Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4005658)   #271
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The World RX website is showing tickets for the next two rounds at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya as "Tickets Unavailable", but the Circuit Website has continued to show them on sale, though this morning they were showing 46euro for weekend tickets and now website has changed to reflect the event being a double header and showing 25euro for the weekend! But the MotoGP event scheduled for the 25th-27th at Barcelona is showing as no spectators and tickets not available? With World RX not issuing any "new story" when France or Portugal were dropped, has anyone seen any official information from IMG as to whether the Catalunya World RX Round is open to Spectators or not?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:57 (Ref:4005694)   #272
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Megane boys have to be tidier, the car isn't built well enough for rallycross! Also Bakkerud cleaned up his driving style a lot in the Audi because it wouldn't go quick if thrown around, the Focus was a much different animal.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4005849)   #273
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW, I'm generally fairly impressed with the Projekt E cars, especially now we finally got to see some decent drivers in them (all due respect to the others, but Cyril and Janis are that little higher in terms of level).

I know the cars are a bit off the pace but, given how early they are in development, I think it's really the times of a few years back (pre-Polo WRC) we should be comparing them too. I still miss the noise, especially the pre-grid and off the start, but they have good potential for some exciting racing.

Was notable how pumped Raymond was too, can't wait to see what that C3 can do once they switch out the suspension for something he doesn't need to squash quite so much...although then I suppose it may not handle so well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:15 (Ref:4005862)   #274
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raymond is a top notch driver, I'm glad he got this oppurtunity as it may lead to him getting a break and a professional career within rallycross.

This has been my main issue with WRX, the best drivers aren't necessarily in it since it just costs money. With electric cars, this may change and talented drivers may get the seat they deserve.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:22 (Ref:4005863)   #275
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Raymond is someone who deserves a good career in RX, even if itís not WRX

The problem is with WRX is thatís more about show, which means the big moneyed drivers or the big named drivers get in, plus the big manufacturers are in too. Not sure if going electric will make a difference, it will still attract the bigger names to it
Old 23 Sep 2020, 15:25 (Ref:4005864)   #276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Still it doesnít matter. I donít compare WRX with ERX, both are different. One is more for the TV, the other more traditional. Different strokes
Old 23 Sep 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4005889)   #277
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Raymond is a top notch driver, I'm glad he got this oppurtunity as it may lead to him getting a break and a professional career within rallycross.

This has been my main issue with WRX, the best drivers aren't necessarily in it since it just costs money. With electric cars, this may change and talented drivers may get the seat they deserve.

Same could be said about F1, too. Maldonado....

If I had the money, I'd put Ash Simpson in a team. One of the most gifted drivers I've seen. Dan Rooke could be his teammate.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 21:24 (Ref:4005923)   #278
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one guy I would put in a top car just for the fits and giggles.

Vince. More talent in his little finger than many with far more, including those mentioned above. But doesn't give a hoot about any of that.