Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3378861)   #1
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 app

Has anyone used the F1 app over the weekend? Definitely an improvement on the live timing app last year, and much more affordable.

But it's draining the battery (on my iPhone). I dropped 30% in the 20ish minutes of Q1. At that rate it won't last a race on a full charge. Anyone else notice the same thing?
Old 15 Mar 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3378882)   #2
Halvautomat
Rookie

Halvautomat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same problem on Samsung S3
Are there other free aps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Has anyone used the F1 app over the weekend? Definitely an improvement on the live timing app last year, and much more affordable.

But it's draining the battery (on my iPhone). I dropped 30% in the 20ish minutes of Q1. At that rate it won't last a race on a full charge. Anyone else notice the same thing?
Old 15 Mar 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3378886)   #3
rocketredf1
Rookie

rocketredf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Battery usage on my android device want a problem, however the audio commentary and team radio did bout seem to work at all. Also the timing seemed to keep reloading several times. The overall look and tell of three app is a vast improvement though.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3379061)   #4
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had it previous years and my phone ran hot as hell and it drained the baterry in like 40 minutes.
I switched to a free one called F1LT, you can find some info and a download link here : http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/com...download_here/

Three OS supported, Windows, Android and Mac (not Linux anymore). Haven't tested this year's version yet myself but v1.2 was nice on Windows 7 last season.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3379227)   #5
rob28
Rookie

Canada
Dryden, ON (another UK deserter)
rob28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you get sector times or just dots to show the sector classification?
I want sector times on Live Timing on my PC - the same as last year - but I'm not sure if this is feasible?
If I pay for the Android premium app, is that linked to my Live Timing registration and will also be premium on the PC?
Old 15 Mar 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3379265)   #6
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob28 View Post
Do you get sector times or just dots to show the sector classification?
No sector times outside the official app right now. All dots in F1 website, F1LT, and http://f1.narezka.org/?lang=eng

I want sector times on Live Timing on my PC - the same as last year - but I'm not sure if this is feasible?
There are some android emulators for Windows out there, maybe if you buy the app on your smartphone and log into the emulator with the same gmail account it could let you download the app on the emulator too, but I've not found anybody who tried this yet, so I can't confirm.
But I'm searching on this subject, I think this could work and want to try myself.

If I pay for the Android premium app, is that linked to my Live Timing registration and will also be premium on the PC?
If you mean linked the official F1 website, I'm 99,9% sure the answer is no.
I hope there is something soon, dots are awful...
Old 15 Mar 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3379482)   #7
jsTrecu
Veteran

I just downloaded an Android emulator called Bluestacks, and I'm writting from Tapatalk, which I bought with my smartphone. So yeah, once you login with your google account you can access your Apps it seems. Should work with the F1 App too.

Here is a screenshotClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394913279671.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	42177
Old 16 Mar 2014, 00:26 (Ref:3379866)   #8
rob28
Rookie

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
As far as I know

I hope there is something soon, dots are awful...
Thanks for the response. If I had a nice big Android tablet I'd be happy to upgrade to Premium but I only have a phone which is too small when I have access to a perfectly good laptop.
I've sent an email to livetiming@formula1.com with the same questions but haven't had a reply yet.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 01:14 (Ref:3379956)   #9
jsTrecu
Veteran

I know, I have Galaxy Ace and it's just too small to read things properly when browsing or using some apps.

Bluestacks is really easy to use and free. Just download it for Windows or Mac and install it.
It's not a full emulator, but more of and interface that lets you install and use Android Apps on your PC. You log in with the same account you have on your smartphone, and when you enter the Play Store it'll know which paid apps you own and let you install them. Plus all the free ones too.

I've installed a couple of paid ones that I own (Tapatalk and TuneIn Premium) and it worked perfectly. So the F1 App should work too.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3380091)   #10
rob28
Rookie

Canada
I'm struggling to get the F1 app working with BlueStacks. It tries to start but then just goes to a black screen. Any one had any joy getting it to run on a PC?

Edit.... It's now come up after a few minutes of thinking about it.
I'll run it on the free version to see how quickly it updates and keeps up with the race. If it all looks good, I'll update to premium before the next race.

Last edited by rob28; 16 Mar 2014 at 02:07. Reason: I was too hasty to berate the software.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3380223)   #11
jsTrecu
Veteran

Well, couldn't resist

So far it looks great, nice resolution for the fonts and pictures even on a 1920x1080 monitor in full screen mode. And lots of options and info.
You can do all the usual things, like read news posted on f1.com, visit the photo gallery, and watch videos.
Also download full sessions if you are not watching live, so you can still use the app with your replay of the race or qualy.

Only thing left to check is if there is some delay between the app and the TV when using it with Bluestacks, I think that's what keeping you from buying it rob if I understand correctly your last post.
I'll post about it right at the start of the race in case you want to use it today.

Here are some pics, if anyone else is interested but doubting about this "experiment".

Old 16 Mar 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3380299)   #12
jsTrecu
Veteran

App synced correctly here, no delays...