Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 2 Jul 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3429330)   #26
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Not knocking the 2K cup but the winners in this category are all spending way more each weekend they race, than they would in a SARS ute, and no television or any media coverage for their efforts.
Quote:
Granted the entry level is much higher in the SARS ute because you are buying/leasing a brand new vehicle that has a long useful life after racing, but both categories offer genuinely low running costs which attracts more people into our sport and that has to be a good thing.
Hang on... You said it was cheaper to run a SARS ute than a 2K cup car... So what are the figures?? Lets have an honest comparison as flying duck seems to know what it costs for a 2k Cup car...

Also interested to know if there is any franchise fee payable to compete in the series and/or if they have the crazy rule that prevents you from using the vehicle you purchased when & where you want to use it

Also intrigued what the "long useful life after racing" involves? As they don't seem to be Rego'd & with their lack of pace I sure as hell can't see them being snapped up to use in other Series' or as club racers after SARS is gone.

Lastly re: the 3hr DNF's, thx for clarifying, all i was going off was the Mylaps results which showed them as DNF's in the 3hr race.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3429595)   #27
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ssangyong Actyon Racing Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Hang on... You said it was cheaper to run a SARS ute than a 2K cup car... So what are the figures?? Lets have an honest comparison as flying duck seems to know what it costs for a 2k Cup car... We believe that the two sets of new tyre's and rims that come standard within the cars $30K cost will do all six championship events, the cost of one set of brake pads all-round is less than $500, and in the 1 hour races the utes used 40 of petrol

Also interested to know if there is any franchise fee payable to compete in the series and/or if they have the crazy rule that prevents you from using the vehicle you purchased when & where you want to use it There is no restrictions were the SARS utes can compete. the REC [Racing Entitlement Contract] does not have any draconian form of requirements, save adhering to our technical rules and the consequence of not doing so.

Also intrigued what the "long useful life after racing" involves? As they don't seem to be Rego'd & with their lack of pace I sure as hell can't see them being snapped up to use in other Series' or as club racers after SARS is gone. The vehicle can either be put back on the road via the low volume certification process or simply used as a farm vehicle with a flat deck etc.

Lastly re: the 3hr DNF's, thx for clarifying, all i was going off was the Mylaps results which showed them as DNF's in the 3hr race.[/QUOTE]
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3429602)   #28
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a new acronym is required as SARS was (and still is) a potential lethal virus laying latent at the moment
Old 2 Jul 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3429642)   #29
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Maybe a new acronym is required as SARS was (and still is) a potential lethal virus laying latent at the moment
Symptoms include fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and poor appetite; nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Is it possible to prevent SARS?
Frequent hand washing with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, avoiding close contact with sick people.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3429651)   #30
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Symptoms include fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and poor appetite; nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Is it possible to prevent SARS?
Frequent hand washing with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, avoiding close contact with sick people.
Hmmmmmm thanks JK, some pondering to do over the next few days, wee need a catchy acronym as Ssangyong Actyon Racing is a mouthful in anybodies language. Any suggestion's anybody?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3429667)   #31
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actyon Racing sounds good but my vote goes for
Actyon Racing Ssangyong Experience, So ARSE.

Tongue firmly in cheek there, keep it simple is all I say.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3429668)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Any suggestion's anybody?
This could be a lot of fun... Remember this is a family forum!
Old 3 Jul 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3429777)   #33
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Is that Christina Aguilera or Christina Applegate? I'd pay to see either of them drive, frankly...
I'd pay either of them for ... oh, sorry, it's a family show (eh Woolley)

Last edited by on_to_it; 3 Jul 2014 at 06:45.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3429786)   #34
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Hmmmmmm thanks JK, some pondering to do over the next few days, wee need a catchy acronym as Ssangyong Actyon Racing is a mouthful in anybodies language. Any suggestion's anybody?
Ssangyong Actyon Ute Competition Experience!

SAUCE!

Last edited by on_to_it; 3 Jul 2014 at 07:13.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3429793)   #35
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheap
racing
pathetic
poxy
yutes
Old 3 Jul 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3429830)   #36
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
cheap
racing
pathetic
poxy
yutes
I would expect no less from you SJ, you didnt dissapoint me at all, bait the hook and watch the bottom dwellers circle in for the 'kill'
Old 3 Jul 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3429847)   #37
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
I would expect no less from you SJ, you didnt dissapoint me at all, bait the hook and watch the bottom dwellers circle in for the 'kill'
am happy to live up to your expectations, Mark.
am also extremely happy that your behaviour has hit me in the pocket........ again!
hope you sleep well each night, safe in the knowledge, that us bottom dwellers are victims of the sharks in their endeavours.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3430122)   #38
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RUNZ

Racing Utes New Zealand
Old 4 Jul 2014, 02:19 (Ref:3430129)   #39
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Actyon Racing sounds good but my vote goes for
Actyon Racing Ssangyong Experience, So ARSE.

Tongue firmly in cheek there, keep it simple is all I say.

Hmmmmm, not sure Rick would go for that!

But thanks to several PM's and phone call's I have received over the last 2 days, and one in particular, from one of our young ute drivers in fact, we have adopted a new name and acronym going forward.

Hence forth the name of our Series will be know as the "SSangyong Racing Series" the acronym for which is obviously "SRS"
Old 4 Jul 2014, 03:55 (Ref:3430141)   #40
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
Hence forth the name of our Series will be know as the "SSangyong Racing Series" the acronym for which is obviously "SRS"

Hmm.. Sudden Repulsion Syndrome (SRS).
"It can leave you feeling desperate for the nearest, available, emergency exit. And while there is no cure for early onset SRS..."

Not kidding.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 04:16 (Ref:3430147)   #41
zenatello
Rookie

zenatello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can just see it now, history repeating itself. Drivers, car owners,sponsors,officials,volunteers all walking around holding their heads yelling out " I've been Petched"

Good luck to them. Free tall poppies to all
Old 4 Jul 2014, 04:43 (Ref:3430152)   #42
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wondering I asked before but it got lost in other discussions what sort of lap time should these utes do round Hamptons?

Whens the 1st round going to be and do they race nationwide?
Is there a internet site for them?

Cheers in advance, Good Luck to all the SRS teams competing at manfield.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 05:26 (Ref:3430158)   #43
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess a few more won't hurt

Medical:
Sex reassignment surgery (initialized as SRS; also known as gender reassignment surgery (GRS), genital reconstruction surgery, sex affirmation surgery.

Automotive:
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag

Forestry:
http://www.srs.co.nz/
Old 4 Jul 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3430271)   #44
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess any acronym can have unfortunate connections, there's only so many sets of initials to go around. There are many examples of something perfectly alright in one language being extremely rude in another.

I do remember a discussion around the time of the original SARS outbreak (how can something be described as 'severe' and 'acute'? Medically it's one or the other). So we decided there should be an international body set up to allocate them. We also decided it should be called the 'World Acronym Nomination Council'. NZ would obviously be in the Eastern Region (South).
Old 4 Jul 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3430397)   #45
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Old 4 Jul 2014, 22:45 (Ref:3430419)   #46
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
We also decided it should be called the 'World Acronym Nomination Council'. NZ would obviously be in the Eastern Region (South).
Oh, that's very good.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3430783)   #47
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Having just come across the thread I'm intrigued-is there a website or a Facebook page for the series where we can find more info?

Not a fan of the marque but it's something different and if people are enjoying it then good on em
Old 6 Jul 2014, 06:19 (Ref:3430790)   #48
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Having just come across the thread I'm intrigued-is there a website or a Facebook page for the series where we can find more info?

Not a fan of the marque but it's something different and if people are enjoying it then good on em

There will be a SRS facebook page in the very near future, when its up I will post the link in this thread.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3430834)   #49
smokin'joe
Veteran

SRS(LY) LOL ROTFLMAO
Old 28 Jul 2014, 06:36 (Ref:3439164)   #50
JamesK
Racer

ex V8ST web site.
SsangYong utes, "The category will run in the Super Series as major support to NZ's premier motor racing category, the BNT V8 SuperTourers."
then,
"V8 SuperTourers and Hampton Downs Motorsport Park have come together to create the brand new event which is sponsored by the TR Group and will be an official round of the Hankook Super Series."

I don't see the SsangYong utes in the list of support classes, what's up ?