Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 May 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4050404)   #201
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't even a superspeedway

https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Trucks/st...n-truck-win%2F
Old 21 May 2021, 02:12 (Ref:4052478)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This weekend could be entertaining, Cup and Busch, and Trucks, at COTA with Super Trofeo. Interesting to see how much faster the Lamborghinis will be than Cup as the undercard

Yes, the rain tires are ready to go and on site. White sidewalls with 5 sets for Cup 3 for practice, 5 total for Busch and 4 in race, Trucks 4 sets with 3 in race. 40% rain Friday, 50% Sat and 40% Sunday so there's a chance.

And just for the fun of it trackside, Lamborghini practice starts at 7 am Saturday morning

Last edited by broadrun96; 21 May 2021 at 02:27.
Old 22 May 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4052711)   #203
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
This weekend could be entertaining, Cup and Busch, and Trucks, at COTA with Super Trofeo. Interesting to see how much faster the Lamborghinis will be than Cup as the undercard

Yes, the rain tires are ready to go and on site. White sidewalls with 5 sets for Cup 3 for practice, 5 total for Busch and 4 in race, Trucks 4 sets with 3 in race. 40% rain Friday, 50% Sat and 40% Sunday so there's a chance.

And just for the fun of it trackside, Lamborghini practice starts at 7 am Saturday morning
Watcha talking about. Super Trefeo is the main event :-) NASCAR Cup is also a single make series too under fake stying decals.
Old 22 May 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4052712)   #204
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh, it's raining at COTA for Cup practice. Trucks and Busch to run later in the rainy day
Old 22 May 2021, 19:01 (Ref:4052756)   #205
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If the Trucks race is a preview of Cup don't waste your time. No one is staying within an area code of the track at multiple corners, and they can't drive for sh
Old 23 May 2021, 20:24 (Ref:4052974)   #206
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR in the rain is like watching other motorsports racing in the rain in the 90's & 00's. Formula 1, for example, is so extremely nannyfied in the rain these days. This Cup race is like the 2003 F1 race at Interlagos.
Old 23 May 2021, 21:45 (Ref:4052992)   #207
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I just can't stand the crying from some drivers. I used to like Harvick but damn man, really? Admit you just can't drive in the rain instead of pretending it's all the series and the cars. From Racer: “We don’t have any business being out in the rain, period,” said Harvick. “All I can say is this is the worst decision that we’ve ever made in our sport that I’ve been a part of, and I’ve never felt more unsafe in my whole racing career, period.”

I just wish NASCAR believed in track limits at all, watching them drive off track to downtown Austin to make the corner makes them look pathetic.
Old 23 May 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4052994)   #208
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, talk about a close call between the Busch brothers!

I'm guessing we'll see a caution in a few mins either for another big wreck or for the rain. It's raining quite hard now and the backstretch seems rather sketchy.

Edit - and as I type the above, the caution flag flies.
Old 23 May 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4052995)   #209
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I hate Kurt Busch but that was some hella rain driving and keeping the yellow from coming out. Kept it moving through the gravel, spun in the grass and back out along the grass edge of the gravel to return to the track. Well done sir, well done
Old 23 May 2021, 22:17 (Ref:4052996)   #210
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well that should end it, BTW Nascar that isn't a lot of standing water, you just have junk rains compared to Michelin. Guys seem to be driving as deep in the corner as the dry at times and then miss the corner.

Let's see how many wreck or slide off with hydroplaning at 25 in the rain
Old 23 May 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4052999)   #211
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Either the cars are too heavy and unwieldy, the drivers are useless or the tyres suck. Or maybe all three.

Wet yes, but I've seen a lot lot wetter - Le Mans some years ago comes to mind, I developed webbed feet.
Old 23 May 2021, 23:31 (Ref:4053002)   #212
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Heavy yes, useless some, and tires, well they didn't seem to do that well. We've seen a few races in the pouring rain at COTA without the hydroplaning issues in other series.

Cup cars are 3400lbs with fuel and driver, 750hp

GTE 2795 minimums before BOP, 500-650 Ive seen quoted

GT3 2650-2850 depending on homologation, 500-600 it appears

It would appear a decent 500-750 lbs on GT cars but I think Michelins help for some of the rain running. It also appears the GT guys understand ride height in the rain, was watching plenty of front air dams blowing through puddles and making a giant spray. Can't help them getting water out from under the car being too low too.

REALLY wish they would address the off track excursions before rain running, every series if there's pavement they'll run on it. The Glen is TERRIBLE with that. Would love to see them try to go wide at Road Atlanta, nothing outside the curbs to use there.
Old 24 May 2021, 01:44 (Ref:4053024)   #213
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When they were racing I quite enjoyed that. I’m not as bothered. It annoyed and then I just let it wash over me.

I’m going to guess the tires are pretty crap.
Old 24 May 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4053046)   #214
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I watched the onboard footage from Joey Logano for a while, even though I'm no fan the lad does have talent in my opinion.

Where there was a wide run off he used every inch, very deliberate gentle steering letting the car run wide. He was late and gentle on the throttle too: looked pretty much like he knew there was zero point in trying to hustle the car and went with the old lady going to the shops driving style. Braking was probably early everywhere but looking for markers from the roof top camera was tricky.

It looked slow and it wasn't interesting to watch, though was clearly effective as he ran well.
Old 25 May 2021, 00:27 (Ref:4053251)   #215
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shout out to Kyle Tilley finished 31st on his Nascar debut, came through the Castle Combe FF1600 championship, then Britcar. Cant imagine many drivers took that route to Nascar.
Old 25 May 2021, 01:43 (Ref:4053257)   #216
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant
Old 31 May 2021, 00:10 (Ref:4053995)   #217
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This Coke 600 has to be the worst Nascar race ive seen. The only action is the first 3 laps after a restart. Honestly whats happened to this sport? Very little seems to happen on oval races these days outside of Superspeedway.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4054268)   #218
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think the old tweaking of the rules and the car went out and with it some of the success. Most of the guys everyone remembers fondly were massaging every inch of the car and often well outside the rules. It seems like a couple drivers, who weren't like the older guys and different, came in and that was suddenly and abruptly cheating in a matter of a few seasons. The near identical cars and a gnat's eyelash of variation means there's little chance of guys who get it wrong getting it back. And it seems driving and feeling the car is lost, the crews need the lap after lap and tweak the car in practice. Feels like the guys that guess best, or have the best page in the book for the day, can run away with it. And well Hendrick has a pretty thick book. Unless you read Racer in which case they're nothing but cheaters and nothing like the old guys who woulda run them out for cheating so much.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 23:20 (Ref:4055021)   #219
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just paid attention to today's race. Somewhat enjoyable through mostly radio relaxing, smoking cigar while grilling. Then eating a steak to try and watch a finish that's not nonsense.

This last caution is compete and utter bullshit. Car got moving after the field went through. This race should be over. I'm turning it off, even if it gives Chase a chance. Get your shyte together, NASCAR. You're not fooling anyone. This hasn't been racing in a while!
Old 7 Jun 2021, 00:45 (Ref:4055031)   #220
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I saw it was a road course today and after 5 min my desire to watch was gone. Some is the track, never been a fan of it on tv. Fun track to run in Forza but watching as always been dull. But Cup MUCH better than Indy cars on it.

Everyone's favorite idiot on the internet racing game driver won over the bells on a Sunday evening in the mountains.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4056279)   #221
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Loool is this going to be good? Let’s hope so…

Track temp is 62.7 degrees Celsius

Last edited by tux; 13 Jun 2021 at 22:01.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4057915)   #222
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Jeff Gordon is leaving the broadcast booth with Fox and has been named Vice Chairman of Hendrick Motorsports.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 23:26 (Ref:4057927)   #223
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Jeff Gordon is leaving the broadcast booth with Fox and has been named Vice Chairman of Hendrick Motorsports.
Rick Hendrick is getting up there in years. You think Jeff Gordon is the sucessor to be the point man of the team?
Old 24 Jun 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4057983)   #224
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wish him the best of luck. I’ve always like Jeff, really great ambassador for the sport
Old 1 Jul 2021, 01:48 (Ref:4059107)   #225
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Somewhat major news for Cup, Ganassi leaving Nascar and selling to Justin Marks and Trackhouse at the end of the season.

https://racer.com/2021/06/30/ganassi...khouse-racing/