slow the bikes down 0 0%
dont alter the track 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Sep 2004, 02:18 (Ref:1091493)   #1
glynn davies
Rookie

glynn davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isle of Man - Track alterations

Hi went over to the Island a few weeks ago just prior to the races. I had not been for over 5 years and driving around the "track" i found many improvents which no doubt accounts for the increase in lap times. Many of the danger spots i found had been worked on with a lot of thought for rider safety. Still it is to me the ultimate test of man and machine in the whole world and the riders that yearly come forward to challenge the course and conditions deserve a medal just for competing.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1095186)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What kind of changes have been made?

As you say it really is the ultimate challenge in motorcycle racing, and as long as the character (and really, that includes the danger factor as well) of the track is unchanged, then it will still be the classic TT of old.

Slightly off topic, but for the Formula 1 TT, are they still same regulations that were penned way back when for the TT F1 World Championship?
Old 15 Sep 2004, 02:13 (Ref:1096915)   #3
glynn davies
Rookie

glynn davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isle of Man track alterations

Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
What kind of changes have been made? Going around the circuit there seems a lot of attention has been given to altrations to the actual corners with respect to the racing line. Years ago some sections needed a very cautious approach where as now the challenge of taking such parts of the track has gone. What one has to consider though is that as the bikes are a lot faster and even these ironed out sections will be a hand full. Mind you in parts over the mountain i thought that the road surface was bad and sections of it needed repair. Nice to hear your comment about the ultimate racing challenge in the world of bike racing i would like to see some of the world champions we have now go over there and have a go like in the glory years no ducking it then.

As you say it really is the ultimate challenge in motorcycle racing, and as long as the character (and really, that includes the danger factor as well) of the track is unchanged, then it will still be the classic TT of old.

Slightly off topic, but for the Formula 1 TT, are they still same regulations that were penned way back when for the TT F1 World Championship?