Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 22 Jun 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4116647)   #91
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Now confirmed, with Butel just missing Croft for 'personal reasons'.
I’ll find it highly amusing if he out performs Chilton.

Tom Chilton running out of excuses for me, he’s been very poor these last few years - BTC Racing, Cicely and now Excelr8 and decent cars all of them at his disposal.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4116649)   #92
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think most people find it highly amusing when Chilton is soundly beaten. I can't see him wasting Daddy's money playing racing driver for much longer, given his recent performances.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4116651)   #93
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
I’ll find it highly amusing if he out performs Chilton.

Tom Chilton running out of excuses for me, he’s been very poor these last few years - BTC Racing, Cicely and now Excelr8 and decent cars all of them at his disposal.
I'd love him to score a few points, not sure how easy it'll with one weekend in the car though. Can't do any worse than Butel

Yeah, it seems every year we're saying the same about Chilton. Think he has a two or multi year deal with Excerl8, which points to him sticking around a while longer - of course, we know contracts don't always come to pass!
Old 22 Jun 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4116652)   #94
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I think most people find it highly amusing when Chilton is soundly beaten. I can't see him wasting Daddy's money playing racing driver for much longer, given his recent performances.
Not me . Why should I get a kick out of anybody's misfortune or is schadenfreude your thing ? What do you expect the lad to do - retire and get dad to give you the money instead ?

Motor racing is expensive and it always leaves a bitter taste that drivers like Chilton get so much flak. Fans of successful drivers from well off families - Hailwood , Moss , Norris , Seaman - don't seem too troubled about the fact that none of them would have got near a racing car or bike without family help. Crikey , it's only a BTCC drive ,why on earth shouldn't Mr Chilton spend his money how he likes ?
Old 22 Jun 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4116661)   #95
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read through this from page 1.

Some pretty poor speculation about Lloyd. Why bother? All you have to do is watch his YouTube channel.

Looks like there is some “knowledgeable” fans on here never mind Croft.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4116663)   #96
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
they wouldnt make an offical announcement until the teams decide when they want to announce something
Probably to coincide with a sponsor promotional activity or simply at a convenient time for maximum publicity. When the time is ripe Minister.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4116664)   #97
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new lap record!redshoes is going for a new lap record!redshoes is going for a new lap record!redshoes is going for a new lap record!redshoes is going for a new lap record!redshoes is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Just read through this from page 1.

Some pretty poor speculation about Lloyd. Why bother? All you have to do is watch his YouTube channel.

Looks like there is some “knowledgeable” fans on here never mind Croft.
Are you referring to the video he posted where he discussed the repair bill? Check the date on the speculation you are referring to and the date the video was posted. "All you have to do is watch his YouTube channel" for a video that didn't exist yet
Old 22 Jun 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4116665)   #98
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Not me . Why should I get a kick out of anybody's misfortune or is schadenfreude your thing ? What do you expect the lad to do - retire and get dad to give you the money instead ?

Motor racing is expensive and it always leaves a bitter taste that drivers like Chilton get so much flak. Fans of successful drivers from well off families - Hailwood , Moss , Norris , Seaman - don't seem too troubled about the fact that none of them would have got near a racing car or bike without family help. Crikey , it's only a BTCC drive ,why on earth shouldn't Mr Chilton spend his money how he likes ?
Absolutely. Sour grapes is usually behind the moans of a driver having access to a few quid even if he's not the best. Money talks. And Tom's a genuinely nice lad if you ever get a chance to meet him.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4116669)   #99
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Great that both Colin and Dan will be back out. Colin was looking more likely, there were a lot of question marks over Dan due to his minor injuries, so it's a nice surprise he's all clear for the weekend
I think his budget has taken more of a beating than he has....
Old 23 Jun 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4116689)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Best of luck to Boardley and Gornall this weekend. Boardley definitely improved in the Infiniti, so should do alright. Gornall deserves another chance after a decent debut season in 2020. Even if it is only for one weekend
Old 23 Jun 2022, 09:16 (Ref:4116695)   #101
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post

I agree 100%. It's rather a low point for anyone to be happy about someone else's 'misfortune' (or whatever we call it) but I've forgotten how envious people can be.
Anyway, Chilton's had a terrible time recently but still it has to remembered he was not at all a bad driver. Even at BTC he could at least be on a podium a few times and in earlier years was winning races not only in the BTCC but also WTCC. If he was just a rich kid and amateur he wouldn't have accomplished any of that.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4116707)   #102
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I agree 100%. It's rather a low point for anyone to be happy about someone else's 'misfortune' (or whatever we call it) but I've forgotten how envious people can be.
Anyway, Chilton's had a terrible time recently but still it has to remembered he was not at all a bad driver. Even at BTC he could at least be on a podium a few times and in earlier years was winning races not only in the BTCC but also WTCC. If he was just a rich kid and amateur he wouldn't have accomplished any of that.
Absolutely - Tom has had some great results over the years. I really hoped his 3rd place finish in 2018 meant he would be fighting at the pointy end again, but he has slipped further and further back instead. It is a real shame as he is a proper professional and is able to get good media coverage for the series.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 14:35 (Ref:4116708)   #103
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Short answer - £££

Long answer. Ciceley have purchased their cars, so they are no longer connected to the WSR entry.
The MB car is to a certain extent a separate entry. The reduced BMW branding means that there would need to be agreement from MB to run the car under the team BMW banner. MB would potentially (and justifiably) cut their support if WSR did that.
Which means they are (for all intents and purposes) budgeted as a 2-car entry.

So if you are budgeting to run 2 cars, building a spare makes little sense.

A few days ago you raised a concern that a reduction in backing from BMW would see Turkington without a drive. But you also don't understand why they haven't allocated budget for a spare car? Maybe they would have one if they budgeted less for their lead driver?
What was the 3rd car Cicely teased last year? Did that turn out to be the TOCA RWD Hybrid test mule?

To be fair, I am surprised that WSR doesn't have even a basic shell prepped and sat in the corner of a workshop given their BMW backing and being a supplier to Cicely.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4116710)   #104
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
No team has a dedicated spare chassis. There may be a few teams who have older/obsolete chassis laying around, but that's not really the same thing.

How often in recent years has anyone actually been in a position to need a spare car?
I guess Motorbase do with an extra one running at Goodwood this weekend?
Old 23 Jun 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4116711)   #105
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
Scotland
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a 3 series shell at WSR, not sure if it’ll have progressed any since this article

http://www.speedhunters.com/2022/05/...surrey-racing/