Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Feb 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2634358)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There is a town in Austria called FUC-KING ..... no joking . They are always getting peed off because the signs are always going missing .

I do not expect to get a warning for this post either ..... check it out yourself !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85R8O9COLqo

i wonder how much that sign would fetch ?

Last edited by The Badger; 16 Feb 2010 at 13:21.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2634375)   #27
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Priceless. I needed a good laugh. Thanks
Old 16 Feb 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2634459)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2 Le Mans signed for £1000 or an 'official' issue Bentley coveralls for £740, which is more nuts? They have some other Bentley crew shirts as well but a little less crazy prices.

http://www.experiencelemans.com/cont...n-us/d126.html
Old 16 Feb 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2634536)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
2 Le Mans signed for £1000 or an 'official' issue Bentley coveralls for £740, which is more nuts? They have some other Bentley crew shirts as well but a little less crazy prices.

http://www.experiencelemans.com/cont...n-us/d126.html

There is some seriously pricey (but nevertheless very nice) stuff on that site!
Old 17 Feb 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2634832)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There is some seriously pricey (but nevertheless very nice) stuff on that site!
Plenty of interesting stuff and some going back to before I was born, and that makes it seriously old.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2668804)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm pretty sure the signs are the real deal - but I think they are nicked. Its easy to do (No I have not!).
Old 12 Apr 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2671462)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How about this one on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mazda-Charge-L...item3a59a98622

You'll note no mention of provenance.....
Old 12 Apr 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2671475)   #33
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How about this one on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mazda-Charge-L...item3a59a98622

You'll note no mention of provenance.....
I thought Provance was further south???

(OK, I'll get me coat...)
Old 12 Apr 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2671476)   #34
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oreca had parts of their Courage, R8 and Dallara up for sale a while ago. All under 1000 Euros. A complete rear wing or another large part would really look great in my office, and it would be amazing to have a close look at the carbon fiber... When I grow up!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...VARnewsID=3769
Old 12 Apr 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2671540)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, but the engine cover of the 1991 Le Mans winning car? The only Japanese car ever to win Le Mans? I just don't see Mazda letting this go - surely?????
Old 12 Apr 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2671543)   #36
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Maybe it was a panel from of a spare nose and was never actually used on the car? (It's a nose hatch, not from the engine area)
Old 12 Apr 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2671545)   #37
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year, I pocketed some gravel from the turn one gravel trap as a keepsake (yeah, I know...). Maybe I'll bring a huge sack with me and sell it off by the pound on eBay...?
Old 12 Apr 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2671558)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Been done hasn't it? Or close - some guy was selling rubber 'marbles' on Ebay 2-3 years ago.... I don't think he was selling many......
Old 13 Apr 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2671817)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I could find room for the bonnet in my garage but some gravel and bits of rubber collected by someone else are taking things a little to far.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2673555)   #40
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I could find room for the bonnet in my garage but some gravel and bits of rubber collected by someone else are taking things a little to far.
Not sure mum would appreciate that! At least the bits of rubber are slightly easier to hide and deny purchasing!
Old 16 Apr 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2673588)   #41
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dirt from Houx last year including bits of green stubby glass and firework debris was really funny.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2673590)   #42
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Mazda

I very much doubt that is from the winning car, simply because it has the wrong number on it. The winning car was number 55, that looks like it starts with a 2 and is therefore probably
from a different year, and not 1991.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2673592)   #43
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
20-something? That makes it '89 or '90 therefore.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2673724)   #44
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
20-something? That makes it '89 or '90 therefore.
The picture with the eBay advert shows number 203. If so, then it might be the GTP class winner of 1990.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2673743)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Well there's three cars that ran Le Mans with a race number of 20-something and the orange and green of Renown, the 767 which won GTP in '90 and also raced in '89 (#203, chassis 767-003 according to RacingSportsCars), another 767 which beat it in '89 and one of the broken 787s from '90 (202)... you can't always fully trust the eBay advert. Since we're talking about an ad which ended up listed here, it should be trustworthy, but... you never know.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2673756)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh, I never said anything about it being trustworthy - my thought was entirely to the contrary.....
Old 16 Apr 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2673802)   #47
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
So it's a panel which could have come from three different cars, that's all we can settle on.

By the way, I've just remembered something from last year's RLM coverage, and apparently a fan made off with the garage header board from the winning car('s garage). Any sign of that surfacing on any auction website and being sold for a load of money?

Last edited by Victor_RO; 16 Apr 2010 at 18:08.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2673854)   #48
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Last year, I pocketed some gravel from the turn one gravel trap as a keepsake (yeah, I know...). Maybe I'll bring a huge sack with me and sell it off by the pound on eBay...?

I've got some gravel & rubber (picked off the kerbs) from the final chicane from 2005-any takers??!
Old 16 Apr 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2673877)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
So it's a panel which could have come from three different cars, that's all we can settle on.

By the way, I've just remembered something from last year's RLM coverage, and apparently a fan made off with the garage header board from the winning car('s garage). Any sign of that surfacing on any auction website and being sold for a load of money?

I remember that too. Wheh I heard it, it reminded me of the 'we will be back' boards from the Silk Cut Jaguar pits that were removed by fans after the race in 1986....

Old 17 Apr 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2674134)   #50
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was in front of the Jaguar pits when this was written... good souvenir.