Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1440197)   #126
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec
After reading this thread may I offer a new name for the Williams driver

Marmite Webber (you either love him or hate him)
Not as good as his Aussie nickname of Potsie... after the dude from Happy Days
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Oct 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1442123)   #127
Schultz
Rookie

Schultz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Has to be jointly held with Alonso adn Raikkonen. Both were almost faultless for the season, but both had a mistake or two. Kimi at the Nurburgring flat spotting his tyres leading to a suspension failure and Alonso and the wall of champions.

3) MS - Once again proved why he is such a champion. To finish third in that car was fantastic. A steady if not uneventful season.

4) Monteiro - The guy really has done well this season. As well as one could expect in such a car. Would love to see him pair with MW next season.

5) Coulthard - The old bloke done alright this season. I dont know how Klien can be rated after getting clobbered so convincingly by Webber and DC.

6) Jarno Trulli - Really has gone downhill in the last half, but was consistently up there in the first half of the season. In the top two qualifiers in the game.

7) Heidfeld/Webber - I mean really, it is stupid the amount of debate these two have brought on. We came into the season expecting much from Webber and NH was someone of an unknown as he has been in the lower teams for a while. Nick was really consistent all season, while Webbo showed flashes of brilliance but made a couple of mistakes and was very unlucky. This was a VERY strong driver lineup. Webber while being matched by his teammate showed me that he really does have the potential to be awesome next season and I to belive he will be the most improved driver if his car allows him to show his speed. He seems to have ironed out alot of his mistakes in the last bit of the season. NIck has shown he is a solid driver. Perfect for the new BMW team.

9) Ralf - Had a much better last half of the season, but really, ws far from showing he was worht his price tag.

10) JPM - Made a number of stupid mistakes that put him out of the race. His stupidest mistake was the this mysterioud "tennis injury". Also showed he could not be relied upon as a solid runner to bring home consistent point hauls like Kimi. If I was Ron Dennis or mister Haug I would not be very happy with JPM at all. This is sposed to be the dream ineup.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1442985)   #128
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
1/ Alonso - Very like JYS to my mind - does just what he has to but boy he can turn it on when he really needs to and put the rest to shame - Almost faultless season from a guy who is undoubtedly going to be a triple champ at least!

2/ Raikkonen - unbelievebly quick, which is why i've put him at 2, and despatched with (arguably the quickest guy in F1, INJURED OR NOT) in the process. However, i think Alonso made him look like an amateur on balance of the season!

3/ Schuey - i wouldn't normally put him this high, but he did all he could with a heap and put in somne hard fought drives. I really want to see him in a good car again so that my convictions that he's not as formidable as he's cracked upto be are vindicated! I reckons that in equal equipment he won't be able to outrace Alonso, Kimi or JPM as they are better 'racers'.

4/ JPM -Even i got depressed by the amount of shunts he had - but he was obviously trying to hard and some races to prove he's still the man 'most likely' and at other races stopped trying which casued inexplicable accidents which damaged the teams chances. However a couple of races proved that when he has to charge there is no equal to him in pure 'racing' It his his instincts to overtake people - Silverstone was a brillaint drive, Hockenheim was a great drive from the back, Spa was until he switched off! and Brazil another indication of how he is settled in the team now - I would be surprised if he isn't a title contender and puts Kimi in the shade next year if the car is good again.

5/ Fisichella - Let down by equipent whenb shouldn;t have been and disappoined with his capitulation on last lap in Japan- However signs that he is blindingly quick are still there - Barca springs to mind mid race and China where he showed great composure. next year should be better for him.

6/ Trulli - Brilliant to be best of rest behind Renaults in first quarter of season, but then resumed poor race form thereafter? Still a mystery to me but i think if he had a truly front running car, he would be almost invinceable.

7/ Massa - People keep knockinh him but he has turend out to be a really handy driver and could be ideal for Ferrari over next few years. I actually think his talent will be fully unleashed if the Ferrari is back to the front next year. Excellent qualy ability at most circuits, although Silverstone is a bogey for him and his race pace is usually super consistent - good racer too when he gets opportunities.

8/ Button - I really don't think he'a all he's cracked up to be, but on his day he is very polished - i think that if we end up with him against the top 4 in equal cars he will be found wanting though. Top of Div 2 i reckon so I'll give him benefit of doubt.

9/ Barrichello - not much of stand out this year but he did well not to be utterly demoralised by poor car.

10/ Webber- Frustrated by equipment after a good start to the season and then a strong end - he would be another sure fire front runner in good car - starting to remind me a bit of Frentzen for some reason though?
Old 25 Oct 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1442988)   #129
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll update the collated results soon, I promise!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1458268)   #130
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Missed most of the opinions as I am a new member, so hope I am not too late to intervene.

Alonso came out on top due to making the most of what he had, talent, car and luck.
Schumi. Finished 3rd in Championship ater a disastrous season. US GP was a fair win.
The rest were mediocre, all of them lacking something that a true Champion needs. ie Kimi common sense, JPM a brain, the rest? Simple, genuine talent. Worthy enoungh as drivers but not a proper Champion among them.

No point in trying to rank no-hopers in my opinion.

bauble
Old 11 Nov 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1458273)   #131
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hi there Bauble,

Nice little post there!

I suspect you've already stired up an hornets nest with this one, be brave!!
Old 13 Nov 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1459616)   #132
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 Alonso
2 Kimi
3 Michael
4 Coulthard
5 Heidfeld
6 Button
7 Klien
8 Trulli
9 Monteiro
10 Doornbos
Old 13 Nov 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1459726)   #133
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
312T4 - I think you've let your dislike of Montoya cloud your judgement - to leave him out of the year's top ten drivers is bizarre!
Old 13 Nov 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1459742)   #134
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know I do not like him, but to me is impossible to put JPM in my top 10 list because he hekped Mclaren and Kimi to loose both titles.
Considering the kind of driver he is and the expectations from him; I judge his championship very under-performing.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1459749)   #135
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
Missed most of the opinions as I am a new member, so hope I am not too late to intervene.

Alonso came out on top due to making the most of what he had, talent, car and luck.
Schumi. Finished 3rd in Championship ater a disastrous season. US GP was a fair win.
The rest were mediocre, all of them lacking something that a true Champion needs. ie Kimi common sense, JPM a brain, the rest? Simple, genuine talent. Worthy enoungh as drivers but not a proper Champion among them.

bauble
Yup, as chunterer said, you have stirred up a hornets nest. Labelling most of the drivers in F1 as lacking in talent is, to put it quite bluntly, stupid.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1459752)   #136
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312T4
You know I do not like him, but to me is impossible to put JPM in my top 10 list because he hekped Mclaren and Kimi to loose both titles.
Considering the kind of driver he is and the expectations from him; I judge his championship very under-performing.
Yeah, three wins and a potential for two or three others, and 4th place in the championship isn't worthy of a top ten ranking.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1460157)   #137
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble

bauble
Could you please give examples of why Kimi lacked common sense, JPM a brain, why MS had a fair win in US and why any of the others were mediocre? F1 drivers lacking talent? These are among the best handful of drivers in the world. I would disagree with all of these statements.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1485845)   #138
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
O.K, I promised an update ages ago, so I'm sorry it has taken so long. This is the cumulative effect of your efforts at selecting what, in your view, were the Top Ten in 2005. Just click on thumbnail image.

For the basis of scoring this is what I posted with the first table:-

1) Only those who have posted a full 10 drivers have been counted.

2) I have only counted the first 10 in anyone's list whether or not they have eg 4 x 9th= !

3) The points run 10 for first down to 1 for 10th but where there are equal positions, they get equal scores down to 1, eg Menelaos scores for his 10 drivers 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 5, 5, 5, 2, 2.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1485847)   #139
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Incidentally, I agree that the last 4 should be all 18=!!
Old 17 Dec 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1485850)   #140
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I'm surpised Wurz is at the bottom. He didnt do a bad job
Old 17 Dec 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1485905)   #141
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Fernando Alonso - He sure proved a lot of people wrong this year with his speed and maturity. A well deserved champion. (Highlights - Imola, Japan and China)
2. Kimi Raikkonen - Had an average start to the year, but was very good overall. Still has a couple of chinks to iron out, but he has time. (Highlights - Spain and Japan)
3. David Coulthard - After the season he had last year, this year has been a real return to form for him. Proved he could keep his own against the younger Klein. (Highlights - Australia and Nurburgring)
4. Michael Schumacher - Had a crap car, but was often way ahead of Rubens. Did very well to finish 3rd overall, although he had some poor races like China though. (Highlights - Imola and Hungary)
5. Juan Pablo Montoya - Had a poor first half of the season, but was a match for Kimi from Canada onwards. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next year. (Highlights - Brazil and Silverstone)
6. Jarno Trulli - Two 2nd places and one 3rd place in a very impressive first half of the season, as well as some great showings in qualifying. Seemed to fade away at season's end though. (Highlights - Malaysia and Bahrain)
7. Nick Heidfeld - A last minute number 2 for Williams who proved a lot of people wrong with two 2nd places and one 3rd place finish. I wish him the best of luck with BMW. (Highlights - Monaco and Nurburgring)
8. Ralf Schumacher - Disappointing in the first half of the year other than Spain, but picked up his pace and outperformed Trulli towards the end of the season. (Highlights - Belgium and China)
9. Jenson Button - Missing 2 races due to disqualification for using an illegal car compromised his season big time. But he kept his head up and showed good form in the second half of the season. (Highlights - Spa)
10. Mark Webber - Showed great speed in qualifying, but made too many errors in the first half of the season. Showed good end of season form though. (Highlights - Belgium and Japan)

Vyvyan - The Young Ones
Old 18 Dec 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1485978)   #142
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=John Turner]O.K, I promised an update ages ago, so I'm sorry it has taken so long. This is the cumulative effect of your efforts at selecting what, in your view, were the Top Ten in 2005. Just click on thumbnail image.

QUOTE]

Strange to see Barrichello so lowly classified.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1486027)   #143
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, only 2 of you placed Barrichello in your top ten. The fact is that Rubens had a very low key and lack lustre season by his standards, so lets hope that joining Honda will rejuvenate him.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1486066)   #144
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im surpirsed to see Webber so far down. Considering the support on the board.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1486078)   #145
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That's because most of his real supporters acknowledge that he had a poor year, and could have done better.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1486151)   #146
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Where is the thumbnail image I am meant to click?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1486154)   #147
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
The fact is that Rubens had a very low key and lack lustre season by his standards
It was rather, IMO, what he used us to see since his good year with Jordan.

Anyhow, I had not committed myself so far. The following is my top ten for 2005:

1. Alonso;
2. Raikonnen;
3. M. Schumacher;
4. Massa
5. Trulli
6. Button
7. Heidfeld;
8. Albers
9. P DeLarosa
10.Klien
11.Villeneuve / Coulthard
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1486161)   #148
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Louis, on the 19th of October 2005 you posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
1. Alonso;
2. Kimi
3. MS
4. N. Heidfeld
5. Felipe Massa
6. JB
7. Trulli
8. JPM
9. C Klien
10.Albers
There may have been others, but I just came across that whilst browsing back through the thread, .
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1486162)   #149
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woops! It must have been another Louis B...
Old 19 Dec 2005, 05:53 (Ref:1486370)   #150
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Top Ten is really no different then everybody elses.

But I feel the most improved driver would have to of been Klien. Compared to previous seasons he seemed to perform well above my expectations of him, especially since some of the Luizzi press had me believing he would do a much better job then Klien. Good luck to him, he seemed to have lasted long enough to start to find his feet