Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 May 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4049254)   #151
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yamaha’s Fabio Quartararo admits he’s “lost” about what to do after an arm-pump problem robbed him of a commanding MotoGP Spanish Grand Prix victory.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 May 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4049386)   #152
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, sad and worrying news. He already had surgery on the same arm, syndrome des loges. Its gonna be difficult for him to remain concentrated, he's a good racer not a doc.
Old 3 May 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4049391)   #153
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great win for Miller, great day for Ducati, bad luck for Quartararo.

When is VR going to realise he is quite a few years past his prime, and stop flogging the proverbial dead horse? The true champions retire slightly after their peak, not after years of being a grid filler. Unfortunately he's tarnishing his record and his image, which is a shame. It's not like he needs the money, so why keep going for so poorly for so long? He's arguably the worst signing of the season, and I couldn't believe it when Petronas SRT signed him.
Old 4 May 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4049658)   #154
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be VR thinks he will be back one day or another resuscitating himself from ashes, he already knew some flat spots during his career. I think/ hope he will show that he can do wonders but probably not win again. Gone are the days when he could strongly require several bespoke frames or rear arms.
Old 4 May 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4049672)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Miller on that win, but big mystery about Fabio on why he suddenly lost pace. Hopefully we’ll find out before too long
Old 4 May 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4049681)   #156
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well done Miller on that win, but big mystery about Fabio on why he suddenly lost pace. Hopefully we’ll find out before too long
I thought he's already confirmed that it was Arm Pump?
Old 4 May 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4049704)   #157
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I did put a post 151 on regarding this above, and it was arm pump.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 May 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4049728)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s ok, he’s had surgery now, but weird how it affected him just like that
Old 4 May 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4049733)   #159
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It’s ok, he’s had surgery now, but weird how it affected him just like that
I wouldn't call it weird per se. The following have all needed surgery for arm pump:
Dani Pedrosa
Casy Stoner
Stefan Bradl
Loris Baz
Cal Crutchlow (both arms)
Pol Espargaro
Jorge Lorenzo
Hector Barbara
Scott Redding

This is the second time for Quartararo, having previously gone under the knife in 2019:

Old 4 May 2021, 22:52 (Ref:4049736)   #160
S griffin
Veteran

I was talking about how it affected him during the race not the surgery. Dear oh dear, some people are so quick to jump to conclusions
Old 5 May 2021, 05:19 (Ref:4049748)   #161
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Boy oh boy, good to hear it was not the front tyre it would have been a disaster. What a relief it affects only the right arm and not the "clutch" arm used for the turn signal too. Will he be able to scratch his nose and b*lls like Rossi in the near future? I wonder, I wonder, boy oh boy!

This reminds me that a certain Mick D, when retiring "on his toes", left a legacy of braking hard…Hope this comment is weird enough to match some other's!
Old 5 May 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4049800)   #162
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
A 'low morale' Spanish MotoGP weekend ends on a more positive note for Valentino Rossi at the post-race test; "We finished with a good feeling, because I am able to ride in a better way and improved my pace a lot."

Valentino Rossi admitted morale was 'very low' after his Spanish Grand Prix came to a conclusion, where he had started, in just 17th place.

But the Monday test at least allowed the Italian and his Petronas Yamaha team some 'shy smiles' as Rossi lapped within 0.8s of factory Yamaha pace setter Maverick Vinales for 12th on the timesheets.

It was nothing to celebrate, but that position was higher than Rossi had managed during the grand prix weekend.

"After the race and the whole weekend, my morale and the morale of my team was very low, because we have to try to be faster. Today things were a bit better. We sometimes had a small smile at some points," Rossi said.

The nine-time world champion, who has only finished in the points once in his four Petronas appearances, completed 73 laps of the Jerez circuit as he sought to improve his feel and performance on the latest M1.

Like team-mate Franco Morbidelli, Rossi had a new front fender and new carbon fibre swingarm to try, plus some electronic settings.
Old 5 May 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4049802)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

Rossi is never going to reach his previous heights, but I do hope he is able to find more pace to be higher up. It’s not satisfying to see him only making up the numbers
Old 5 May 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4049805)   #164
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Rossi is never going to reach his previous heights, but I do hope he is able to find more pace to be higher up. It’s not satisfying to see him only making up the numbers
Agreed, touring around at the back is not good to watch
Old 5 May 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4049871)   #165
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
A 'low morale' Spanish MotoGP weekend ends on a more positive note for Valentino Rossi at the post-race test; "We finished with a good feeling, because I am able to ride in a better way and improved my pace a lot."

Valentino Rossi admitted morale was 'very low' after his Spanish Grand Prix came to a conclusion, where he had started, in just 17th place.

But the Monday test at least allowed the Italian and his Petronas Yamaha team some 'shy smiles' as Rossi lapped within 0.8s of factory Yamaha pace setter Maverick Vinales for 12th on the timesheets.

It was nothing to celebrate, but that position was higher than Rossi had managed during the grand prix weekend.

"After the race and the whole weekend, my morale and the morale of my team was very low, because we have to try to be faster. Today things were a bit better. We sometimes had a small smile at some points," Rossi said.

The nine-time world champion, who has only finished in the points once in his four Petronas appearances, completed 73 laps of the Jerez circuit as he sought to improve his feel and performance on the latest M1.

Like team-mate Franco Morbidelli, Rossi had a new front fender and new carbon fibre swingarm to try, plus some electronic settings.
Good information, thanks Gordon.
Old 6 May 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4050108)   #166
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The WSB boys are testing at Motorland Aragon with Jonathan Rea preceding everyone with a time of 1’49 “547, also being faster than Dani Pedrosa (1’49” 921) who is testing the KTM MotoGP that has a 20km speed advantage !
Old 7 May 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4050195)   #167
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Incredible! May be the satellite teams should buy either a single GSX-R or CBR at a dealer and race it? Good idea when it comes to spare some money…
Old 7 May 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4050205)   #168
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has been happening for decades, Hislop was quicker on race rubber round Donington on a Ducati 916 than Rossi was on race tyres in the same year.

it's nothing new
Old 7 May 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4050221)   #169
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for bringing this back I totally forgot about.
Old 7 May 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4050249)   #170
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This made me look up the relative record laps at Phillip Island.

MotoGP Marc Marquez Honda 1:28.108
Superbike Jonathan Rea Kawasaki ZX10R 1:29.413

Just over a second in it.

Edit: Just discovered afterwards that the 250cc International karts record is 1.28.419! That would be an exciting journey

Last edited by E.B; 7 May 2021 at 22:47.
Old 11 May 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4051154)   #171
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
After the last GP at Jerez there was a test on the Monday, I notice that Vinales did 101 laps so I'm not surprised that he managed to get on top !!
Quartararo didn't test and went back to France to try and sort out his arm pump problem ready for his home GP this coming weekends race at Le Mans. Mark Marquez only did 7 laps compared to his brother and Rossi was near his team mate in lap time, looking forward to it .
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (505).png
Views:	4
Size:	895.5 KB
ID:	68493

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 11 May 2021 at 22:11.
Old 12 May 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4051217)   #172
S griffin
Veteran

Looking forward to this weekend's French GP. For the first time since 2013 MotoGP will be live on FTA. Thank you ITV4!
Old 13 May 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4051552)   #173
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The WSB boys are testing at Motorland Aragon with Jonathan Rea preceding everyone with a time of 1’49 “547, also being faster than Dani Pedrosa (1’49” 921) who is testing the KTM MotoGP that has a 20km speed advantage !
(Just a little caveat: I am pretty sure they use the same configuration in MotoGP and WSBK, although they will use a different layout in a future F1 race/practice.)

Last season in Motorland II, fastest race lap was 1'48"1 and everyone was faster than this Rea's time except Bagnaia (who retired in lap5, checking in FORIX). Pole was 1'46"9 but that is another animal. I am sure Pedrosa's time is not a "fast lap".

Last season in WSBK, best long race lap was 1'50"1 (there were four long races in total!) and best pole was 1'48"8 (Rea's, of course).

Judging from that, MotoGP is approx 2" faster in Motorland, that is a pretty complete track. It is to say, WSBK is closer to Moto 2 than to MotoGP, being between those two categories.

However, SBKs are massively cheaper than MotoGP bikes... So, kudos to SBK boys (... and girls?)
Old 15 May 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4051799)   #174
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
After a very "iffy" qualification in wet/dry/wet conditions Quartararo put it on pole with team mate Vinales and Miller on the front row. For a while it looked like Marc Marquez (6th) might have got it and then Rossi (9th) who had a "moment! on the last corner.
It looks like the weather is going to be similar for tomorrow, I'll be telling them how to do it from my sofa in the dry
Old 15 May 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4051822)   #175
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice pole he got during the very last minute. Just hope "la malédiction du Grand Prix national" wont strike again as was the case for Zarco.
Should be cloudy and cold but few showers are expected. Fingers crossed.