

Looks like he's made his mind up.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3362942)   #105
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still think there's the possibility of replacing Bernie next year, don't see him hanging around F1 much longer.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3362987)   #106
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
One can't blame the man to be honest....
Old 1 Feb 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3362995)   #107
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Ross has made a decision I think and is not even interested in following up on anything except fishing...
He says he has no plans although that also happened after Ferrari but I can't see him coming back.
He's been to the mountain top and come back down and F1 has nothing to go back to. He has built jaguars, supported 16 titles for drivers and constructors, including a car in his own name (Brawn GP) so what's left?

Schumi's accident reminds us that life is precious and you never know what is next.

Mercedes bought him out at his price. He doesn't need to work for anyone. The world is his oyster and who knows what will land in his lap.
But it doesn't need to be F1. There is more to life than F1...

Like fishing....
Enjoy it Ross.
You've earned it.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3362998)   #108
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if he's leaving motosport completely? If he were to join Adrian Newey in an America's Cup team that would be interesting but as Capt. Mainwaring would say to L/Cpl. Jones, I'm probably entering the realms of fantasy.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3363022)   #109
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I wonder if he's leaving motosport completely? If he were to join Adrian Newey in an America's Cup team that would be interesting but as Capt. Mainwaring would say to L/Cpl. Jones, I'm probably entering the realms of fantasy.
After seeing this years cars he's probably decided that they don't like it up em either............stupid boy.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 23:25 (Ref:3363067)   #110
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
One can't blame the man to be honest....
Leaves the sport and wants a break. Then he's in the press linked to another team. Give the man some space. Perhaps it made his mind up?!
Old 2 Feb 2014, 00:55 (Ref:3363083)   #111
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Leaves the sport and wants a break. Then he's in the press linked to another team. Give the man some space. Perhaps it made his mind up?!
Seems pretty certain Adam43, for this year at least!

http://www.pitpass.com/50865/Ross-Br...etired-from-F1
Old 2 Feb 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3363153)   #112
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is more to life than F1. He's been very accomplished, is probably walking away a very wealthy man and can do whatever he wants. He's also 60 too. He's earned his place in history.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3363162)   #113
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't be surprised if Schumacher's skiing accident has influenced him somewhat. If there's things in fishing and other realms he wants to achieve, now is plainly the time.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:07 (Ref:3363181)   #114
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He's also 60 too.
He only just turned 59. Stop trying to make the guy feel older than he is. Plus, 60 is the new 40, so he has plenty of time to change his mind.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3363243)   #115
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Schumacher's skiing accident has influenced him somewhat. If there's things in fishing and other realms he wants to achieve, now is plainly the time.
yeah, that might have done some impact on him. You never know what will happen the next second.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3363272)   #116
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He can comeback when he wants if he wants at any time he wants. He can do what he wants. He could come back in a minor consulting role in a months time - for a day per week or something or leave the whole shebang foreover more/

F1 is very fast paced it's not surprising that any man might want to take a year off if in a position to do so.

Maybe the Schumacher thing is a factor here. Maybe he wants to be available to support him.