Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Aug 2004, 04:45 (Ref:1078794)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
andrew pitt is back....

in world supersport replacing fabien foret for the remainder of the season

from www.mcnes.com.au

Yamaha Motor Italia will enter three riders at round nine of the Supersport World Championship at the Assen circuit in The Netherlands (3-5 September) with former world champion Andrew Pitt joining the team in a one-round deal.

The Australian was initially approached to ride the team’s YZF-R6 as a replacement for the injured Fabien Foret. However the Frenchman is expected to have recovered sufficiently from the broken ankle he sustained last time out at Brands Hatch, so 2001 supersport world champion Pitt will line-up alongside regulars alongside Foret and Jurgen van den Goorbergh on the machine normally campaigned at selected rounds by Japanese rider Tekkyu Kayo.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to get back on a competitive bike with a good team,” declared Pitt, who rode full-time in MotoGP last season. “I’ve had a few outings in MotoGP this year (as a wild-card for the Moriwaki team) and feel that I am riding well, even if the package hasn’t allowed me to race at the front. I hope that I can adapt quickly to the 600 as I want to do well at Assen.”

“We’re looking forward to working with Andrew,” said team coordinator Massimo Meregalli. “He’s an experienced rider in this class and we know that he will have no problems with the close nature of the racing. He visited our workshops last week and we are planning a test prior to Assen for Andrew to get to know our bike and tyres and to minimize the adjustment time in Assen. When we originally spoke with Andrew it looked like Fabien would miss Assen. But he’s made good progress and the ankle is much better now. Fabien really wants to try to race this weekend and after having a long talk with him I am confident that he is fit enough to at least compete in Friday’s practice session; from there we can have a better idea of his condition".
Old 27 Aug 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1078800)   #2
McLean Fan
Racer

Australia
Currumbin
McLean Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's also talk of Yamaha Italia stepping up to WSBK with R1's next year. If Pitt acquits himself well in Supersport he could well be competing with Foret, vd Goorbergh, and Haga for one of the rides.

Personally I'd like to see he and Curtain on a couple of Yamaha Germany R1's next year.

Anyway, one step at a time.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 07:17 (Ref:1078841)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
great news for Pitty , obviously a bad loss for the series with Foret being out but at least they have put a rider that is full of talent on the bike.

I Hope he goes well
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1079035)   #4
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where does 'replacing Foret' come from? Read the article - Pitt's in for one race (at the moment) alongside Foret and JvdG.

Good news for Andrew all the same, he's keeping his options open for next year - maybe Moriwaki will go full time, or a WSBK ride will open up, or perhaps someone else will come in for him.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1079226)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i apologise N I Tram - he was INITIALLY asked to replace foret....
Old 27 Aug 2004, 18:30 (Ref:1079422)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Supersport is a bit of a comedown from MotoGP, surely? And McLean Fan, does he have to 'acquit himself', having won the thing? Still, it could be a means to an end.

Yamaha bikes haven't generally been competitive in any Superbike series in recent years, so it'd be a risk for any semi-works or independant team to run them - and surely too much of a risk for Haga to leave Renegade?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1079575)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so Foret is still riding ????

I find that hard to believe but you never know , I havent kept up with his injuries and recovery , good news if he is though
Old 31 Aug 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1082688)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, including Pitt and Haga, that is 4 riders linked with the team for next year.......

Who says 2 for Superbikes and 2 for Supersports..
Old 1 Sep 2004, 11:28 (Ref:1083686)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
i reckon bring it on - ten kate should run 2 superbike & 2 supersport.... 4 aussies
Old 3 Sep 2004, 00:00 (Ref:1085414)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Muggeridge, Pitt, Vermulin, Mcoy - 4 bikes WSBK effort, bring it on!!!

Ten Aussie Kate!