Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2002, 09:44 (Ref:248766)   #1
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brokemachello's light fuel load - fast enough to win - engine switched off by Ferrari

Barrichello was really flying at Brazil, obviously running a 5 pit stop strategy to get that kind of speed... But seriously, if he was on a 3stopper, wouldn't he have had to be about 2seconds a lap quicker than Michael, to snatch the win from the Jaws of Ferrari. Wasn't Rubens running 2secs quicker? It looked like he was on there yesterday.
Is it time he just kicked the Ferrari in full view of the Brazillian fans, and the media, Tifosi, mafioso, and Ferrari? We haven't had that for a while in F1. That really looked like Rubens race (and I'm a JPM fan, albeit let down this time,) when will Ferrari push him too far. i think I would have done the Paul Tracy 'handshake' to Barrie Green, to Fat Toad over this one.

Instructions Not Included!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 09:53 (Ref:248772)   #2
knackaneal
Rookie

knackaneal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definite conspiracy theory then you feel STC ????
Old 1 Apr 2002, 10:20 (Ref:248792)   #3
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very true splatz, i was hoping for poor rubens to give the heap a swift kick and then to spit on the prancing horse emblem.
as for attacking the toad, well i second it
Old 1 Apr 2002, 13:39 (Ref:248957)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
then to spit on the prancing horse emblem.
And you call yourself an F1 fan? Go back to watching NASCAR, you peasant!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 13:51 (Ref:248963)   #5
calais
Veteran

if you read the previous posts, do gooder, you would notice that it is all a big joke
anyway, whats so sacred about the emblem????
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:17 (Ref:248979)   #6
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if you read the previous posts, do gooder, you would notice that it is all a big joke
anyway, whats so sacred about the emblem????
It appeared on Italian World War 2 fighter planes! I'm sure there are many Italian war veterans out there who would feel disgusted by your remarks.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:21 (Ref:248983)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
whats so sacred about the emblem????
First season watching F1 eh?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:24 (Ref:248985)   #8
The Red BARon
Rookie

The Red BARon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DMC

It appeared on Italian World War 2 fighter planes! I'm sure there are many Italian war veterans out there who would feel disgusted by your remarks.

No no no DMC. Go and read the original post as Calais said it is a bit of fun. Secondly it was World War One fighter planes, go read your Ferrari book again.

Secondly, if it had been WW2 fighter planes then I would condone spitting on it as Italy at the time stood for fascism, and were allied with a country actively actioning mass ethnic cleansing.

So there!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:27 (Ref:248987)   #9
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well to all WW2 Italian Air Force Veterans on this forum I did not mean to offend your honour, please don't stab me in the back with a stilletto in a dark alley.....

It's the team that's let Rubens down, not same label you idiot!

They don't race the label of the Vets, they race the labels of their Sponsers. But the sponsors aren't to blame anyway. Or didn't you realise it's the teams responsibility and it's only ever Ruby's car that fails. I don't really like the guy now because his mannerisms in the press conferences make him look like a Schu clone, but that was a good drive at Interlagos.

I'm saying it's a shame he didn't win. He should leave Ferrari.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:37 (Ref:248999)   #10
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Sorry wasn't directing that at you Red Barron.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:38 (Ref:249000)   #11
calais
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

First season watching F1 eh?
over 20 years, actually.
but unlike some, i dont treat the prancing horse as some religious icon.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:40 (Ref:249005)   #12
NOX
Rookie

NOX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spitting is a dirty habit anyway. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:40 (Ref:249006)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The emblom came from a WW1 pilot. His family allowed Enzo to use it. I don't know if it was an Italian pilot though.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:47 (Ref:249015)   #14
calais
Veteran

the comment i made wasnt intended to offend anybody in particular.
for one, it was made in jest, and secondly, i was refering to the ferrari significance of the emblem
my apologies to the veterans
Old 1 Apr 2002, 14:48 (Ref:249017)   #15
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said that as a joke and sorry I didn't have my book handy to back myself up!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 17:43 (Ref:249141)   #16
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for letting us off the hook DMC, we are off the hook aren't we... maybe just dangling a bit..
Old 1 Apr 2002, 23:02 (Ref:249435)   #17
The Red BARon
Rookie

The Red BARon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All due respect to all WW1 and WW2 veterans!

However, Calais (am I really agreeing with an Aussie?!) is talkign a lot of sense here, ie a joke has been misinterpreted, and he is quite right, the Prancing Horse is not a religious emblem and nor should it be treatd as such, anymore than the logo of Williams or McLaren International (all of you note spelling, not MacLaren, Mclaren, MacLaren etc etc, it is McLaren!!!!!!!!!!!).

Get it right boys and girls.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 23:28 (Ref:249450)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Alright, so I was over sensitive at what was obviously a joke. Sorry. But in the middle of this anti-TGF, anti-Todt, anti-Ferrari talk, please do not forget neither The Scuderia's or Il Comendatore's contribution to racing and automotive technology in general.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 03:48 (Ref:249528)   #19
calais
Veteran

point taken, inigo
Old 2 Apr 2002, 04:03 (Ref:249530)   #20
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "Rubens button."
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:42 (Ref:249853)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
The emblom came from a WW1 pilot. His family allowed Enzo to use it. I don't know if it was an Italian pilot though.
The following story is from the Auto Museum web site

"The story of the prancing horse is simple and fascinating. The horse was painted on the fuselage of the fighter plane flown by Francesco Baracca, a heroic Italian pilot who died on Mount Montello: the Italian ace of aces of the First World War.

In 1923, when I won the first Savio circuit, which was run in Ravenna, I met Count Enrico Baracca, the pilot's father, and subsequently his mother, Countess Paolina.

One day she said to me, "Ferrari, why don't you put my son's prancing horse on your cars; it would bring you luck." I still have
Baracca's photograph with the dedication by his parents, in which they entrusted the emblem to me. The horse was black and has remained so; I added the canary yellow background because it is the colour of Modena."

Calais, maybe Inigo is jesting as well....

Last edited by EERO; 2 Apr 2002 at 12:43.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:45 (Ref:249855)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Red BARon
(all of you note spelling, not MacLaren, Mclaren, MacLaren etc etc, it is McLaren!!!!!!!!!!!).

Get it right boys and girls.
How do you feel about MaCaroon?
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:45 (Ref:249857)   #23
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am glad he restrained himself from a bit of a salivical polish to the emblem, otherwise you can cross him off the list for an '03 drive, or they may really want to turn off the engine.

but bad luck Rubens, what a place to have bad luck.