Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Apr 2021, 06:36 (Ref:4045782)   #551
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More news from Ouest-France, a whole bowl of not good.

Like Saint-Saturnin Classic British Welcome, Le Virage de Mulsanne, Arnage in the Race, and Neuville in the Race, the Twinning Committee and the Town Hall of Ruaudin, co-organizers of the R'Hunaudières, believe that it is not reasonable to consider such an event this year .

+ 24 Hours of Le Mans. What animations are maintained?

In a statement, the organizers explain the reasons for this decision. To date, a large number of uncertainties persist for the month of next August as to the sanitary conditions of reception of the public and the level of security that will have to be deployed (high Vigipirate plan). The period of August also poses many questions to us in terms of the availability of all the actors of such an event: volunteers, car owners, exhibitors ... It is also, to date, impossible to consider whether the participants of the race will be authorized to leave the enclosure of the circuit to take part in the animations organized during the week (principle of sanitary bubble). It is the same for a large number of guests who could show a form of reluctance to come and meet the public..
Old 13 Apr 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4045791)   #552
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
More news from Ouest-France, a whole bowl of not good.
I was fearing the worst when I read this. I think if anyone is lucky enough to attend this year they will be expecting the bare minimum.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4045792)   #553
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
It is also, to date, impossible to consider whether the participants of the race will be authorized to leave the enclosure of the circuit to take part in the animations organized during the week (principle of sanitary bubble).
This is the most worrying part for me. Are they really suggesting that if we're allowed in, we'll not be allowed out?
Old 13 Apr 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4045801)   #554
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
This is the most worrying part for me. Are they really suggesting that if we're allowed in, we'll not be allowed out?
I think it's just saying realistically drivers/teams would be bubbled up and unlikely to be able to go to external events and mix with the great unwashed.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4045802)   #555
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes it suggests behind closed doors again this year.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4045804)   #556
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps while we are there in our village bubbles if nothing happening on track, the ACO could show appropriate films on the big screens, suggestions could be Colditz, the great escape, any others?
Old 13 Apr 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4045816)   #557
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amusing idea, but not a great deal of comfort.....
Old 13 Apr 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4045850)   #558
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
4pm local start time too compared to 2.30pm last year.

I think it was essentially 11 hours of full dark last year. Would it be an hour or so less in mid-August?
You gain/lose about 3 minutes per day of daylight either side of the longest day.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4045856)   #559
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Dave is right about the 3 minutes.
There will be 10.04hrs between sunset and sunrise during this year's race:
https://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/e...ns/2021/august
Old 13 Apr 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4045864)   #560
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to finish off the comparison

Original 2020 date of June would have seen 8h02m of night.
The amended 2020 date of September saw 11h43m of night.
The 2021 date of August will see 10h04m of night.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4045865)   #561
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks very much for that.. I suspect that the word 'see' will not be in reality......
Old 13 Apr 2021, 15:06 (Ref:4045870)   #562
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another big topic is the whether the so often banned word, will be banned this year, unlike last year.
Old 13 Apr 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4045871)   #563
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I really ought to stay true to my philosophy on this Mathias. With so many things banned and locked down, I think 'the word that shall not be spoken' ought to be re-banned with last year considered to be an aberration.....
Old 13 Apr 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4045872)   #564
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if the worse happens and we are not there to watch/camp/sunbathe then whatever the weather throws at the race will add to the excitement as we watch from were ever we happen to be.
Old 14 Apr 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4045935)   #565
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If only there were some jobs going at the restaurants and cafes by the circuit
Old 15 Apr 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4046055)   #566
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think I really ought to stay true to my philosophy on this Mathias. With so many things banned and locked down, I think 'the word that shall not be spoken' ought to be re-banned with last year considered to be an aberration.....

Is there a jab against it?
Old 15 Apr 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4046056)   #567
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Reminds me very much of Fawlty Towers' "don't mention the war"
Old 15 Apr 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4046071)   #568
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Is there a jab against it?
I think there should be. Hopefully someone is researching it right now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Reminds me very much of Fawlty Towers' "don't mention the war"
Well you started it!
Old 15 Apr 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4046077)   #569
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ok I think the banned word is one think but i remember the years when it was so dry and hot it was pretty horrid with the dust, so a little of the banned stuff before we arrive to make the grass lush and the ground less than concrete is always nice. And yes there is already a sort of jab against it, here in britain we call it an umbrella
Old 15 Apr 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4046080)   #570
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And yes there is already a sort of jab against it, here in britain we call it an umbrella
Didn't that become a banned word too (U******a) when a certain Barbadian singer performed a song of the same name at a festival in the UK, and we ended up with one of the wettest summers on record?

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebr...r-1090920.html
Old 15 Apr 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4046088)   #571
S griffin
Veteran

Well the French did invent it
Old 15 Apr 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4046091)   #572
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well the French did invent it
But the best umbrella's were always made by Fox and co in london, in 1868 they invented the steel rib collapsible type that is in common use these days. My grandad carried one at all times even while touring the middle east early last century, i remember a picture of him in the sweltering heat in Jordon wearing a suit and still holding his umbrella with his coat neatly folded over his arm.

Last edited by GT6; 15 Apr 2021 at 14:53.
Old 15 Apr 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4046096)   #573
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mad Dogs and Englishmen.......
Old 15 Apr 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4046099)   #574
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Mad Dogs and Englishmen.......
Exactly, he was one of thomas cooks first customers for their tours, but refused to dress appropriately for the climate.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4047553)   #575
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
huis clos or NOT

From next week on, vaccinated people are entitled to attend sport events again in Hungary. Hotels, restaurants, reopen for individuals with vaccination card.
I have high hopes, that many country as they advance with their vaccination programne get to the same conclusion, and vaccinated people will be able to attend large events..