Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Mar 2018, 02:20 (Ref:3807849)   #1
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Supercars 2021 Media Rights

New media rights talks to start this year

Almost 3 years to go on the current deal

Will be interesting to see what happens
Old 14 Mar 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3807872)   #2
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
New media rights talks to start this year

Almost 3 years to go on the current deal

Will be interesting to see what happens
It will certainly be interesting to see what happens. I just feel they need more FTA coverage, with more extensive coverage at the major events with a tape delay of the minor rounds, rather than highlights for the SuperSprint rounds.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3807918)   #3
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt it'll be much different.

There is little incentive for the FTA networks to be any more interested than they were for the 2015 rights, and Foxtel will be willing to pay overs to ensure they have subscriber content.

The horse has bolted
Old 15 Mar 2018, 03:47 (Ref:3808089)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be interested to see if any of the FTA outlets put in any kind of substantial bid on a series that is staring at a bit of uncertainty that will ultimately effect a percentage of their fanbase.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3808123)   #5
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would any of them team up and split the series in two (broadcast wise) ?
Old 16 Mar 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3808255)   #6
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For FTA does it come down to how much is Bathurst worth?

The rest of the season probably doesn't matter to them.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 02:10 (Ref:3808263)   #7
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully Supercars will regain the rights to distribute a Review and Bathurst DVD or even make it available by download.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3808367)   #8
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next deal is going to have to include some form of streaming in 4k
Old 16 Mar 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3808441)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
The next deal is going to have to include some form of streaming in 4k
4k streaming is exceptionally unlikely to happen.

Streaming though would be good but I would expect like F1, that Foxtel would outbid/veto it.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 23:45 (Ref:3808448)   #10
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'd be great to pay for a 4K streaming package just to be constantly reminded how bad Malcolm Turnbull's broadband is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Streaming though would be good but I would expect like F1, that Foxtel would outbid/veto it.
NRL and AFL have streaming packages.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3808468)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
4k streaming is exceptionally unlikely to happen.

No idea and don't care what happens with Supercars but Foxtel won't be stopping F1 streaming when the next rights deal comes up.In every country where new F1 tv deals have come up for renewal this year-and there were over 40 of them with nearly all of them involving pay tv-a streaming option has been introduced.Although Liberty get a smaller amount when rights are not tv exclusive they are betting they can more than make this up from streaming subscriptions.An example of what will happen in Australia is Moto GP where Foxtel shows what is broadcast on the MotoGP.com site from meetings.
We will not be getting 4K streaming.Australia is condemned to a third world standard internet due to the political buffoons being in charge.Nothing can be done to fix that.We are stuffed in perpetuity.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3808761)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
No idea and don't care what happens with Supercars but Foxtel won't be stopping F1 streaming when the next rights deal comes up.
Hate to tell you this mate but Supercars aint F1.

Foxtel says here's 200 million bucks, geoblock your streaming, that's what happens.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 02:51 (Ref:3808767)   #13
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Foxtel says here's 200 million bucks, geoblock your streaming, that's what happens.
Read my post.I said at the start I couldn't care less about Supercars.I was just correcting your statement re F1.Wouldnt worry me if there was no coverage of any sort for Supercars.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3808769)   #14
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Liberty Media (and other sports promoters) will eventually cut out the middle men.

Foxtel is only a delivery mechanism. When Liberty (and Supercars) can deliver the content themselves why involve Foxtel at all?

Direct subscription is the way forward. Perhaps not in time for the next rights but certainly the one after.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 03:49 (Ref:3808780)   #15
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Liberty Media (and other sports promoters) will eventually cut out the middle men.

Foxtel is only a delivery mechanism. When Liberty (and Supercars) can deliver the content themselves why involve Foxtel at all?

Direct subscription is the way forward. Perhaps not in time for the next rights but certainly the one after.
Foxtel themselves recognise this and have recently started to position themselves as an aggregated delivery mechanism.They are close to concluding an agreement to put Netflix in their content.I think for a long time to come there will be a place for them as a delivery mechanism.This is particularly so in Australia with our retarded third world Internet.News Limited did all they could to help successfully bring down the Labor government to protect their own commercial interests in this regard.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 04:12 (Ref:3808782)   #16
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
outside the square

By 2021 will the 4 horsemen be players?
.. some observers use the Four Horsemen to refer to Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google, the online streamers causing devastation to traditional media and retail shopping

See the cricket rights with submissions due by Easter:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...04-h0d9e5.html
Old 18 Mar 2018, 07:01 (Ref:3808798)   #17
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
By 2021 will the 4 horsemen be players?
.. some observers use the Four Horsemen to refer to Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google, the online streamers causing devastation to traditional media and retail shopping

See the cricket rights with submissions due by Easter:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...04-h0d9e5.html
The issue in Australia is the technical inadequacy of the NBN.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3808803)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
why would anyone want to be on NBN or its tieing you to a wall equivalent in 2021

I want my streaming live where ever i am, I dont want to be handcuffed to a location
Old 18 Mar 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3808964)   #19
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Facing the reality of connecting ... not happy Jan.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 05:04 (Ref:3809031)   #20
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Facing the reality of connecting ... not happy Jan.
You have 18 months from NBN becoming available until your old connections are deactivated.Use all of it.If problems occur you are now allowed to revert to old network if you already tied yourself to the turkey.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3809037)   #21
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
From first hand experience, I couldn't agree more. The information superhighway is a dusty old road in Australia.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3809105)   #22
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I want my streaming live where ever i am, I dont want to be handcuffed to a location
That's nice, but mobile towers become congested more easily compared to a dedicated fixed line. Mobile data might seem good in principle, it's a real problem when lots of users are concentrated in one area.

<off topic> The CVC congestion created by the NBN's pricing structure is, on the other hand, artificial and could easily be eliminated by changing NBN's wholesale pricing structure.</off topic>
Old 19 Mar 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3809177)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You have 18 months from NBN becoming available until your old connections are deactivated.Use all of it.If problems occur you are now allowed to revert to old network if you already tied yourself to the turkey.
June 2019 at the earliest for me... my 10+ year old ADSL router will gave to suffice for now, although not looking forward to having the paved footpaths, the street torn up to put the wires down...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Mar 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3809188)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
That's nice, but mobile towers become congested more easily compared to a dedicated fixed line. Mobile data might seem good in principle, it's a real problem when lots of users are concentrated in one area.

<off topic> The CVC congestion created by the NBN's pricing structure is, on the other hand, artificial and could easily be eliminated by changing NBN's wholesale pricing structure.</off topic>
But your thinking about current technology, Not the technology that is coming. 5G is coming

And we can always build more towers
Old 20 Mar 2018, 01:03 (Ref:3809239)   #25
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
June 2019 at the earliest for me... my 10+ year old ADSL router will gave to suffice for now, although not looking forward to having the paved footpaths, the street torn up to put the wires down...
If only footpaths being torn up was the only or even biggest problem.