Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4045170)   #286
tux
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Posts: 4,257
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL Merc 1,2,3,4,5,6 in the test.
tux is offline  
Quote
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4045179)   #287
Matt K
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,147
Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems they're well prepared for DTM return then
Matt K is offline  
Quote
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4045185)   #288
WyldStallion
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 419
WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Seems they're well prepared for DTM return then
Porsches would be up there with the Mercedes, if they were interesting in running DTM that is.
WyldStallion is offline  
Quote
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4045188)   #289
Racing Harz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Posts: 1,556
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Porsches would be up there with the Mercedes, if they were interesting in running DTM that is.
Nope. The cars in the DTM are running with 570 - 600 hp, the 911 GT3 R has max. 520 hp. The technical director drom the ITR confirmed, that the other cars are to fast in the configuration and they donīt make them slower for one make.
Racing Harz is offline  
Quote
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4045194)   #290
canaglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,195
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Nope. The cars in the DTM are running with 570 - 600 hp, the 911 GT3 R has max. 520 hp. The technical director drom the ITR confirmed, that the other cars are to fast in the configuration and they donīt make them slower for one make.
Don't know... dtm gt3 cars are now using michlein and basically scored the same laptimes of gtopen in 2019, basically are the same cars using the same tires. These better performances are mainly given by michelin than else... I don't expect dtm is using unrestricted cars, likely bop is be similiar to other series, sort of AMG gt3 at about 1300-1330kg, M6 about >2bar for most of rpm range etc...
canaglia is offline  
Quote
Old 8 Apr 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4045223)   #291
WyldStallion
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 419
WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Don't know... dtm gt3 cars are now using michlein and basically scored the same laptimes of gtopen in 2019, basically are the same cars using the same tires. These better performances are mainly given by michelin than else... I don't expect dtm is using unrestricted cars, likely bop is be similiar to other series, sort of AMG gt3 at about 1300-1330kg, M6 about >2bar for most of rpm range etc...
Regardless lap time comparison will be most fun if the DTM cars run on a track that WEC GTE Pro does as well. Will this happen?
WyldStallion is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Apr 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4045276)   #292
Racing Harz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Posts: 1,556
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Don't know... dtm gt3 cars are now using michlein and basically scored the same laptimes of gtopen in 2019, basically are the same cars using the same tires. These better performances are mainly given by michelin than else... I don't expect dtm is using unrestricted cars, likely bop is be similiar to other series, sort of AMG gt3 at about 1300-1330kg, M6 about >2bar for most of rpm range etc...
Michael Resl technical director from the ITR confirmed, that their cars running with a little restrictor and sources from the paddock confirmed, that the Audi didnīt have one.

The cars have many sensors built into the tests, they were significantly heavier than the minimum weight.
https://gt-place.com/2021/04/08/die-...serie-zu-sein/
Racing Harz is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Apr 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4045300)   #293
canaglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,195
canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Michael Resl technical director from the ITR confirmed, that their cars running with a little restrictor and sources from the paddock confirmed, that the Audi didnīt have one.

The cars have many sensors built into the tests, they were significantly heavier than the minimum weight.
https://gt-place.com/2021/04/08/die-...serie-zu-sein/
well, a R8 gt3 without restrictors should be in the range of 640hp, like the R8 gt2, since it's basically the street V10 engine at its full power. If this is true, well I'm a bit disappointed since it would mean that a michelin R8 at full power is just about 1.5-2s faster than a pirelli R8 with >100hp less (despite the weight handicap as you say).
canaglia is offline  
Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 VASC Silly Season Jack65 Australasian Touring Cars. 514 Yesterday 15:05
GT World Challenge Europe 2021 Racing Harz Sportscar & GT Racing 120 12 Apr 2021 22:29
Supercars 2021 Media Rights peckstar Australasian Touring Cars. 369 6 Apr 2021 15:47
[Team] Racing Point to be Renamed Aston Martin Racing in 2021 karting Formula One 364 19 Nov 2020 10:20
Mercedes After 2021 Casper Formula One 15 7 Apr 2018 21:28


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2021 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.