Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Dec 2021, 23:31 (Ref:4086650)   #3151
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Bauble's Bletherings?
It would seem my erudite contributions to the generally humdrum flow of banter is not fully appreciated by certain individuals. Well what can one expect from country folk!
Old 5 Dec 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4086717)   #3152
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It would seem my erudite contributions to the generally humdrum flow of banter is not fully appreciated by certain individuals. Well what can one expect from country folk!
I think a lot of people appreciate how it needs ongoing postings to keep the forum going .
Without a constant flow of new items each day interest would drop off and that could bring an end to it .

Of course , I am not saying that all " Erudite "contributions make any sense , but they do keep some of us amused . And not everybody has the time to spend all day on here .

So keep it up Baub .
Old 5 Dec 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4086723)   #3153
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well "erudite" wasn't the word that I was referring to, I fear the auto censor took four letters off my suggestion.
Old 5 Dec 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4086724)   #3154
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You mean Bulls hit sayings?
Old 5 Dec 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4086736)   #3155
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Mike will be chuffed to bits we are carrying on with this thread. Roll on "Bells Banter 2022".
Old 5 Dec 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4086753)   #3156
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This one took me a while to understand it. Very good…

Mike will be chuffed to bits we are carrying on with this thread. Roll on "Bells Banter 2022". Indeed Iain.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 00:43 (Ref:4087070)   #3157
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Out of inconsequential interest, may I ask if many here tackle the Puzzles set on the Picture Puzzle thread?

Not many people ever send in an answer, only a handful most of the time, yet the number of 'views' is in the hundreds. Maybe solving puzzles is not to everybody's taste, however, it would be nice to have some idea of those pondering the problems.

Baub.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 07:37 (Ref:4087127)   #3158
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Bullseye Peter!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 6 Dec 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4087132)   #3159
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Out of inconsequential interest, may I ask if many here tackle the Puzzles set on the Picture Puzzle thread?

Not many people ever send in an answer, only a handful most of the time, yet the number of 'views' is in the hundreds. Maybe solving puzzles is not to everybody's taste, however, it would be nice to have some idea of those pondering the problems.

Baub.
I'll be honest Bauble sometimes I forget whether I'm in Puzzles or Picture Parade. I understand why you ask for answers by email, but it's a faff. Also by the time the answers are published there's another set of questions and it takes some searching through to find the questions the answers relate to and I don't bother. Too much 50s stuff I don't have a hope in hell of recognising too

Old 6 Dec 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4087135)   #3160
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'll be honest Bauble sometimes I forget whether I'm in Puzzles or Picture Parade. I understand why you ask for answers by email, but it's a faff. Also by the time the answers are published there's another set of questions and it takes some searching through to find the questions the answers relate to and I don't bother. Too much 50s stuff I don't have a hope in hell of recognising too

Sadly Midge, as we get older it often means one loses concentration quickly, and have difficulty dealing with complex situations. and lose concentration, condensation, komposasho..... er ... Oh! bug her ..........?????
Old 6 Dec 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4087136)   #3161
bauble
Veteran

England
Thank you for the feedback MM, I will give it some thought, and try and find a solution, I have been thinking of a two tier system, something for the dedicated anoraks and something more like a Pub Quiz.

As always I do appreciate your contributions, rude and ill mannered as they may be.
Baub.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4087149)   #3162
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thank you for the feedback MM, I will give it some thought, and try and find a solution, I have been thinking of a two tier system, something for the dedicated anoraks and something more like a Pub Quiz.

As always I do appreciate your contributions, rude and ill mannered as they may be.
Baub.
How can you say that things on here are rude & ill mannered ?

Did you hear about the 2 ladies talking .
One said " I was in the supermarket and saw my Gynaecologist , he recognised me and said hello.
The other one said , " You should wear longer skirts "
Old 6 Dec 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4087154)   #3163
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Baub.

As far as I am concerned, and I am not talking for anyone else on here, I need the answers provided with each quiz so that I even have a chance of finding the clues let alone get them right!
Old 6 Dec 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4087184)   #3164
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Baub.
I'm a 'viewer' but very rarely answer as I'm afraid age has caught up with memory.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4087201)   #3165
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Too much 50s stuff I don't have a hope in hell of recognising too
Trouble is MM that I grew up in the 50's, and tended to lose interest once the 60's arrived. To me a proper racing car has, in the main, an engine in front of the driver, who would be clearly visible to the spectator, and probably wrestling with the steering wheel. I finally stopped following F! once our current WC came on the scene.

"When men were men, and they raced in green" today it is more case of "Boys will be boys, and spoilt ones at that." From the little I have read about the Arabic Grand Prix the real heroes of the modern era would appear to be sitting at computer screens eagerly searching for a reason to penalise someone, for almost anything.

I will endeavour to find more up-to-date puzzles to tempt you.

Kindest possible regards,

Baub.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4087231)   #3166
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
From the little I have read about the Arabic Grand Prix the real heroes of the modern era would appear to be sitting at computer screens eagerly searching for a reason to penalise someone, for almost anything.
I suspect the communications systems on the cars are automatically flagging any possible "anomalies" to those controlling the events so as to make writing the script on-the-fly much more viable. It's easier than trying to engineer events to fit a pre-defined script as Hollywood would have to do.

Attempting to come up with a script that had the two main protagonists almost always finishing 1 and 2 whilst still frequently clashing over the course of a couple of dozen races in a season and yet heading into the last race on equal points would be highly desirable to a Hollywood storyline even if so unrealistic as to seem absurd.

However, by managing events based in what has happened and creating the script on-the-fly anything is possible. One even has the "Old-Hand" versus the "young whippersnapper". Classic characterisations.

You have to hand it to the Americans. Their creative ability in the field of "reality" TV seems more developed than others have been able to achieved.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4087250)   #3167
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an occasional and fairly useless responder to your Picture Puzzles I have to agree with Midge that it can get somewhat complicated trying to understand what I'm looking for. Being simple I often look at the cometition numbers on the cars but missed answering the puzzle a few weeks back when the answer was consecutive competition numbers (1 to 6, I think) as I thought that was too easy.
I like the 50s cars but some of the 40s and pre-war stuff is beyond my knowledge but I still like looking at the pics.
Please keep this thread going, Bob, as I'm always keen to know the answers.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4087278)   #3168
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I suspect the communications systems on the cars are automatically flagging any possible "anomalies" to those controlling the events so as to make writing the script on-the-fly much more viable. It's easier than trying to engineer events to fit a pre-defined script as Hollywood would have to do.

Attempting to come up with a script that had the two main protagonists almost always finishing 1 and 2 whilst still frequently clashing over the course of a couple of dozen races in a season and yet heading into the last race on equal points would be highly desirable to a Hollywood storyline even if so unrealistic as to seem absurd.

However, by managing events based in what has happened and creating the script on-the-fly anything is possible. One even has the "Old-Hand" versus the "young whippersnapper". Classic characterisations.

You have to hand it to the Americans. Their creative ability in the field of "reality" TV seems more developed than others have been able to achieved.
Even Alan Gow would have struggled to contrive such a scenario!

Maybe the Dutch yobbo will be more to Bob's liking??
Old 6 Dec 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4087293)   #3169
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Maybe the Dutch yobbo will be more to Bob's liking??
John, as i understand it there is a company that produces Driver Kits for F1 Teams who can then assemble and paint them in team colours, which is the only way to tell them apart. Black or orange it makes little difference.
I think they got the idea from Lego,
Old 6 Dec 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4087296)   #3170
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I think that the same people write the scripts for Midsomer Murders, and Coronation Street.

"Can Lewis snatch the prize from Max, and will Toto shoot himself if he fails.?"
Old 6 Dec 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4087310)   #3171
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think that the same people write the scripts for Midsomer Murders, and Coronation Street.

"Can Lewis snatch the prize from Max, and will Toto shoot himself if he fails.?"
One could see a situation whereby after some eventful moments during the final GP involving, perhaps involving accidents and safety cars, LH and MV are running 9th and 10th respectively - so 1 point in LH's favour for the Championship.

5 laps to go - Perez and Bottas, fighting for the lead and manufacturers points, collide and a safety car comes out for a couple of laps. Hoping it will end under the safety car LH motors around to the end but MV sees an opportunity (as rehearsed 2 or 3 weeks back) dives into the pits for new soft tyres and grabs fastest lap on the last lap of the race.

Thus the points score would be equal and LV would take the title based on more wins in the season.

So next year they would need to make it equal points, equal wins and do the countback on the greatest number of seconds - or thirds. Or fastest laps. Or something. After all, every year has to be more "amazing" than the one before to keep the sponsors happy.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4087320)   #3172
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks for the Lotus 17 photos Bob. I am ashamed to say that i have never ventured onto your puzzle thread.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4087330)   #3173
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Agree with all of that, it's sometimes difficult trying to keep track of which answers relate to which puzzles. I appreciate the effort in putting up the pictures Bauble.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4087332)   #3174
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
. I appreciate the effort in putting up the pictures Bauble.
Oh yes, please Bob don't think we're not grateful for all your hard work. I do enjoy them and the pictures, so please continue.

Old 6 Dec 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4087349)   #3175
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Many thanks for the Lotus 17 photos Bob. I am ashamed to say that i have never ventured onto your puzzle thread.

Probably just as well Iain, I get nothing but complaints.:rofl*:

If you need copies of the Lotus, let me know.

* It is good to have at least one satisfied customer.

T,I.C Baub.