Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Feb 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3204632)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Spa Franchorchamps 2-3-4 May - Who's going?

Contemplating visiting the 6 Hours of Spa. Never went before. Did visit the circuit many times, but not the 1000 kms or 6 Hours.

As it is a considerable distance away from Antwerp (although Belgium is a tiny country ) I intend to stay for a few days instead of doing the two-way run on the saturday. Probably thursday late morning till sunday morning. Anybody got some tips on campsites on track or in the near proximity?

These seem to be quite OK and near the track? Does anyone know them?
http://en.eaurouge.nl/
http://www.camping-coo.be/index.php?pageid=1 (not available in English)

Last edited by vincegail; 14 Feb 2013 at 14:20.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3204638)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Like you, have been there quite a few times (being my 'local' track when I lived in Wallonie in 2007), but never camped - always stayed in a hotel, either in Liege or somewhere a bit closer.

One thing I have noticed is this year the hotels are all considerably fuller than I've ever seen them before - presumably due to the combination of the Labour Day and Ascension Day public holidays straddling the WEC weekend making it a bit more of a touristy season - don't know if that will impact the campsites, but for others looking at travelling over it's certainly worth getting your accommodation sorted sooner rather than later.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3204643)   #3
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Just for the record: event starts on Thursday, May 2nd and ends on Saturday, May 4th, race start 14.30/2.30 pm (GMT+1) I believe.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3204652)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, thank you! Been looking at last year's site apparently!
Could one of the moderators change the thread title to the correct date please?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3204668)   #5
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Done it every year since 2009, will likely do so again this year. Can't help you with campsites though, I always drive from home.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3204692)   #6
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Will be there for Race Saturday , if possible also for Friday . 1h drive for me
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3205503)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Yes, thank you! Been looking at last year's site apparently!
Could one of the moderators change the thread title to the correct date please?

Ask and ye shall receive........
Old 15 Feb 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3205573)   #8
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ask and ye shall receive........
Yes! And thank you for that!
Old 16 Feb 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3205838)   #9
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Weekend Tickets are booked today .
Old 16 Feb 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3205950)   #10
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking at attending the Spa 24 in the next couple of years so been thinking more about camping. Seems like a good way to flood/destroy a tent and all your possessions.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3205976)   #11
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain is the normal situation, there.

I'll be there on saturday only this year, i think.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3206015)   #12
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefvh View Post
Rain is the normal situation, there.

I'll be there on saturday only this year, i think.
Generally would agree wholeheartedly, but I still remember the 2011 race getting borderline heatstroke walking up to Les Combes. More typically perhaps was last year, having driven down on Saturday morning and getting all goretexed up for the start and being astonished at a largely dry event.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3209129)   #13
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
The WEC Race in Spa is shrunken to a 2 Day Event . Support Race is canceled . Everybody with a Ticket Invoice will get a gift pack in the WEC Fan Zone on Friday .
Old 22 Feb 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3209148)   #14
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Yes indeed! Thanks for the heads up! They just cut off the thursday, and kept the prices as they were.
http://www.spafiawec.com/
Old 22 Feb 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3209153)   #15
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Just WEC and Porsche Benelux Cup then, nothing else...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3209159)   #16
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I was planning to make it a camping long weekend, with some nice racing included. This decapitated event is not really to my liking. Will wait for some near the date weather forecasts to determine to go yes or no.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3209163)   #17
Coach Ep
Veteran

2 long days instead of 3 rather short ones, at least it saves a day away from the office (more time to travel to other events ). Quite a bit of tracktime for the WEC boys on Friday as well (over 4,5 hours).
Old 22 Feb 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3209189)   #18
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.campingspador.be/ardens/e..._spa_d'or/

I stayed at this campsite after an event at Spa, can't remember how far it was from the track, as I only drove from track to site, not the other way.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3209194)   #19
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
http://www.campingspador.be/ardens/e..._spa_d'or/

I stayed at this campsite after an event at Spa, can't remember how far it was from the track, as I only drove from track to site, not the other way.
Probably about the same distance if you take the same route...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3209202)   #20
Coach Ep
Veteran

approx 15 min. from the track by car.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3211345)   #21
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The easiest campsite you'll find right across from the Francorchamps racing hotel(which is in Francorchamps, really close to the track. Can't miss). The hotel has it's own campsite as well but I'd steer clear of that if I were you.
Generally, the one across the street'll charge about twenty euro's a night(including car and tent), decently clean toiletry and showers and a small 10 minutes stroll from the La Source hairpin. If one arrives a day before the race, there'll be no need to book in advance.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3211348)   #22
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Ofcourse we'll be attending again. It's a fixed point on our agenda. Such a big race, so close to home(small two hours drive) can ofcourse not be missed!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3211593)   #23
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
The hotel has it's own campsite as well but I'd steer clear of that if I were you.
Generally, the one across the street'll charge about twenty euro's a night
Can only find info on the camping next to the hotel. Do you have a link or some more general info (phone, address) on the 'one across the street'?
Thx in advance!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3211616)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Can only find info on the camping next to the hotel. Do you have a link or some more general info (phone, address) on the 'one across the street'?
Thx in advance!
I'm pretty sure I've used this as a parking spot in the past - and if I remember rightly it's pretty ad hoc, i.e. operates as a camp site for major events, but rest of the year is just a plot of land - or am I thinking of somewhere further down the road towards the track entry?
Old 27 Feb 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3211936)   #25
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'm wavering now. This is usually my Birthday Treat, but as the Lad cannot be there, can I be bothered for just 2 days??? Anyone want to go, sharing a comfy Golf? The old one did it 5 years in a row, new one to be collected this weekend...
I usually park inside the circuit Main Entrance. Pitch a tent, and only pay for parking!