Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 4 Aug 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3285606)   #16
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually guys I think Mark was really making reference to the fact that it will depend on the cars owners at the time (not me). In other words I took it as that he will not be owning the car when it is raced as opposed as to who owns it at this present point in time for he has made it quite clear to all and sundry that he will not be running a race team in the future of this category.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3285610)   #17
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
going by this post.. you can see what BP was getting at
Fair comment. In hindsight I should have said "new owners"

The Hyundai was a "skunk-works" project that Paul Ceprnich and I dreamt up, in order to introduce a third brand to the mix. I financed the project with the intention of finding an interested third party to own and run the car, and that is still my objective.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3285897)   #18
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Who owns the beautiful I45, Mark? We've largely been lead to believe that it was you all along, so this is a surprise.

So you must have missed this post (insert Tui advert here), or were quite happy to lead people down the garden path then....
Old 4 Aug 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3285900)   #19
CDM
Racer

So where are all the other cars anyway? Didn't the initial Series hype say all the cars/franchises were purchased? (24 from memory?)

The last couple of rounds have only seen 19 cars start. The 2nd International car has been sitting idle with obviously no-one wanting to buy or lease it, the Huyndai is apparently in the same boat. The other car (Ninkranz?) I'm sure was seen testing months ago yet no appearance... which also leaves two 'sold' franchises unaccounted for... Have these guys walked away from them or what??

On the other side I see that MRX have now sold another chassis, so although they are still low in numbers at least they are heading the right way...
Old 5 Aug 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3285911)   #20
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
So where are all the other cars anyway? Didn't the initial Series hype say all the cars/franchises were purchased? (24 from memory?)

The last couple of rounds have only seen 19 cars start. The 2nd International car has been sitting idle with obviously no-one wanting to buy or lease it, the Huyndai is apparently in the same boat. The other car (Ninkranz?) I'm sure was seen testing months ago yet no appearance... which also leaves two 'sold' franchises unaccounted for... Have these guys walked away from them or what??

On the other side I see that MRX have now sold another chassis, so although they are still low in numbers at least they are heading the right way...

Has there been another round since the Maverick car went testing? THe rounds are months apart, so "Not racing since testing months ago" doesn't mean a lot.

The Int. Motorsport car, perhaps there is a high cost involved in leasing from them that is the problem? Probably quite a few interested in doing it, but if Int Motorsport and a potential driver can't strike a price they agree on, the car won't move. As far as i'm aware all 24 were never labelled as sold, I thought the number was 22, and there are 22 cars out there (Maverick, Int Msport II and Hyundai being MIA at the moment).
Old 5 Aug 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3285916)   #21
CDM
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Has there been another round since the Maverick car went testing? THe rounds are months apart, so "Not racing since testing months ago" doesn't mean a lot.
I knew it had a funny name....I just found 'Maverick Motorsport Group' on facebook & the pics of the car testing at Hampton were taken way back on the 20th April...

So yes there has been a round since then, but only the one....The calendar is far too drawn out for my liking!!
Old 5 Aug 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3285919)   #22
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you CDM on the calendar....I too wish the rounds were closer together. Who knows for 2014, if the heads get their act together and some sort of V8ST/TLX category can be formed with the NZ Touring Car class made up of TL's then could we see more calendar events spread out evenly throughout the year??

Does anyone know what the CC is looking like for Taupo?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 06:09 (Ref:3285982)   #23
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Was 24 the max number set or was it 26?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3285988)   #24
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the cap was for 24 cars
Old 5 Aug 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3286012)   #25
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I believe the cap was for 24 cars
Correct it is capped at 24 cars total of which 22 have been built and issued with Chassis numbers and logbook.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3286306)   #26
CDM
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Correct it is capped at 24 cars total of which 22 have been built and issued with Chassis numbers and logbook.
So what of the remaining two? Have franchised been sold and/or deposits paid? Or still for sale?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3286315)   #27
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do they need to be commies to keep the numbers balanced or can you put a corvette body on them?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3286349)   #28
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
So what of the remaining two? Have franchised been sold and/or deposits paid? Or still for sale?
As far as I am aware no deposit has been paid on either of last two cars, so as you cant buy a franchise without a car, its ditto for that.

Theoretically that means two cars and franchise are still for sale, however any interested party would need to confirm that directly with Ray Noonan the CEO of V8 Supertourers.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3286460)   #29
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
As far as I am aware no deposit has been paid on either of last two cars, so as you cant buy a franchise without a car, its ditto for that.

Theoretically that means two cars and franchise are still for sale, however any interested party would need to confirm that directly with Ray Noonan the CEO of V8 Supertourers.
3 as IMS can not sell the unwanted one. They brought it they should run it.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3286814)   #30
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Supertourers facebook page the endurance races will feature refuelling. An interesting development!