Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4055228)   #76
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
On TSL they show as DNF in race 2 then not out again after that.

https://www.tsl-timing.com/event/212252
I was there, sounded like the car had a misfire before the pit stop/driver change, Harris got in but only did 2 laps before pulling off at turn 3.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4055290)   #77
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
On TSL they show as DNF in race 2 then not out again after that.

https://www.tsl-timing.com/event/212252
I think it was mentioned that they could only race on the Saturday.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4055307)   #78
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I think it was mentioned that they could only race on the Saturday.
They did the sprint race on sunday, the comms at the circuit said they were going to skip the pit stop race I think due to shortage of parts.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4058495)   #79
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Album of pics from Snetterton: https://bit.ly/35WryPq

My first time there since 2014, which is before I started takking the photography more seriously, so this was something of an exploratory trip. I found myself taking a nice mix of close-ups (wonderful lack of fences!) and long shots (wonderful countryside backdrops!).

Please remember - I'm a fan with a camera, not a skilled photographer. These pictures are all cropped and resized to 16:9 but otherwise unedited.

I hope you enjoy!
Old 9 Jul 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4060539)   #80
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Album of pictures from Oulton Park: https://bit.ly/3yBpPuW

Very wet in the morning, bright and sunny in the afternoon. A lovely day, good crowd, beautiful circuit.

While I’m here, an album of photos from Britcar Endurance at Oulton Park a couple of weeks earlier: https://bit.ly/3e1cm83. Another fab day. Interesting grid, dominated by Pragas, making for another great day out at a circuit I hadn’t visited since 2014.

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 9 Jul 2021 at 18:57.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4065991)   #81
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A pretty incredible 42 cars on the entry list for this coming weekend at Silverstone.

A still fairly slim GT3 entry, losing the Balfe 720s GT3, but gaining an invitational FF Corse Ferrari GT3.

The cup car entry is huge, as is GT4. A whopping 9 GT4 Mclarens
Old 9 Aug 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4066009)   #82
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
That entry rivals British GT in breadth and depth of cars, albeit not in quality of drivers perhaps.

(I base that on thinking of the Super Trofeo Lambos and the 488 Cups as basically being GT3 cars)
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4066018)   #83
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
love this for gt cup. arguably the best event for competitors the uk has to offer.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 22:25 (Ref:4066077)   #84
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
love this for gt cup. arguably the best event for competitors the uk has to offer.
Great to see it really thriving, at offering something different to British GT too.

If I was a wealthy AM in the UK right now id 100% want to do a few seasons in GT Cup before stepping over to British GT
Old 15 Aug 2021, 11:37 (Ref:4066807)   #85
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad to see the incidents this morning. Not sure what caused the turn 1 carnage on lap 1 other than 5+ cars lost it, looked like maybe fluid on the circuit. 5 cars off on the hangar straight with big damage, real shame. Glad the drivers are ok.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4074356)   #86
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
38 entrants (maximum capacity) for Donington this weekend. Looking forward to being back trackside after a break for the summer.
Old 19 Sep 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4074635)   #87
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First race on Sunday almost ready to start. Unfortunately @Speedwellrocker's brother's car had a big off on a drying track at my post this morning. I very much doubt it'll be out but I hope so.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 06:46 (Ref:4074993)   #88
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reader, it was not running.

Great weekend if rather busy for me and several of my colleague volunteers. The GT Cup races were excellent - big grids and some great drives. Unfortunately the Neary's AMG broke the gearbox in Sunday's sprint race on the penultimate lap after 23 minutes of total dominance by Sam.

More of this, please!
Old 22 Sep 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4075036)   #89
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ooh, the 2022 calendar is here. Running with GTWCE at Brands on May Day bank holiday weekend, which will be pretty awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
gtcup2022.jpeg  
Old 22 Sep 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4075052)   #90
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT Cup but has come on well and well worth a look as a spectator and / or snapper - a few general snaps from Sunday with more GT Cup to follow. (Races with less than ten entrants only reluctantly featured) https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWGV8Mw
Old 22 Sep 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4075068)   #91
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Ooh, the 2022 calendar is here. Running with GTWCE at Brands on May Day bank holiday weekend, which will be pretty awesome!
I’m delighted the double bill with GTWC is now established as a fixture. It makes for a fabulous weekend for GT fans.
Old 23 Sep 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4075166)   #92
Speedwellrocker
Rookie

Speedwellrocker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You weren't at the Old Hairpin were you Greem, where Grahame Tilley went off? Were struggling to get a door mirror bracket and guess it's way too late to retrieve the old one? It was that hectic after the accident that I didn't think to contact race control to see if any damaged bits from the car had been 'handed in'.
Old 23 Sep 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4075172)   #93
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwellrocker View Post
You weren't at the Old Hairpin were you Greem, where Grahame Tilley went off? Were struggling to get a door mirror bracket and guess it's way too late to retrieve the old one? It was that hectic after the accident that I didn't think to contact race control to see if any damaged bits from the car had been 'handed in'.
I was, that was my incident. All the identifiable bits we could find either went in the car or on the recovery truck - given how hard Grahame hit the tyre wall, the mirror bracket could well be in orbit (or shattered into several small pieces). Sorry.

I hope Grahame isn't too battered. Please pass on my regards - I was the marshal asking him whether his incident had assistance from the car behind, which he was very open & candid about - there was no assistance.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4075420)   #94
Speedwellrocker
Rookie

Speedwellrocker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Greem, I will pass on your regards. Grahame is fine, just his pride and wallet battered!! He was just pushing too hard, too early, as the track dried a little. The GT-R is a little 'old school' when it comes to the traction control and not as effective as the Lambo's, McClaren's, etc.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4076865)   #95
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWUietW

Gallery from Snetterton including one or two from the support races. GT Cup but two support races had four and five competitors respectively ...
Old 4 Oct 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4076900)   #96
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWUietW

Gallery from Snetterton including one or two from the support races. GT Cup but two support races had four and five competitors respectively ...
Great pics.

Was there on sunday, good couple of GT Cup races, its always nice for some reason to be at a not very busy track, got to take in a few more Snet spots that I would usually not bother with.
Old 4 Oct 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4076935)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Enjoying the pictures on here. Sounds the series is definitely in good health and getting a nice interest and is existing fine, even if British GT is still top dog in this country when it comes to GT racing