Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 31 Jul 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1669212)   #1
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantasy P1 grid for 2010...

What would yours have? what 5 manufacturers would you most like to see go at it with new P1 coupes? additional comments are welcome...

here are mine:

Pagani
Ferrari
Audi
Porsche
Spyker

Ciao,
pit
Old 31 Jul 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1669285)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi
Jaguar
Peugeot
Porsche
Toyota

I would be very happy with that grid, each with at least two cars. I wanted to throw in an American manufacturer, but could only come up with Cadilac, which brings back bad memories. Maybe a Cadilac team run by Pratt & Miller.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1669298)   #3
pitviper
Racer

funny, i thought the same thing. i would have liked to include an american manufacturer as well, but could only come up with imagining a Viper styled Dodge P1 coupe, which obviously, would be awesome, but unlikely (then again, this is "fantasy" grid). Saleen could probably build a P1 around the S7's styling, but other than that...

pit
Old 31 Jul 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1669398)   #4
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Audi
Jaguar
Peugeot
Porsche
Toyota
Those were the exact same I was thinking. I can see it now...a modern Silk Cut Jaguar. Althought, I might take a Mazda over Toyota just because of the orange/green 787B livery. But the GT-ONE was such a beautiful car. Great lines. Oh and a modern Gulf 917K...wow.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1669479)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
From a North American perspective, the five manufacturers I would most like to see in P1, in the American Le Mans Series would be.

1. Audi
2. Porsche
3. Ferrari
4. Jaguar
5. GM/Chevrolet/Cadillac..
Old 1 Aug 2006, 04:46 (Ref:1669582)   #6
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche
Audi
BMW
Mercedes

A German dogfight, just because the German proto's have mainly won Le Mans!

(I couldn't think of a 5th German manufacter...? ) Feel free to add a 5th...
Old 1 Aug 2006, 05:30 (Ref:1669596)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Porsche
Nissan
Mazda
Toyota
Mercedes

and for my 6th & 7th..... BMW & GM
Old 1 Aug 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1669927)   #8
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok. This is fantasy, but I still want to keep my list as realistic as possible...I think so far we've all done a good job of this. I'm thinking the regulations remind a little of the 96-99 years so maybe we will see cars looking like this and a possible return of those manufacturers.

I would think the almost definites would be
1. Audi
2. Peugot
both because of the programs they have underway.

Strong possibilities
3. Toyota. There is already a rumor of a Toyota hybrid. Maybe this is the class they are aiming for.
4. Nissan. Simply because Toyota is involved.
5. Mercedes. They haven't been involved since '99 with the CLR. The last of their family faced coupes/prototype.
6. BMW. Also a strong possibility I feel. All three German teams were there for LeMans 1999. Although BMW fielded an open top car.
7. Porsche. They haven't been in the top class since '98 when they won LeMans in a Prototype which had the family resemblence to their street cars. Mostly in the headlights. It's time for them to come back to the top class. I'd trade a BMW entry for a Porsche entry.

Maybes.
8. GM. In the form of Cadillac or Corvette since this is their two international brands. There is rumors that Chevy is pulling the plug on the GT1 Corvettes to go prototype racing. Maybe we will see something in the vein of the Corvette GTP. This would be very cool.
9. Mazda. I really think that we will see Mazda stay in LMP2. If they plan on sticking with the rotary I just don't think they will have the power to compete. Even a four rotor. Remember. The 787B finished first only because it first finished.
10. Honda. Will they stay in LMP2 or jump up to the top class. I think it depends on if they (Acura) are tired of beating up on the Mazda and how successful Toyota and Nissans campaigns are. If they have too, Honda will rise to the challenge to protect their heritage.

My Fantasy. It isn't a pick of a team but a hope for generous regulations for technological breakthroughs that will benefit passenger cars. Mostly in the realm of alternative fuels. I'd like to see this become the new Group C. Except this time it would be more of a Group G. I know I have said this before, and I hope that is what this series becomes. The cars should be spectacular and at the cutting edge for all of motorsport. Especially if F1 continues down it's ridiculous path.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1670033)   #9
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope group G isnt group green a fleet of cars sounding like milkfloats aint an appealing thought anyways moving on here are my fantasy P1 cars

toyota
nissan
BMW
audi
ferrari
mazda
porsche
lister(one that is not just sexy as scarlett johansson in a bath but fast as well)

and none of these cars would be diesel or electric and so on either petrol powered or bio ethanol like the nasamax of 2004 and i wish more than anything for a modern day version of the ferrari 333SP my favorite LM car ever and one i will unfortunately never see blasting round a track in my life
Old 1 Aug 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1670087)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Audi
Toyota
Nissan
Jaguar
Porsche
Peugeot
Honda

All seem entirely possible, with only Jaguar being a shot in the dark.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1670173)   #11
pitviper
Racer

I would love to see a Pagani race in anger. We ran it in 2003, and it was amazing. i would love to see them start a tradition akin to what ferrari did in the 60's... alas those were different times then...

pit
Old 1 Aug 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1670215)   #12
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
My wishlist:

-Toyota
-Porsche
-Ferrari
-Mazda
-Nissan

I'm dreaming of Porsche and Ferrari going head to head...
But I'd love to see more japanese cars compete and win this greatest of races.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1670234)   #13
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crawfords new Coupe for P1 powered by a Katech 427ci ( Corvette's C6.r motor) or a Katech twin turbo 6.2 L
Old 1 Aug 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1670284)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A twin turbo 6.2 liter would not be legal under the current rules.

BTW, welcome to forum!
Old 1 Aug 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1670456)   #15
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know what will pop up at a vintage race these days DJ Choc Ice.

I've seen several GroupC/GTP cars and F1 cars as late as 1995. A 333sp wouldn't be far fetched.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1670459)   #16
TRuss
Veteran

Sorry for two posts in a row. But I forgot to ask. What in the hell is a milkfloat? And. Why might anything sound like one?

And yes G is for green. You people should stop being close minded. We could see some incredible cars. Gasoline is just a fuel. It's really nothing to get too attatched too.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 05:08 (Ref:1670555)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Crawfords new Coupe for P1 powered by a Katech 427ci ( Corvette's C6.r motor) or a Katech twin turbo 6.2 L
Crawfords new coupe ? Whats that look lke then ?
Old 2 Aug 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1670874)   #18
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the new LMP1 Riley http://www.rileytech.com/

"Following further study, a closed-top design was selected for the new Riley Mk.XIV Le Mans P1 car, over an open-top design, in order to reduce drag and for better airflow to the rear wing. The new chassis will include electric power-assisted steering and a unique shock and spring package with a third spring in the front and rear, all in a full carbon tub and roll over structure. The chassis is designed to accept twin turbo V-8’s, as well as normally aspirated V-8 and V-10 engines.

Customer support from Riley Technologies, including an expanded parts division, will be available for the new Le Mans Protoytpe car.

The cost of the new Riley Mk.XIV Le Mans P1 chassis is $675,000, without engine and electronic systems. Delivery can start as early as November 2005, depending on order date."
Old 2 Aug 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1670878)   #19
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
A twin turbo 6.2 liter would not be legal under the current rules.

BTW, welcome to forum!
Thanks for the welcome. I am a regular over on LS1Tech and Corvette Forum for the past 3-4 years.

Old 2 Aug 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1670887)   #20
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss
Sorry for two posts in a row. But I forgot to ask. What in the hell is a milkfloat? And. Why might anything sound like one?

And yes G is for green. You people should stop being close minded. We could see some incredible cars. Gasoline is just a fuel. It's really nothing to get too attatched too.
a milkfloat is a small van with an electric motor all it does is a humming noise and im not being close minded if the entire grid was made up of cars that sounded like the R10 it would be a disaster one of the only things we can enjoy nowadays is the sound of unnoise restricted race engine i wouldnt be bothered by bio ethanol since i do think that is the future since it doesnt change the characteristic of engines like diesel or electric does.

and also yes the cars could be incredible but would you rather hear the noise of a electric chair over the amazing noise of a howling V12 or a screaming V8 or V10 or the chest pounding noise of a rumbling V8 (oooohhh the lister baby)
Old 2 Aug 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1670906)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Milkfloats , DP's and 2CV's in the same championship ..... that would be a great championship !!!

Whose talking about a full blown electric engine ?

I sincerly hope not .....
Old 2 Aug 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1671210)   #22
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss

I agree with DJ about the noise. If it was for all the greenies,we would only SEE the cars and smell perfume coming from their exhausts. We would also be standing at least a hundred yards from the track "for our own safety"

I think alternative fuels are just a part of the future since gasoline is gonna be very scarce sooner or later.
It's just the sort of engines being used that interrests me. For instance,Mazda's rotaries sound(ed) fantastic as did the hybrid Panoz GTR1(Sparky). And I'll bet that a nitrogen combustionengine would sound pretty impressive too. But like DJ,I simply wouldn't attend a race were the entire field would be powered by electromotors for the reason that these cars wouldn't give the impression of speed.
Hearing a great sounding racingengine in a car,enhances the idea of it being fast....
Old 2 Aug 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1671263)   #23
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm....

Mazda
Toyota
Porsche
Audi
Honda
Old 2 Aug 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1671396)   #24
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honda (with Hybrid)
Zytek (with Hybrid and OEM partner)
Pug (Bio-Diesel)
Audi (Diesel)
Ferrari (Petrol V12 of course!) actually the V8 may well be finding its way into an LMP2 in the near future...
Old 3 Aug 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1672325)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Ford could be selling Jaguar.

Could shake things up a little.