Andrea Moda for sale!

http://www.bossgp.com/market/adverti...Moda-1992.html
Interesting......
Old 9 Feb 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3366078)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does it come with wet tyres only?
Old 9 Feb 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3366092)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And flexing steering!
Old 9 Feb 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3366107)   #4
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Has rarity value! The BOSS site also has the MasterCard Lola's - another rare beast...
Old 9 Feb 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3366108)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
When cars were still looking good.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3366584)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You'll have to make your own engine sounds, I presume?
Old 10 Feb 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3366585)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
You'll have to make your own engine sounds, I presume?
Well Perry McCarthy had to.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3366587)   #8
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't remember Judd being the original engine?
Old 10 Feb 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3366588)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But FIRE is right, I'd kill to have cars that look as good as that on the grid in F1. It may have been total rubbish at the time, but (from a distance at least), it looks pretty good to me......
Old 10 Feb 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3366619)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Judd was definitely the original engine.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3370222)   #11
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But FIRE is right, I'd kill to have cars that look as good as that on the grid in F1. It may have been total rubbish at the time, but (from a distance at least), it looks pretty good to me......
There were 16 teams entered and 16 races that year... And one team won 10 of them, the driver split being 9/1. The other races were won by two other teams, one team 3/2 and the other remaining win to a third team.
The top six got points awarded 10-6-4-3-2-1
The champion had almost double the score of anyone else - 108 points but the next four, all winners, were spread by a mere 7 points, 56-49, which kept an interest in the racing fairly high.

The champion retired 4 times,
The runner up retired 5 times during the year
The third placed driver had 4 retirements
The fourth placed driver had 7 retirements
the fifth placed driver had 6 retirements

39 drivers attempted to qualify for a race. 35 drivers actually qualified for at least one race. Two qualified for 1 race each, one qualified for three races. The rest were regular qualifiers. Four never raced at all.

With 32 cars entered, and pre qualifying did take place amongst those entrants not guaranteed a start. There were 26 starters at all races.
The car in question only qualified at Monaco, no other events. It retired when running in 12th.

Last edited by Teretonga; 19 Feb 2014 at 23:21.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3370227)   #12
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The Judd was definitely the original engine.
I think the confusion may emanate from Andrea Moda starting the year with the previous year's Coloni, which originally used a Ford V8 although Andrea Moda entered the car at Kyalami with a Judd. The S921 always used a Judd V10.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3370288)   #13
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
I could never work out if the Andrea Moda was that bad, or whether the team operating it was too chaotic to suss it out. Moreno got it to the grid at Monaco, which puts it in a different league to e.g. Life or Coloni-Subaru.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3370313)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I think the confusion may emanate from Andrea Moda starting the year with the previous year's Coloni, which originally used a Ford V8 although Andrea Moda entered the car at Kyalami with a Judd. The S921 always used a Judd V10.
The AM was originally supposed to be a BMW....

It was based on a design that was originally destined for testing duties for a BMW entry only to get shelved. I'm not sure if it actually got built for BMW though...
Old 20 Feb 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3370414)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

Yes it was for a BMW project by Nick Wirth's Simtek team.

The Andrea Moda car may not have been that bad, but the team certainly was. I've thought if you the Life car, with the AM team then you would have the worst in F1.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3371310)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding was that the design itself was sound and built by knowledgeable F1 people moonlighting from their day jobs, but that once in the hands of the "team"(that would be a stretch calling it that), there was no money, no maintenance to speak of and unqualified people were messing with the car.

Probably if it was given a complete professional rebuild and inspection and then maintained, maybe it would drive more than 8 yards.

If I had the spare money around, I'd buy it.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3371327)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

I know a lot of it from 'Flat Out, Flat Broke' the autobiography of Perry McCarthy. And yes it's in there that there were people moonlighting from other teams at £150 a shift. He mentions that the place looked more like Grand Prix employment bureau, with all the personal still in their own team's gear!
Old 23 Feb 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3371361)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't read Perry McCarthy's book, but did he really say that while working for other teams these people got paid to spanner for another team? And wore their main employers dress?
Old 23 Feb 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3371376)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You must Adam - it's a great read. (But I confess it was a while ago now that I read it and I don't recall that bit..... ).
Old 24 Feb 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3371648)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

Look in the chapter 'Ready, Steady, Stop.' It's in there.