Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Apr 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4046673)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
He's looking good at the moment, but there is still a long way to go. I do think he can win the title, he's got it in him
Old 19 Apr 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4046688)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
We’ll see if Fabio continues this form, can’t think of a reason for him not to. He has been at it long enough to know what to do and he’s already a winner coming into the season
Old 19 Apr 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4046694)   #123
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He's looking good at the moment, but there is still a long way to go. I do think he can win the title, he's got it in him
Agreed that he still has it in him, however he will still be a fair number of points off the leader but of course it hasn't been the same guy winning so far this season. All "ifs n buts" just like a lot of championships I suppose.
The main problem with Marquez as we all know is that he pushes his luck to the crash limit and he has got away with it for years until last year. When he has another off (that he certainly will do this year) I just hope that he doesn't re-damage his arm as that will end his career.
Shame about Sam Lowes it was a "you can't win it on the first lap scenario" as far as I was concerned, but that's easy for us "sofa racing experts" to say.
As for Moto 3 that 16 year old is certainly mature beyond his age and hopefully he will continue to make the rest of the field wonder how he is doing it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Apr 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4046724)   #124
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he did the double last year at Jerez .. and he's favorite this year i'm sure

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Apr 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4046725)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

He’s always been there or thereabouts, he has done a great job in the past. No reason he can’t be champion this year
Old 19 Apr 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4046748)   #126
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He’s always been there or thereabouts, he has done a great job in the past. No reason he can’t be champion this year
I wonder if it's worth putting a couple of bob on him ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Apr 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4046749)   #127
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
he did the double last year at Jerez .. and he's favorite this year i'm sure
Who ?
Old 19 Apr 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4046772)   #128
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems that a gearbox gremlin is at the origin of Zarco crash.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 20:58 (Ref:4046802)   #129
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Who ?
Fabio QUARTARARO
Old 19 Apr 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4046806)   #130
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The young Acosta in Moto3 is going to be fun to watch working his way through the ranks, what a talent. Agreed about Lowes, he was just too over anxious to regain the places he lost at the start, easy to say but he would have been much better to settle down in 4th/5th and work his way forward over the 23 laps.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4046808)   #131
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Fabio QUARTARARO
Sorry yes, I thought we were still talking about MM
I definitely agree about Quartararo, when he's on it he is like Lorenzo was at Yamaha. The thing is that he seemed to lose it after about half season last year but of course Suzuki stepped up to the mark as well.
I would think that being one of the top works riders this year will give him that edge and be more determined to be the one to beat
Old 21 Apr 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4047098)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

You do wonder if Marquez will be back to his best, especially now others seem to have taken over.

For me this is Fabio’s big chance. He certainly had it in him always, but didn’t always have the machinery, especially compared to others

He will have tough opposition in Vinales, but the champion killer instinct means he can win it
Old 22 Apr 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4047227)   #133
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I definitely agree about Quartararo, when he's on it he is like Lorenzo was at Yamaha. The thing is that he seemed to lose it after about half season last year but of course Suzuki stepped up to the mark as well.
Agreed, fully. If he remains away from french journalists it will be easier for him to keeping calm, focused and determined as you say. Good thing is he can share the french media useless and constant pressure with Zarco.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 22:31 (Ref:4048370)   #134
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Pramac Ducati has revealed that injured rookie star Jorge Martin is not expected to return to MotoGP action until Mugello.

That means Martin, who suffered multiple fractures in a huge Saturday practice accident in Portimao, will not only miss this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix - where he is confirmed as being replaced by Tito Rabat - but also the following French Grand Prix at Le Mans on May 14-16.

The Italian round is then scheduled to take place on May 28-30.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4048400)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

Not surprised, that was quite a big crash. He will need time to recover from that. At least he should return in good time, rather than miss out the rest of the season. It's not the end of the world. Let's see what Rabat does in his place. Hopefully he gets enough points for the team

Shame Martin has to miss a couple of rounds, but hope he's back in time for Mugello, so it's not so bad