Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4045265)   #326
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Agreed! That's why my friend, very much experienced, is like a child about to re-discover wonders. Not a spoiled child at all!

https://acm.mc/edition/grand-prix-de...rience/videos/
Dont ask about a potential live streaming, I did not find the answer…
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4045270)   #327
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
It does seem faintly ridiculous then, that after April 12th, I could attend a boot fair or similar with as many as 4000 others possibly in something like a 10 acre field - but I can't attend a club race meeting at an outdoor venue of perhaps 250 acres that's likely to be attended by a few hundred people? Go figure!

I get the argument that they're lumping all sports in together for these purposes, and social distancing may be problematic with 4000 people in a stadium, for example, but the argument doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned: it doesn't take a genius amongst the powers that be to realise that there's a huge difference between the aforementioned stadium and a 250 acre outdoor race track.

Yes, I appreciate that all the football fans would be up in arms if we were allowed to go to race meetings but they weren't allowed to go to football matches. But my response to that would be to refer them to the above: use your common sense and accept the fact that there's a big difference between a semi-enclosed football stadium and a wide open 250 acre race circuit venue. Accept it, get over it and move on!

Admittedly, I recognise the flaw in this plan is probably expecting the average football fan to use their common-sense!
I agree.

I am a football fan and have no intention of going to see BHA in the flesh for a while yet . . . . but will probably go to a few non league games where I can standup, on the touchline . .much like an historic race meeting. as opposed to crammed in a stand in an uncomfortable seat, like F1!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4045274)   #328
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I agree.

I am a football fan and have no intention of going to see BHA in the flesh for a while yet . . . . but will probably go to a few non league games where I can standup, on the touchline . .much like an historic race meeting. as opposed to crammed in a stand in an uncomfortable seat, like F1!

But as I alluded to before, every sport feels that they are a special case, and can "police" the proper spacing of spectators, and yes, they possibly can. And as I also said, the government doesn't need to be lobbied by any interested parties, yet they are all at it. For example, Yorkshire Cricket Club have been begging the government to be made a special case, and they state that they can assure the authorities that it will be carefully monitored.

This way, everyone is treated the same, and there is no favouritism. And it's not the end of the world to have to wait a few more days to watch cars going around a track in person.

Stay safe everyone.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4045277)   #329
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
on R4 this morning some bloke from the Premier league was bleating on about safety being paramount, wanting to get fans back in the grounds, mentioning cricket rubby etc, but you could tell by his tone his underlying consideration was dosh. Understandable for most, but as a BHA supporter its patently clear 30000 bums on seats is small beer income wise, its all sponsorship and TV, how else do you fund 30 blokes on £50k a week
Old 12 Apr 2021, 08:02 (Ref:4045658)   #330
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula Ford Historic France has put out a press release to the effect that they are cancelling their races at Spa on 16-18 July as they are racing at Albi the week before & the financial commitment would be too much.
Old 12 Apr 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4045692)   #331
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
They are supposed to be at Paul Ricard on 11/13 June too.
Old 17 Apr 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4046397)   #332
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
New updated entry forms available on PA website (prices and covid related terms of sale), race by race or full season.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4047340)   #333
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
PA just cancelled Le rallye des Princesses (was 29 May/3 June). What a shame, I had great expectations!
Old 22 Apr 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4047344)   #334
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great Expectations? What the Dickens were you thinking?
Old 22 Apr 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4047347)   #335
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
To let you into the secret, I had something in mind. A bloke as mechanic during daytime and me, later, always happy to help and serve one of those wonderful ladies! La galanterie française se perd, it was the right moment to bring it back to center stage…
Old 22 Apr 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4047350)   #336
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
To let you into the secret, I had something in mind. A bloke as mechanic during daytime and me, later, always happy to help and serve one of those wonderful ladies! La galanterie française se perd, it was the right moment to bring it back to center stage…
You might meet the immobilier who sold me my house - he claimed to be involved with that event. Probably for the same reasons!
Old 22 Apr 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4047354)   #337
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone expecting to be at Brands on Sunday?
Old 22 Apr 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4047356)   #338
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
You might meet the immobilier who sold me my house - he claimed to be involved with that event. Probably for the same reasons!
Being a gentleman, sometimes, I wont tell you about the horrible nicknames of this event!
Old 23 Apr 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4047500)   #339
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We're still receiving updates about GP Historique de France 11/13 June, Le Castellet.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4048357)   #340
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
HSCC Silverstone International Trophy (May 22/23) open to spectators
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...ports-car-club
Old 29 Apr 2021, 08:23 (Ref:4048393)   #341
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
HSCC Silverstone International Trophy (May 22/23) open to spectators
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...ports-car-club
That's positive news from Silverstone. Numbered Grandstand seat at Luffield and roving in public areas. Will be interesting to see how far spectators are allowed to roam.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4048467)   #342
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If everything goes well, GP de France Historique will happen and may be with spectators. New offer for the F1 grid entrants, two weeks later they will be invited for a parade during the modern GP.
Wonder if the pair Werner Alesi will be invited to play the second leg of their now famous battle. Cant wait…
Old 29 Apr 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4048468)   #343
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A new grid has been added, Historic Formula 2, 1600or 2000, 1967/1978. And always the FJ's. Delta, interested in?
Old 29 Apr 2021, 21:23 (Ref:4048561)   #344
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A new grid has been added, Historic Formula 2, 1600or 2000, 1967/1978. And always the FJ's. Delta, interested in?
If I am told to go then I will. TBH I am not that bothered. Sorry.Much rather go to Dijon.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4048631)   #345
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain, I dont recommend to go to France. Stay safe in your area… Dijon peut bien attendre…
Old 30 Apr 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4048646)   #346
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This from Rachel Baily of Masters Historic Racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bailey
Thank you for your feedback to my recent email about the Grand Prix De France Historique at Paul Ricard, June 11/13. The good news is that we currently have enough entries throughout the five Masters grids due to take part for this important French event at the home of the F1 French Grand Prix.

Event Timetable Released
The provisional timetable for the event has now been released and is attached to this email for you.

French Lockdown Easing 4-Step Plan Announced
France announced its 4-step plan for easing its lockdown yesterday. The key date for this is event is the 9th June which will see borders re-opening using a pass sanitaire. The French timetable for easing lockdown is attached and you can find more information in English, including details on the pass sanitaire, at https://www.thelocal.fr/20210429/bre...nces-lockdown/

Update on Exemptions for those travelling back to the UK
We have been in further contact with Motorsport UK about the travel exemptions that will be available for this event to make your journeys easier. As the event is listed on the FIA International Calendar, drivers in any grids taking part are classified as ‘Elite’. The update from MSUK is that, providing France is not added to the UK government red list for travel, they will be able issue Domestic Elite travel exemptions for drivers and essential ancillary personnel for this event. We recommend you read about the MSUK Travel Exemption - you can find further information at https://www.motorsportuk.org/competi...-uk-exemption/ and the application form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...eSsDw/viewform.

In addition to the above, we keenly await the UK Governments update on how International Travel will resume after 17th May.

As always, any questions, please let us know,
Old 6 May 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4049984)   #347
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
GPH de France last provisional time table:
https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...Projet%206.pdf
Old 10 May 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4050853)   #348
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
For those having any interest in PA series, the Mustangs entered in the HTC series are allowed to be fitted with the brand new Yoko Advan A052. Its getting more and more difficult to find suitable tyres in 13" (Capris, Escorts) as was the case in 14" (BMW). May be its the right time to discuss about equivalence in height/overall diameter from 13" to 15" for example. Just a thought.
Old 17 May 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4052023)   #349
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No official entry list at GPH de F so far but with fifty five HFF this grid is well supported.
Old 29 May 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4053779)   #350
raspritz
Rookie

raspritz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FJ entry list at Paul Ricard was 23 as of a few days ago.